Old December 11, 2001, 00:58   #1
Earendil
Settler

Local Time: 10:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Idea for a new Civ. What do you think?
How about doing the Noldor Elves from the first age of middle earth. Using the Silmarillian map. I've tried to use the editor but have failed i got some made that I gave up. Does anyone want to attempted it. You'd need to make the forces of Morgoth as well. Anyone know how to do this? Anyone want to? The forces of men will need two camps as well good guys and bad guys.
Old December 11, 2001, 12:09   #2
ntyatecafe
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:19
I think that just about everyone is busy making their own, personal, civilizations for the game. I'm currently working on building a Confederate States of America civ (don't ask...it started as a joke), but I'll help you if I can. You said you had problems with the editor...what type of problems?
And it sure beats working for a living...
Old December 11, 2001, 18:16   #3
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:19
Who must be the leader of Noldors?

I'm sure Fëanor must not be.
Old December 11, 2001, 18:38   #4
Earendil
Settler

Feonor was the leader of the Nordor until his death but your right hes not a good choice. I was thinking of using Gil-galad of the second age who died along side Elendil when they destroyed Souron at the end of the second age. He was the High king of all the Noldor in middle earth at the time. The problem with a first age king is that the Noldor had no High King in the age they where in many different Kingdoms.

I was thinking of choosing Galadriel as High Queen of the Noldor simply because she is very well known.

I think they should be Militaristic/Scientific. They have been a huge military force through out the ages in middle earth it is only at the end of the Third age that they have decome a minor power loosing so many to the sea. (ie. they leave for the undying lands).
Scientific because they are the most advanced race in middle earth.
Old December 11, 2001, 18:49   #5
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I think that Gil-galad is not a bad choose, but I dislike Galadriel (as High King, not the character itself). But what Felagund (is correct the spelling?) or Turgon or other of his house?

Well, I know that Noldor had many kingdoms, but, if you want one from 1st Age, you must choose.

(By the way, good luck with the civ, Earendil)
Old December 11, 2001, 19:05   #6
Earendil
Settler

As for my problem I cant seem to Save my race (lost the work twice--- all those city names ) I also cant add a new race is that just the way it is; i have to change an existing race?
I also cant seem to get the map to look like any thing near Beleriand (thats more lack of talent than anything).

To clear things up-- I can save is says I save but the file never shows up. (I looked for it under find file too doesnt exist)

What I need is to fix this problem . By the way I have the newest patch and i have uninstalled/deleted/installed the game twice. Once its fixed I need someone with some talent and a copy of Silmarillian maps to make the map. They will have to use their imagination for the the northern kingdoms of Morgoth. But hey this gives them some part of the map that is thiers. The map should be Huge, the largest possible with Beleriand about half the map. This is not a sea based map for sure but some Isles could be added to the west. You have to make the map flat ie the sides dont connect.

I can do all the work one the races once I fix my problem. Is anyone else intrested in this Idea?
Old December 11, 2001, 19:17   #7
Earendil
Settler

Felagund/Finrod is a good choice as he was called the friend of men. it was his kind treatment of men that made them such a strong force and a strong ally in the war against Meklor. Turgon is an other good choice as well too bad there wasnt a way to make cities hidden. Oh well. Its too bad that the Silmarillion is not better known, then people would know who who was.
Old December 11, 2001, 19:32   #8
yaroslav
Emperor

Your memory is complete!
Altougth I had read Silmarillion three times, I can't remind the details as good as you.

Good memory, Earendil!
Old December 12, 2001, 10:49   #9
ntyatecafe
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Earendil
As for my problem I cant seem to Save my race (lost the work twice--- all those city names ) I also cant add a new race is that just the way it is; i have to change an existing race?
I also cant seem to get the map to look like any thing near Beleriand (thats more lack of talent than anything).

To clear things up-- I can save is says I save but the file never shows up. (I looked for it under find file too doesnt exist)
Hmmm....have you tried copying the race with Gramphos's copytool? I know that you can add races into the game, but I think that you need to use this copytool to copy an existing race, change it, and place it into the editor. As far as the saving, I'm not sure what is causing the problem...I haven't gotten too far into it myself, but if I find anything out, I'll let you know.
And it sure beats working for a living...
Old December 12, 2001, 11:11   #10
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 20:19
Ecthelion would make a cool military leader
Old December 12, 2001, 16:33   #11
Earendil
Settler

Ecthelion... Ecthelion... Cant remember him. The name sounds familiar however. Was he the Elf who Fought Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs in the sack of Gondolin and while he slew Gothmog he also died? Thats the only thing that springs to mind.
Old December 14, 2001, 11:40   #12
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 20:19
very true

and then there was a steward of Gondor named Ecthelion... he built the White Tower (of Ecthelion), and Denethor II is his son IIRC
Old December 22, 2001, 21:19   #13
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 18:19
So, how is this geting on...

Sorry I can't help out, I didn't read the Silmarillion close enough