Old December 15, 2001, 07:51   #1
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 20:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Community update
By Locutus

It's been a while since the last news-item (and we all know why) but its time to lift the radio silence. Here's a little update about what has been going on in the CtP2 Community over the last few weeks:

• The Cradle of Civilization mod by hexagonian has over time become one of the most important mods for CtP2. Its most important features include (from the main readme): a stretched out ancient age, about 57 new techs, 6 new governments, 17 new wonders, 30 new units, 11 so-called 'Wonder Units', 17 new city improvements and lots and lots of text file tweaks and SLIC code. But most important of all is that it has an excellent AI and is very challenging to play. In short: a must-have for every CtP2 player! Cradle is still actively being developed and (usually minor) updates are being posted frequently, the most recent one just a few days ago (10 December). You can read more about it on the forums and download it at The Land of Hexagonia.
  • It was long awaited but a few weeks ago the moment was finally there: WesW has released the (text portion of) the MedMod II v2.0 Crusade! Public Release. It is uncertain if Wes will release any further (mayor) updates for the mod in the future so this could very well be the final version of the legendary MedMod. Due to some technical problems the full version (with graphics and all) has not yet been posted on Wes's website but this will probably happen soon. Until then you can download the text files at the forums.
  • Due to Dale's retirement from CtP2 modmaking, the Diplomod's development had been halted for several months. However, a while ago player1 decided to pick it up where Dale left off and continued to improve it even further. Thanks to the efforts of him and Martin Gühmann the Improved Diplomod v1.2 can be downloaded at the forums.
  • The German Apolytoner FRITZ recently announced in the forums that he has completed a new scenario. It is called 'The Seven Year War' (in German: "Der Siebenjährige Krieg") and is about Friedrich the Great and (surprise, surprise) the Seven Year War. For now only a German version is available but FRITZ said he's still working on an English version. The scenario can be downloaded from his homepage.
Old December 15, 2001, 08:46   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 19:32
[monty python mode]
We're not... quite.... dead yet.
[/mpm]

Thanks for the update Markos and Locutus
Old December 15, 2001, 22:02   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Yeah, we're still alive and kicking... (with me doing most of the kicking - in the direction of Markos's butt )
Old December 18, 2001, 11:15   #4
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 18:32
What's this no merry Christmas or happy new year

nice to have some one put something there. I got fed up of seeing city mod.
Old December 18, 2001, 13:54   #5
Ekmek
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
Database problem. I want to try out some of the files on the mods page and I'm getting a internal 500 error about the download.
Old December 18, 2001, 17:10   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Well, Big Mac , at the time of posting it was a little early for Christmas, esp. if you're Dutch like me: we have a holiday in early December called (translated to English) Santa Clause that was just over at the time of writing - yeah that's right, we have 2 Santa Clauses
Also, not everyone on Poly is a Christian so not everyone actually celebrates Christmas; since I know many such people (both IRL and here - including myself), I tend to only give those wishes to people of whom I actually know they celebrate it. Don't worry though: I hereby wish you and all other Christmas-celebrating Apolytoners a merry and 'plentyful' Christmas and everyone else an (early) Happy New Year and/or Happy Whatever-Other-Holidays-You-Celebrate

BTW, now we're on the subject: next week (starting Friday) I'm gonna be on vacation (if there's anyone from Tenerife here: prepare to leave town in a hurry, I can't guarantee you're safety while I'm there ) so I won't be available for anything (maybe I'll try to find a cybercafe some time but that kind of defeats the purpose of being on vacation ). So if it turns out the world is about to end and only my SLIC code can safe us all: tough luck and see you in hell

Yeah, that city mod was starting to bore me as well, that was really the only reason to get Markos to post something new. Don't tell Martin though

E,
Yes, there is a database problem, Markos is working on it. In the meantime, post what files you need and if you're lucky someone will be able to email them to you/give you an alternative site to download it from.
Old December 19, 2001, 08:45   #7
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

What did you call me a big mac

well that's it Locutus queen of the collective enough have had enough of you.

your slic saving the world what's that about . yes you will see me in hell yes looking down from haven with a cheesy grin on my face.

I have a question for you then if apolyton is not going to say happy Christmas what's with the hats

Old December 19, 2001, 11:50   #8
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Keep the smilies' ears warm I guess
Old December 19, 2001, 12:40   #9
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Immprtal Wombat
Keep the smilies' ears warm I guess

And I thought the CityMod thing, was the best thing that could be there.

And I thought I send MarkG something new to post some mounths ago. Maybe the *.zip file was to small to notice it. Maybe I should send him the stuff again.

By the way that's a nice thread to get something boring.

-Martin
Old December 19, 2001, 15:59   #10
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Mc
What did you call me a big mac

well that's it Locutus queen of the collective enough have had enough of you.

your slic saving the world what's that about . yes you will see me in hell yes looking down from haven with a cheesy grin on my face.

Well, Big McChicken, since all the interesting people seem to be going to hell, I'll be looking up to you in heaven with an even cheesier grin on my face

Quote:
I have a question for you then if apolyton is not going to say happy Christmas what's with the hats
Well, isn't it obvious? Those smilies you mentioned are Christians while the smilies are atheists, agnosticists, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc (methinks is into that New Age stuff). Smilies have the right to religious freedom too, you know
Old December 20, 2001, 06:26   #11
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

so am I mc chicken now.

well locutos it's hot in hell which just means haven nice and toasty and will I am on a cloud with many butifull angels you will be in hell with a pitch fork up your butt.

I have a quote for you "resistance is futile" which means you should not call me names because I will just come and get you.

so why don't you just

the big mc ha ha ha

oh and happy holidays
Old December 20, 2001, 09:38   #12
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Old December 20, 2001, 11:34   #13
Ekmek
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
BTW, now we're on the subject: next week (starting Friday) I'm gonna be on vacation (if there's anyone from Tenerife here: prepare to leave town in a hurry, I can't guarantee you're safety while I'm there ) so I won't be available for anything (maybe I'll try to find a cybercafe some time but that kind of defeats the purpose of being on vacation ). So if it turns out the world is about to end and only my SLIC code can safe us all: tough luck and see you in hell

E,
Yes, there is a database problem, Markos is working on it. In the meantime, post what files you need and if you're lucky someone will be able to email them to you/give you an alternative site to download it from.
LOcutus thanks for the info. I too will be in Tenerife (playas las Americas) from 28 December until 1 January. Never been there before, but most of the hotels are booked so I see that as a good sign. I hope the women's AI is on drunken frenzy
Old December 20, 2001, 15:37   #14
Locutus
Deity

Oh, ok, McBacon (boy, you must regret picking that handle ), I'll : but only because I'm so happy about going on vacation in a couple of hours
BTW, methinks all the 'interesting' women will be going to hell as well so I'm not too worried

That's cool, E, then you can inspect the damage after I'm gone IIRC I'll be leaving the day you arrive (could be a day earlier or later, I'm horrible with dates). Heh, maybe we'll even bump into each other on the airport without knowing it Playas de las Americas? You were lucky to get a hotel room at all! (or did you book three years in advance? ) We weren't successful in finding one (or at least not one that suited our preferences). I'll be in a suburb just south-west of Playas de las Americas, on walking distance (IIRC it's called Alejos, something similar anyway). I've never been there before either. LOL, yeah, frenzy would be good

Last edited by Locutus; December 20, 2001 at 15:54.
Old December 21, 2001, 07:40   #15
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

CHAMPION
Old December 23, 2001, 22:46   #16
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 15:32
I am getting error messages when tring to download CTP2 files! Mark, could you take a look at it.
-Jean Rostand