Old December 13, 2001, 03:08   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Punishment Sphere Bug
I've been investigating what you can do with a Punishment Sphere recently (I've tried giving Yang free ones just to see what would happen), but something is wrong. THEY HAVE NO EFFECT ON LABS WHATEVER!!

I've tried looking at a base's labs before and after the sphere - no difference. I've tried looking at overall production and tech costs - no difference. What the F*** is going on??
Old December 13, 2001, 07:31   #2
MariOne
King

Local Time: 20:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It's a known bug.
I never verified it firsthand as I never had the opportunity or convenience to use PuniSpheres (I'm aware of their application in a technique for going at war with FreeMarket).

But from what I heard about it, it's only a problem of figures *display* in the F2 screen. If you take note of the accumualted labs and compare the values from subsequent turns, you "should" (allegedly) be able to verify that the accumulated labs DO take into account indeed the correct figure WITH the PuniShperes effect