Old June 19, 2000, 11:21   #1
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 18:23
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Civ3 ideas in Civ2
Sorry folks for starting this as a new topic, I couldn't find an appropriate thread to put this in.

There have been several threads in this forum of 'ideas' of making Civ3 more immersive historically (e.g., longer ancient or medieval period) and fixing the tech tree. Maybe some of you don't know that these can be done with Civ2. Case in point, I am playing the new 'Seed of Greatness' scenario as part of the Ancient Age series in Civ2. The game takes place from 3500bc to 1ad with the time interval going by slowly. As a bonus, the designer completely redesigned the tech tree to make it very comprehensive and accurate for that period.

My point is that these are some things people want in Civ3 (as a 'new' idea) that is already in Civ2. Civ3, like Civ2, should provide the basis for developing custom scenarios to take it wherever you want. Let's not introduce elements into the fundamentals of Civ3 that could compromise the flexibility of developing scenarios. In others words, keep Civ3 simple yet flexible.