View Poll Results: Should we favor Accuracy or Uniqueness?
Always go for Accuracy, no matter if no one can identify with it! 12 30.77%
Go for accuracy but (check below) 5 12.82%
keep the Conquistador 5 12.82%
keep the Woad Warrior 4 10.26%
keep the Zealot 4 10.26%
Always go for uniqueness, no matter how historically stupid it may be! 1 2.56%
Go for uniqueness but (check below) 1 2.56%
get rid of the Conquistador 2 5.13%
get rid of the Woad Warrior 2 5.13%
get rid of the Zealot 3 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 12, 2001, 18:40   #1
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Extra Pack UUs - Accuracy vs. Uniqueness; Democratic Poll
The struggle in the Extra Pack threads about unique units grows. I tried to set a guiding line in the dispute. but I fear that I may have overstressed it and got growing resistance. I tended to go for the "Unique feeling", so more people could associate a UU with the respective Civ.
So I favored the historically incorrect "Conquistador" over the accurate "Tercio" because few people know what a tercio is. In other cases, the celts or hebrews for instance, I remained more neutral, but still I'll add them in the poll to see what people think about it. The outcome of the Poll will determine what pattern we use, accuracy or uniqueness.

The replacement for Conquistador would be the "Tercio".
The replacement for the Woad Warrior would be some horseman, maybe a warrior with another name.
The replacement for the Zealot could be the more neutral "Maccabee" (not really historical either), the slinger or some other unit yet to be discussed. (it should be an ancient hebrew unit preferably though) None proposed seems to be really "accurate" however...

Last edited by Wernazuma III; December 12, 2001 at 18:52.
Old December 14, 2001, 05:02   #2
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I see, the mobilization of of those who want accuracy is higher, so I guess other people don't care - that would make the decision easy.