Old December 13, 2001, 01:11   #1
Cavalier_13
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MOD question.....bug or just me
Well, I've been playing around in the civ3mod.bic and I think I have found something quite unforgiving if this is true.

I have been making it so that wonders would allow you to gain extra items to see if that would cause unbalancement.

I have noticed that any items that are added to a city via a wonder that is a prerequisite to a future city improvement causes the game to not see it as being built and does not allow you to build the other structure.

For example, I made the Great Library give a library in all cities, and once I have the advance to build universities, I can't build them since the city does not recognize me having it. It gains me the bonus of the library, but that's it.

This also applies to small wonders. I made it so that Cure for Cancer gives a hospital in all cities, and seeing as how I had 50 cities or so, I qualified for Battlefield Medicine, but the game doesn't recognize this and I can't build that small wonder.

The only way I found to get around this is to remove the prerequisite for the items in question, but that would make it easier for the civs to build them in general.......whether I have the wonder or another civ does. It makes gaining the wonders a bit more important.

You should all try it. Make Shakespear's Theater gain a Colleseum in every city....it really makes you WANT to build it....or capture it if need be.

But, anyone else notice the bug I speak of?

Cavalier