Old December 11, 2001, 14:12   #1
DarkForce
Settler

Local Time: 20:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question about this great game Civ3
first of all i think that the patch was really good. i've playing for 3 days and i have found only 1 or 2 minor bugs. great job. i also noticed that after the patch the 'bug threads' have vanished!!

i also think that civ3 is the best game ever made. i wonder what civ IV will be like if it comes out.

i have a 'strange' question.

i play on a huge map with 14 civs. what i like is to play and reach the modern era (and go beyond) with those 14 civs still existing. i have started several games but until the 3rd era, almost half of them have been destroyed by other civs. i mean, where is the fun if you reach the modern era, become a superpower and have only 1 or 2 other civs left?it is not so interesting then.

i thought of something to achieve this: i unchecked the domination victory and conquest victory options thinking that this way the AI will probably be less aggressive and the AI civs will not attack each other all the time. however i don't think this has changed the AI's behavior a lot.

civ3 is not a war game only. since diplomacy is so advanced why don't the AI civs use diplomacy when they see they are losing a war, but instead they go on fighting until they are wiped from the planet?

i have used diplomacy many times to save my civilization from being completely destroyed by another civ.

anyway,my question is:

how can i do that? i mean have most AI civs still exist until modern age and beyond?

thank you