Old January 16, 2003, 06:58   #31
coyotetw
Settler

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks Marauder34 for the advice. I tried everything you said but still end up with Error 13. So I guess in the mean time I will stick with Civ 3 and see what infogrames has to tell me. If infogrames has any good suggestions I will post them. Enjoy PTW!

coyotetw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2003, 00:05   #32
Marauder34
Settler

One thing Coyote...

Did you install PTW like I said, and restart the computer (no installing the patch). I can play without the patch if I restart immediately after installing the game from the cd (NO PATCH). I have not gotten the patch to work yet, but I can play PTW at least.
Marauder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2003, 04:37   #33
coyotetw
Settler

Hi Marauder34

I did everything exactly as you said. Still go this error 13 thing. Anyway enjoy PTW. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old January 21, 2003, 00:04   #34
coyotetw
Settler

Hi everyone

I finally got some words from infogrames. They have solved my problem and I am now able to play PTW. Here is what they said

We've seen that kind of problem on systems with too many fonts, or a particular font that conflicts with our program. First, reduce the number of fonts on your system to 200 or less. That done, use your Fonts control panel to look for all of the fonts labeled Lucida, and remove them from the font folder. It isn't necessary that you delete those fonts, but they must
be removed from the font folder. Next, make a copy of all of the fonts in the Civ 3 folder, and copy them to the font folder.

I am gonna enjoy PTW after 2 weeks of waiting.
Old January 21, 2003, 02:09   #35
Marauder34
Settler

Is that with the patch installed too? Or does it just work without patch?
Marauder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2003, 06:34   #36
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by coyotetw

We've seen that kind of problem on systems with too many fonts, or a particular font that conflicts with our program. First, reduce the number of fonts on your system to 200 or less. That done, use your Fonts control panel to look for all of the fonts labeled Lucida, and remove them from the font folder. It isn't necessary that you delete those fonts, but they must
be removed from the font folder. Next, make a copy of all of the fonts in the Civ 3 folder, and copy them to the font folder.

So am I, but after 7 weeks, and buying a new OS ! I can't believe it could be so simple.

Congratulations to everyone !
(Apart from Firaxis/IG for letting it run so long and making the problem in the first place, but then the did say clearly how tho fix it so... doh )

-jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2003, 23:31   #37
coyotetw
Settler

Hi Marauder34

I did it without the patch. However, I installed the patch afterward everything runs smoothly. I assume that having the patch installed before making adjustments should have no problem
Old February 25, 2003, 16:09   #38
jungwirsch
Settler

WHY IS THIS BUG STILL NOT MENTIONED IN THE BUG LIST STICKY???? I scanned the bug list, didn't find it, and thought I was the only one to have it. Only a completely unrelated search got me here now by accident.

It seems to be the LucidaSansRegular that's the culprit for Civ3. I don't have PTW, so can't say about those problems.
jungwirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 14:11   #39
Qilue
King

Local Time: 04:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by coyotetw
Hi everyone

I finally got some words from infogrames. They have solved my problem and I am now able to play PTW. Here is what they said

Forgive me for resurrecting such an old thread, but the quoted post fixed the "Error Loading Font (error 28)" issue I'd been having.