Old June 6, 2002, 14:51   #91
Raion
Prince

Local Time: 18:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I find running is better also, as I started a new game, although on the 'Hard' level.
Just think that when an outer space alien-alien buddy arrives, you can both sit down and shoot the aliens in the computer games.
(He still is laughing at all the aliens on the screen!)
Just joking!

Just stamina needs to be replenished!
Before homework starts again, I like to get a little further into the game, although I feel as if I have to be Arnold S. (Terminator movie fame) to finish this game!

But then I may just also get to Civ III, after playing MOO III, and the new UFO:Aftermath someday also -- since I played CivII for a few years!
Old June 6, 2002, 23:27   #92
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 02:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
On drugs?
Old June 6, 2002, 23:39   #93
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 13:21
Probably just a psicone.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 7, 2002, 02:35   #94
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:21
Cheat to prevent your guys from ever being mind-controlled in the game by aliens in XCOM Apocalypse:

Warning, look below at your own risk!!!

Ok, your still here.

Well, all you need to do is go on a peaceful raid against any Megapol building.

Peaceful raid? Yep, send in a squad of guys to "attack" one of their buildings while you are at peace, or even better, allied with them. NEVER fire a shot at them, and they will just wander around, not fire at you, and let you do as you please basically.
Who to bring: As many soldiers as possible, none of them armed with killing weapons, and no armour at all (flying body armour optional). Everyone should have stun weapons, stun grenades or mind control devices to stun the Megapol soldiers with.
What to do: Stun any Megapol guy you see. As long as none of them are injured, the state of peace will continue. When they are stunned, go through their belongings. (Grab what you want too ) What you are looking for specifically is a mind-cap. Wearing it will increase your psi-defence by 50 permanently, and taking it off and then wearing it again in another mission will increase your psi-defence again, permanently. I think the cap is around 250 from memory.
Note: This item does not always show up when raiding. Other times it will show up twice in their inventory. It NEVER shows up in other companies, and never shows up during alien raids in that building. Don't be discouraged, give it a few goes and you will find one or two.
Second note: The only 'decent' reason to do peaceful raids is for the purpose of obtaining these mind-shields, or training involving mind-shields (they need to be worn into like 5 missions to max-out their psi-defence). Doing a peaceful raid just to get money means you are less of a person.
Third note: Don't even injure one of the Megapol guards. Being at war with Megapol seriously sucks!!

Good luck, and let me know when you have successfully done this. I personally can confirm this is in the game (I was a bit suspect when I first heard about it, too).
Old June 7, 2002, 10:51   #95
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 19:21
Thats evil and anyone who exploits it hasn't really won the game )))
Old June 7, 2002, 15:13   #96
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Skanky Burns: Just a couple questions about the strategy...
1. Which Megapol build is best to raid?
2. What if the Megapol people get injured in friendly fire? Does that count as if you injured them?
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 8, 2002, 00:10   #97
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

1. Any, really. They are all the same generally.
2. If they get injured, by whatever source, there will be a state of war between you and Megapol. A simple solution is to not bring any weapons with you. Just stun guns and mind control thingies.
Old June 8, 2002, 00:14   #98
Apocalypse
Emperor

I was just worried that in an arms factory, Megapol might get off a few shoots before I could stun them, which could lead to some problems with explosives.
Old June 8, 2002, 02:47   #99
Raion
Prince

I went to the Senate building, of course, I was new at this, but no one got hurt. I needed some weapons, so I stunned them, and got some plasma guns and other ammo, but then the Senate was not allied anymore, but was down one to -- friendly!
You may lose brownie points with them.
But since the weapons are not in the inventory to buy, a few plasma guns and ammo never hurts!
They just walked around, but since I went there to see if I could get a scientist that could not get to the XCOM building since some other companies were mad at me, I tried to pick her up.
That does not work, though, but you can pick up agents if the tube system or the taxi system is not working for you.
But then I thought I start another game, -- just trying things out to see how the game really works.
Works great!
Old June 8, 2002, 04:36   #100
Skanky Burns

Quote:
I was just worried that in an arms factory, Megapol might get off a few shoots before I could stun them, which could lead to some problems with explosives.
Nah, if you don't fire a shot, neither will they. Stun them, they will still just walk around and be docile.
Old June 8, 2002, 09:21   #101
Skanky Burns

Mistake made previously!

You get the mind-shield at Marsec, NOT Megapol!!

I couldn't quite remember just which it was, so I decided to reinstall XCom and try it myself. Luck was with me, as my very second 'battle' gained me a mind shield. And the first battle was against the aliens.

Attached is my save-game, about 12:45 pm on the very first day, hard difficulty. In my base inventory you will find the mind shield.

Any ideas on how to get a screenie of inside the game, alt-printscrn doesn't work in dos games apparently.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip savegame.zip (379.6 KB, 1 views)
Old June 8, 2002, 11:01   #102
Apocalypse
Emperor

Thanks man.

In related news, the Jagged Alliance franchise was bought. Maybe JA3 will be in production once again.
Old June 8, 2002, 13:20   #103
Urban Ranger
Deity

Skanky,

You need a TSR screen capture program.
Old June 8, 2002, 22:35   #104
Skanky Burns

Thanks, but too much effort for the result.
The savegame above should be enough proof.
Old June 9, 2002, 05:16   #105
Urban Ranger
Deity

You're a bad, cheesy, cheating player
Old June 9, 2002, 22:57   #106
Skanky Burns

You're wrong.
Im a good, cheesy, cheating player
Old June 12, 2002, 13:14   #107
Raion
Prince

That's part of why those games are good! The hidden play value. I wonder if you have to have the Windows - Properties allowing that shortcut key option to save a screen in XCOM, then it would be put in the clipboard!

But, then it is a ms-dos game, which took three years to write due to funding and other problems!

Some links and a review describing what was intended by the programmers, but then the publishers come up with their own ideas!

Tis a shame!
http://www.codogames.com/XCOMApocalypse.htm

http://www.dwcs.net/xcom3/

http://digilander.iol.it/robyrobo/Products/index.html

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/pc/410scifi.htm

The shorcut properties sheet that starts the game!
But then the new one should work in Windows xx.

One could play that game, and never know about mind shields -- Thanks!

Sneaky, sneaking around, like the aliens!