Old December 13, 2001, 20:15   #1
justjake73
Prince

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think I may see a war soon
The Indians and Egyptians shared their maps with me. They border each other and India is slightly smaller than Egypt. As far as I can see:

-Egypt has a colony smack dab on their border with the only Iron in the vicinity

- The only saltpeter is in Indian territory (I was fortunate to be alone in my area - I have one very secure source of Iron and three Saltpeter)

I think Egypt may come begging to me for Saltpeter soon - I'll offer it in trade but the terms will be "very beneficial" to me
Old December 13, 2001, 20:26   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And if their isn't a war soon, start one! That's a good thing, not a bad thing, if you smell what I'm cookin'.
Old December 13, 2001, 20:32   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

there is a story section for this kind of thread...

if Ming finds this thread instead of markos
Old December 13, 2001, 20:41   #4
justjake73
Prince

Quote:
And if their isn't a war soon, start one! That's a good thing, not a bad thing, if you smell what I'm cookin'.
Well, I'm a peacenik in these games -always have been. I build up a large force to throttle anybody who declares war on ME, but I follow T Roosevelts "speak softly and carry a big stick" philosophy.
Old December 13, 2001, 21:59   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Perhaps that's the very root of your problem. Whatever difficulty you're playing on, or maybe the Civs you're facing, it seems that maybe the AI isn't as aggressive as it could be. If like me you dominate them tech wise (not always in army size), then they stay meek and feeble unless I push first. Push comes to shove comes to global thermonuclear war. But if you stay peaceful, then there must be SOME incentive for someone to do something interesting, else you'll likely stay at peace and boredom until spaceship bits roll around. And does the fact that you're making a spaceship make the AI agro, like in SMAC?
Old December 13, 2001, 22:01   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

WHOOPS! BIG %@*$ up! Sorry, I was in the wrong forum! I was responding to the one about "no-war weariness".

D'oh!