Old December 10, 2001, 15:34   #1
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 10:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Rails Across America - Excellent!
After playing the demo for a few hours I decided to buy Rails. It seemed like a fairly fun, if somewhat simple, game, good enough at least to spend $40 on.

After playing the game for awhile, and not being limited by the demo time limit I have one thing to say. Yes, this is a simple game, but it's simple in the same way chess is simple. This game has a LOT of depth! When I started playing the full game I realized just how much there is to do. I'm having a BLAST!

If you haven't tried the demo of RAA I suggest you do ASAP! Or, just save yourself some time and go out and buy the game, you'll be glad you did!

John-SJ
Old December 11, 2001, 19:53   #2
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yeah! Someone else who enjoys the game! This game was discussed in an earlier thread here and someone thought it was just a ripoff of Railroad Tycoon. This is simply not the case though you can see why someone would jump to that conclusion if they only looked at it superficially. Actually, with its "nasty" cards, its more like Business Tycoon or The Corporate Machine in gameplay. By the way, don't forget to download the patch if you haven't already. Simply logon to the internet and run the game. It will autodetect whther or not there is a patch to install.
Old December 11, 2001, 21:27   #3
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 10:17
Thanks Russell, I did get that patch. BTW, have you seen (or has anyone else seen) a RAA forum anywhere? I'd like to read about some of the strategies people have come up with.

edit: Answered my own question. I did yet another search with Google and found http://www.flyinglab.com/forums/ - I should have looked in the obvious places first!
John-SJ

Last edited by John-SJ; December 11, 2001 at 21:56.
Old December 18, 2001, 17:10   #4
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 13:17
Well, its good to know that I'm not the only one that likes the game around here.
Old July 26, 2002, 01:30   #5
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The latest patch (which includes a map editor) can be found here.
Old July 26, 2002, 06:30   #6
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 19:17
I'd meant to get it but other games like Morrowind and NWN jumped in and ate all my playtime. Thanks for reminding me to put it high on my wishlist when I tire of sword wielding and spell flinging.