Old December 15, 2001, 16:39   #1
XPav
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Fear the Food of the French! - Succession Game
1 4000 Emperor XPav leads the French people into civilization with a burning desire to expose other cultures and peoples to the distinct cuisine that his chefs have been creating. He looks around, decided that his people are in a decent spot, and founds the city of Paris on the banks of the Seine.

He then decides that discovery pottery would be a good idea, as water keeps leaking out the bottom of the reed baskets.

2 3950 The French workers run over to some nearby wheat fields and start making a road
3 3900 Emperor XPav explores his belly button.
4 3850 The road is done! After thinking about it, Emperor XPav decides that as a true chef, he doesn't need money, and should have irrigated in the first place. He does that now.
5 3800 Emperor XPav has extracted lint from his belly button.
6 3750 The irrigation is done. Emperor XPav orders more!
7 3700
8 3650 The first brigade of armed chefs has been established to protect the city of Paris -- another brigade has been ordered so they may explore our lands looking for find ingredients.
9 3600 Even more irrigation is done! More! More people!
10 3550
11 3500 Emperor XPav goes irrigation-happy
12 3450 The second armed chef brigade is done, and Emperor XPav sends it off to investigate the settlement to the north
13 3400 The Seljuk people to the north liked our food, and have decided to become apprentice chefs. They join the exploration forces.
14 3350 MORE IRRIGATION! MUST HAVE MORE!
15 3300 Ok, now we have too many people and the citizens of Paris are upset. Maybe we should have made more mines.
16 3250 The last irrigation has been completed.
17 3200 Emperor XPav starts making mines.
18 3150 Emperor XPav resumes his bellybutton exploration
19 3100 The chef-scouts report a great jungle to the north
20 3050 Emperor XPav falls over dead, after extracting too much belly button lint.

The world in 3000BC:

Emperor XPav will be known for his love of irrigation. The French hope his successor will be a little better at worker allocation. :-)

Tarquinius, you're up!
Old December 15, 2001, 16:40   #2
XPav
Chieftain

Save games would help too. The madness of irrigation has caused my mind to slip.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 3000.zip (62.1 KB, 5 views)
Old December 15, 2001, 17:06   #3
MagicBacon
Settler

Local Time: 13:32
Just a reminder: We dont need to irrigate yet, mine those squares. The only squares you need to irrigate are plains. Irrigation dosent do anything till monarchy
Old December 15, 2001, 18:17   #4
Casaubon
Settler

crazy water-boy... I liked the 3300 BC annotation, which so closely followed the Great Irrigation Edict of 3350 BC...
Old December 15, 2001, 19:48   #5
XPav
Chieftain

Err.... the spirit of Emperor Xpav says that he was stocking up money for a rainy day -- it was a long term strategy! No really!
Old December 15, 2001, 20:58   #6
GeorgeWang
Settler

Local Time: 10:32
Despotism just decreases food and shields in each tile by 1 if its over 2. So at least the two wheat irrigations are useful. And of course there is a mine.

Is the capital on a river? I can't tell from the picture.

Our location looks pretty decent. TWO wheat tiles. WooHoo! And a possible city location below with a cattle AND a game.
Old December 16, 2001, 08:39   #7
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 19:32
3000 BC The reign of Tarquinius Magnus begins!
Tarquinius decides to build some roads, his drowning in all the water. Our warriors continue the exploration work.
2950 BC Paris produces a settler. Now we can make our cuisine even more famous by founding a new city! The emperor wants another settler to be built in Paris.
2900 BC Our warrior visits a strange hut. But it was a trap, three babarian warriors surround our warrior! But our warrior defeated all three of them and became elite without losing a hitpoint.
2850 BC We discovered pottery. Now we are going to discover "ceremonial burials"
We discovered the English! They are in the north, beyond the jungle. Tarquinius offers them Masonry for Warrior Code and 12 gold. They accept.
2800 BC Nothing important happened
2750 BC English capitol of London sighted. It is near a river.
2710 BC The elite warrior finds maps in a hut. He is going to search in another hut soon.
2670 BC Orleans is founded! It is located near the northern jungle, in some fertile grassland. It is going to build a warrior.
The worker is going to connect Orleans to Paris. Settler is built in Paris. The emperor orders another one.
The people love Tarquinius' deeds, and masons all over the country start working on the palace!
2630 BC Nothing happens
2590 BC Our conscript warrior finds a deserted village. He is ambushed by a babarian warrior and dies!
2550 BC Our elite warrior encounters babarians again. He defeats them all but loses one hitpoint.
2510 BC Orleans builds a warrior. It must build a settler next.
2470 BC Lyons is founded. It is going to build a warrior.
2430 BC Nothing of importance occured.
2390 BC We can build temples now! We are going to observe a strong metal next.
2350 BC A babarian is defeated by our elite warrior. A settler is produced by Paris. A worker is up next.
2310 BC The Huns give us a skilled warrior. Lyons has a warrior now. A temple is going to be built now
2270 BC This was a boring period, not worth mentioning.
2230 BC A babarian encampment in very fertile surroundings is found.
2190 BC Rheims is founded and a conscript warrior has been promoted to regular.
Pleased with this news, Tarquinius Magnus resigns and is going to be remembered for his love of expansion.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip frenchies!.zip (70.7 KB, 2 views)
Old December 16, 2001, 08:42   #8
Tarquinius
Prince

I really loved our starting position, Paris produces a LOT of food, and is on a river so it generates a lot of trade as well. The English have invented Bronze Working, but they don't have Ceremonial Burial. They are catious toward us again.

Magic Bacon: you are up next!
Old December 16, 2001, 21:48   #9
MagicBacon
Settler

Local Time: 13:32
2150 BC: The decadent and hedonistic rule of Magicbacon I begins. A french warrior kills a barbarian raiding party
2110 BC: The same warrrior kills another barbarian party
2070 BC: Warrior raids 25 gold from a barbarian encampment
2030 BC: The birth rate increases greatly as boredom ensues across the empire
1990 BC: Rheims starts on a temple to hold our many human sacrifices to our dark gods
1950 BC: Again, crippling waves of nothingness hits the empire
1910 BC: Our warrior kills another Baba
1870 BC: Orleans trains colonists, starts on a great granary
1830 BC: The art of shaping bronze is discovered, and we focus our attentions on manipulating a stronger metal, Iron. Our warrior raids a village for 25 gold.
1790 BC: Nuttin
1750 BC: Tours Founded
1725 BC: Paris trains colonists, starts on a temple
1700 BC: A tribal people provide us with a band of their finest warriors.
1675 BC: *Snore*
1650 BC: Ditto
1625 BC: A barbarian people provide us with information of the surrounding lands
1600 BC: Marseilles founded
1575 BC: "Exhort" citizens using "alternative motivation" to finish "temple"
1550 BC: After killing so many people, Emperor takes a holiday
1525 BC: As the emperor nears the end of his reign, he spontaneously combusts and makes a huge mess on the palace floor.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip frenchies!.zip (80.9 KB, 4 views)
Old December 17, 2001, 16:15   #10
XPav
Chieftain

If you guys got pictures, email em to me at alex@pavloff.net, and I'll put em up on the web at www.pavloff.net/civ/

And LordLynch64 - you're up!
Old December 19, 2001, 20:05   #11
Casaubon
Settler

If LordLynch64 doesn't post within a few hours, shall I go ahead, then?
Old December 20, 2001, 10:02   #12
Casaubon
Settler

Since we went 72+ hours without LordLynch64, I went ahead and played.

I'll post the results/zipfile in an hour or two over lunch.

I apologize in advance for taking 22 turns -- it was out of
ineptitude, not greed. On turn 19, I accidently hit "next turn"
instead of "build city" - sigh. So, I took an extra turn to get
another city built on turn 21 (it would have been built on 20...).

Then, when I went to hit the histogram button (you know,
D/E/P/H in the lower right), I missed slightly to the right and the
turn advanced I think I'll go back to keyboard shortcuts.

I hadn't been regularly saving the game, so I couldn't
rollback/undo my screw up. Sorry...
Old December 20, 2001, 12:05   #13
Casaubon
Settler

Casaubon I (1525bc-975bc)

0 1525bc - Casaubon I surveys the scene as left by predecessor; contacts the English, who refuse to share secrets of The Wheel. Our Science slider set at 80%. To the north are the English, and we are separated by a narrow strip of land. Going to try to blockade in order to slow their southern expansion (unless they are strong swimmers). The west consists of a variety of terrain, and a vast source of dyes is seen near a native tribe's encampment. Uncertain of its inhabitants, and without a strong expeditionary force, we are proceeding cautiously. The south remains largely unexplored - going to direct someone there shortly. The study of Iron Working is coming along nicely, to be completed in approximately 8 seasons. Marseilles was redirected to produce a worker to assist in road building.

1 1500bc - Tours produced spearman, set to worker; Orleans switched to barracks from granary. One worker extending road south from Lyons. Another heads west from Rheims to Marseille

2 1475bc - Barbarian boat spotted off the shores of Lyons. That may hamper southern progress...

3 1450bc - Exploring; bought the secrets of The Wheel from England's Elizabeth for 134gold +1 gold/turn. Our trading envoy noted they have three cities in addition to their capital, and also have access to something known as silk. As our scientist go over the English notes, they suddenly realize their are horses on our continent, far to the west of Tours, nearly 10 seasons travel from our capital

4 1425bc - Lyons completes a temple, work immediately begins on a new settlement party, as the population is bursting this tiny village. Rheims completes a spearman, and work begins on a settler as well, intended to populate the land to the west. Our southern explorer spies native village to the southeast as he travels

5 1400bc - Wonderful news arrives in Paris -- our intrepid southern expedition party has been taught the secrets of Mysticism by a friendly Phoenician tribe.

6 1375bc - Tours produces a worker; work begins on another spearman to send west as we expand. Marseilles also produces a worker, andbegins building a spearman. Garrisoning troops finally reach Marseilles from Rheims, and the road joining the two will be completed shortly. A worker begins a road from Tours to Orleans. Reinforcements reach our western explorer party, and together they prepare to investigate the native village. Anticipation in Paris is high, as our scholars feel they are on the verge a major discovery!

7 1350bc - Paris completes its temple, and begins building a settler to send out into the southern desert.

Our scholars have discovered Iron Working! The contemplate learning more about he horses, and what they can be used for, but conclude that it will be some time before we can actually bring them to Paris with ease, so instead direct energies towards learning how to Write. We direct a full 70% of our resources to this effort. Surveying the map, we identify two deposits of Iron: one is in the hills south of Lyons, but it will be some time before our empire can utilize it. Another is far to the west, but perhaps attainable. We also note the presence of some iron within the northern reaches of the English "empire", but they are still unaware of its presence.

On another note, our southern expedition stumbled along a strange-tongued, blue-clad, warrior, known as a "German". He appeared to be very experienced in battle, but otherwise not very developed. Their leader Bismark seemed annoyed to run across us, but his mood lightened when he discovered the extent of our scientific prowess. He begged us to teach him of the secrets of Alphabet, Pottery, Iron Working, and Mysticism.
Not wanting to relent our newly-discovered secrets quite yet, we placated Bismark with the knowledge of Pottery, for 65 gold bars. We also noted his empire consisted of a capital and four border villages. He is cautious towards us - and we yearn to locate his empire.

Happy day -- apparently, another sect of the Phoenicians had long-ago tamed the horses to their south. Upon entering their village,.... they taught our western expedition the secrets of Horseback Riding!

8 1325bc - Orleans completes its barracks, and work begins on training a veteran spearman to protect and serve. The Rheims-Marsilles trade route is completed. A quick check of the English indicates they still have yet to discover Horse and Iron, and they remain the same size. They are very polite to our envoy.

9 1300bc - The northern edge of the German empire is finally located; the land beyond it appears to be a fertile area. Half of our empire is producing settlers, the other half, spearmen, to accompany them as they set out. Every town is currently garrisoned, and our citizens are happy and productive in their security.

10 1275bc - Lyons produces a settler, begins work on a granary. Paris receives word that the Germans are building The Pyramids. Of more immediate concern is the barbarian horseman that appears from nowhere outside of Tours. Although no improvements or workers are in immediate danger, the spearman in Tours charges into the surrounding woods and defeats the invader. Not without cost, though, as he limps back into town, seriously wounded. Our southern expedition climbs a hill to get a better look at the burgeoning German empire, but only sees undeveloped grasslands and a scattering of German workers.

11 1250bc - Another barbarian warrior is seen approaching Tours! It is uncertain whether our wounded spearman can withstand another assault. Rheims completes a settlement party, and begins work on a Great Wonder - The Colossus. The western force heads back to French territory to disperse the barbarian encampment that must exist somewhere...

12 1225bc - Worker completes road between Orleans and Tours, and begins a mine north of Orleans. Another worker connects Orleans and Marseilles. All towns are now connected by roads, with one exception... the newly founded town of Chartres in the hills south of Lyons.

Although currently landlocked, surveyors conclude that Lyons can quickly grow and reach both coastal and fertile plains areas. A vast iron deposit lays within easily within its borders, soon to be reached by industrious French laborers. Casaubon I vows that iron will be worked in Paris before his reign ends... Work begins immediately on a warrior to garrison this border town. Although stronger and more versatile, spearmen will simply take too long to train, and this town is dangerously exposed in the untamed wilderness, particularly with the evidence of barbarians ships off the coast... a worker near Marseilles begins a mine to boost that town's lagging production.

13 1200 bc - Our spearman in Tours successfully thwarts the barbarian advances, hopefully gaining time for our western reinforcements to return. Paris completes a settler, and mulls over what direction in which to send this new expedition. A vast desert lies to the southwest, but is quickly reachable. A forest blankets the narrow strip of land between the English and French empires. That might prove a strategic chokepoint for future endeavors, but it will be a challenge to construct roads and settle it properly. And then there is the vast wilderness to the west... In the meantime, another barracks is begun in Paris to complement the training center in Orleans. Our people are happy and expand our cave by adding a lawn.
Hmm... the Germans have been expanding northward in rapid fashion. The town of Munich has been founded just to the southwest of where Chartres lays. Munich lies in a wide plain, however, easily irrigated by the river adjoining the town. Although we don't know where, the Germans have added a sixth city, Frankfurt, to it empire. German expansion seems to be a much greater threat to our empire at this time than the more slowly expanding English. To-date, our scouts have not noticed any English intrusion below the Northern Forest. Our Parisian settler heads south. Another worker heads to the south of Paris to begin the laborious effort of bringing water to the desert.

14 1175bc - Worker near Chartres begins work on a road to bring Iron to our empire. We are told it will be complete in three seasons!

15 1150bc - Western expedition must be getting closer to the barbarian encampment as they are met by a nomadic horseman. Our conscript warrior joins battle and easily defeats the barbarian, becoming a regular warrior in the process.

16 1125bc - Tours completes a spearman, begins work on a temple, and concentrates on collecting food for growth. The encampment of barbarians is within sight of the western expedition. A spearman heads south of Tours to accompany the Parisian settler.

17 1100bc - IRON brought to Paris! -- Orleans completes a spearman, and begins work on a settler to populate the northern forest, perhaps. Chartres completes a warrior to garrison the town and begins work on a temple to slow the northern expansion of the german culture. A worker near rheims begins irrigation to support its stagnant population growth. The town is a good production center, but needs a jumpstart. Our western force disperses an Alemanni camp, collecting 25 gold. This will hopefully make our western expansion somewhat safer. Marseille switches construction to a swordsman in order to take advantage of our newly-available resource.

18 1075bc - The Germans continue to explore the southern/western fringes of our empire. We are certain they are planning new settlements. Our two settlers near their building locations. One, to the west of Tours, is near a river. The other, to the west of Chartres, will hopefully block northern expansion by the Germans, who continue to grow, having added the town of Heidelburg recently.

19 1050bc - Orleans falls into civil unrest without warning. Having grown too fast, it is in the unfortunate position of lacking the organization to complete the settlement party that was underway. Entertainment is provided, to appease the population, with the hope that the order will soon return. The town of Avignon is founded in a floodplain, amid swaying wheat fields. Our southern explorer scales a tall mountain in the midst of the developing German empire. He begins to understand its rapid expansion. Several towns within his purview have easy access of fresh water (rivers and lakes), and lush grasslands abound to fuel their rapid expansion to the north.

20 1025bc - grr... accidentally skips turn instead of building city on last turn

21 1000bc -- Our capital is notified that the English are building the Colossus, but we have not attempted to locate where. The town of Besancon is founded on the southern edge of the desert. Temple construction is begun immediately, and workers are sent south to build roads connecting the two new cities of Avignon and Besancon to the rest of the empire.

22 975bc grr - sorry! accidentally skips turn instead of hitting the histogram button... Resigns in disgrace to make way for a more capable ruler with better dexterity...

As he bows out, Casaubon I looks back over his reign with a degree of satisfaction, but some hesitation and several concerns for the future... ah, but the time has come for another to bear that burden.

George Wang -- you're up, and good luck!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip frenchies! - 975 bc.zip (93.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Casaubon; December 20, 2001 at 12:11.
Old December 20, 2001, 12:09   #14
Casaubon
Settler

State of the known world in 975BC...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	frenchies!-975bc.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	7972  
Old December 20, 2001, 12:38   #15
XPav
Chieftain

Looking good!

I think we had better colonize to the west as much as possible -- we don't want to let the Germans and English go that way.

I'd be amusing if someone tries to plop a city down in the middle of that big fat desert,
Old December 20, 2001, 14:38   #16
Casaubon
Settler

I agree, particularly since we only have potential direct access to one luxury good at this time (dyes). I think if we can block off the english to the north, and the Germans at Avignon, we should be able to colonize the west mostly for ourselves (until the galleys come from other lands...). If nothing else, we can use a couple of warrior/settlers to block easy access here and there...

Supposedly, the changes with patch 1.16f will make it less likely for the AI to drop a city in the midst of a 'culturally defined area.' That's why I tried to press a perimeter on the other side of the desert (plus the AI tends to avoid those areas until last).

I'm really curious to see what is to our southeast (along the German empire), and if there are more resources (strategic/luxury) down that way.

Last edited by Casaubon; December 20, 2001 at 15:02.
Old December 20, 2001, 15:40   #17
GeorgeWang
Settler

Thus began the rule of Wang the First, later known throughout history as George the Tyrant.

1. 975 BC Seeing the woefully underdeveloped french cities, a pitiful military, Emperor Wang drew up what would later be known as the four-points plan.

- increase military ("Two divisions for every city!" cried the young despot.)
- build temples ("Let the people have places to gather so that they may worship me!" demanded the god-king)
- increase work force ("We need more workers!" lamented the cruel dictator
-build wonders ("Show the world our achievements")

Busy drawing up his plans, the emperor did little else those years, and so nothing of note occured.

2. 950 BC Emperor George was still busy drawing up flyers for the tenets of his new rule. Again, little of note occured.

3. 925 BC Emperor Wang began the first step towards the abyss. The Temple of Tours was rushed. Thousands died beneath the whip of the young god-king. The French people began to pray to the godking for mercy. However, it was not to be.

4. 900 BC Temple of Tours was completed. Barbarian horsemen were sighted near Avigon. An unit of warriors successfully defeated the infidels.

5. 875 BC The emperor began conscripting slaves for the granary of Paris.

6. 850 BC Granary of Paris was completed upon the backs of thousands of slaves. The emperor decided to begin work on swordsmen as the people of paris took a decidedly less favorable outlook upon their ruler. Slaves were conscripted at Orleans for work on the temple of that city.

Meanwhile scientists have discovered Writing. The emperor sent emissaries to England and Germany to form embassies, to better know our ... friends. With the newly discovered technology writing, the godking authored the first book of recorded history, "My way or the Highway." The scientists' next goal was to discover Literacy as the emperor discovered few among the masses could actually read his book.

7. 825 BC Temple of Orleans completed. Emperor Wang began the purge of Paris, executing thousands of dissidents while searching for loyal citizens to join his armies.

8. 800 BC The first guard of Paris was completed. Known as the Emperor's shield, they would be garrissoned to dissuade the unhappy people of Paris from revolting.

9. 775 BC The purge of Paris continues. Thousands who refuse to join the military died as the Emperor continues to "recruit" men from Paris. Meanwhile, near Avigon, another group of horsemen raiders fell beneath our brave warriors.

10. 750 BC Another of the Paris Guard (Swordsmen) was formed. These were sent to a neighboring city which was underguarded.

11. 730 BC The emperor continues the Purge of Paris. The death count rises over 50,000 under his tyrannical rule.

12. 710 BC A newly formed Paris Guard was sent to buttress the empire's defenses.

13. 690 BC The Purge of Paris continues.

14. 670 BC Another completed Paris Swordsmen marched to the understocked garrisons of neighboring cities. The success of the militarization of Paris led the Emperor to begin the militarization of Avigon. Few of the backs of the Avigon people are spared the whip as they completed the Granary.

15. 650 BC The emperor "inspires" the people of Marseilles to complete their temple with threats of violence. Then, for the heck of it, the emperor slaughters a few thousand Marseilles citizen. Meanwhile, the Purge of Paris continues.

16. 630 BC New Paris Swordsmen are sent to one of the frontier cities.

17. 610 BC The Purge of Paris continues. The Purge of Avigon begins.

18. 590 BC Warriors were lost to barbarian raiders near Avigon. A new swordsmen unit was completed in Paris and sent to a frontier town. The temple of Avigon was completed.

19. 570 BC A Paris Swordsman unit was sent to quell the raiding near Avigon. It will take many years before the unit reaches there however. Meanwhile, the Purge of Paris continues. The Avigon people were given a respite.

20. 550 BC A new swordsman unit from Paris was completed and sent to the border with Germany. The Purge of Avigon begins anew as thousands die to hurry the completion of a barracks. Meanwhile, out on the frontier, one of the many workers recruted under the Emperor was lost to raiders!

As the year 530 begins, dissidents from across the empire but especially Avigon and ESPECIALLY Paris overthrow the Emperor after a 425 yr reign. The emperor ran towards the borders, hoping to escape into Germany, but was caught by one of the many Paris Swordsmen he sent along that same route and summarily executed.

The emperor is dead. His funeral was short but sweet as thousands who have suffered and/or lost a loved one to his tyranny lined up to spit as his corpse was paraded throughout the empire. His spirit hopes that history will be a bit more forgiving.
Old December 20, 2001, 15:45   #18
GeorgeWang
Settler

Dang, it didn't post my saved game the first time.

I didn't do much expanding because I was trying to gear up so we could try to conquer the German and/or English early and our defenses were a bit "loose". As for the desert, it should be ok because our capital is right next to it and the land sucks, which will pretty much make any city they plop down there ours eventually. There are definitely barbarian encampments to the west so be careful.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip frenchies! - 530 bc.zip (103.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by GeorgeWang; December 20, 2001 at 21:59.
Old December 21, 2001, 00:24   #19
XPav
Chieftain

Emperor XPav the Second, a lowly irrigation engineer, comes to power when the prisoners in the dungeons of George the Tyrant are released. A simple man, espousing the doctrine of "make the water flow", he is quickly installed by the mob!

530 Emperor XPav attacks a barbarian horseman with a swordsmen, showing his prowess on the field of battle. Deciding to purse a path of peace (and eager to make the people happy), he tells everyone to get to the work of sweet-lovin', and prepares expeditions to the frontier.

510 The people of Paris revolt because of all the whipping The Evil One did. It is anticipated they will be upset for a long time.
Travelers from afar bring word that the 'Zulus' have finished some Pyramids. Upset, the beginnings of the Pyramids are converted into a temple.
490 Despot Elizabeth of the English gets pissed, saying we're on her turf. We were there first, but she build a city. Because we'd rather concentrate on the sweet love down by the fire, we agree to move back a bit.
470 Hurray! Horseyland founded! Emperor XPav eagerly awaits a pony.
450 The Germans send word that they have finished a temple. Writing having been discovered, The quarter-finished PyraOracle is decided to be converted into a library.
430 The people in Paris pissed again. Time to send people on a trip. Bismarck contacted, told to get the hell off our land. He agrees.
410 People are STILL pissed off... too many people in our cities with nothing to do but hump like rabbits. More expeditions started to get these people somewhere useful.
390 British found a city again! They're getting close. They will have to be dealt with sooner or later. Maybe when someone more warlike takes over. The road to the horsies is completed. Now Emperor XPav can finally have a pony, just like he always wanted. Roads started to the English & Germans so trade can be established. Maybe if the people of Paris get drunk, they'll stop being so annoying.
370 Emperor XPav agrees to a right of passage with the English so he can scout out their empire. He takes all their money & a worker in exchange for literature. We complete the colossus! It is a giant statue of XPav & his pony. Everyone loves it.
350 The people of Paris get pissed off again. Emperor XPav hate those people. Maybe George the Tyrant was right to whip them.
330-310 Emperor XPav rides his pony a lot, while overseeing public works project the empire over.
290 Our road to the Germans is done. We trade for wine & all their money in exchange for contact with the English & literature.
270-190 Workers are sent to build a road to the dyes reputed to be on the northwest side of the continent. Settlers are starting to be build, and send to the frontier to settle new cities.
170 Map making discovered. We trade with the English & Germans and find the extent of our continent. There isn't much room left, so many cities begin to make floaty things. The settlers will have to climb on the floaty things and go somewhere else to found new cities.
150 Rouen founded (to get a port on that sea) -- the frontier expands, and the next city should be close to the dyes in the jungle.

Emperor XPav falls off his pony. Badly hurt, he whips the people of Horseyland to make a temple to his greatness, then dies, a happy man. His beloved pony is buried in Horseyland with him.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip frenchies! - 130 bc.zip (117.0 KB, 3 views)
Old December 25, 2001, 07:52   #20
Tarquinius
Prince

Sorry guys, couldn't play the last few days, and can't do it the next few days neither . So please skip my turn for now...
Old January 10, 2002, 09:32   #21
Casaubon
Settler

hey guys - we picking this game back up?