Old December 17, 2001, 05:04   #1
johnc214
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cradle Mod Disaster Program
I'm enjoying the Cradle mod quite a bit, but I have an annoying problem. I haven't found this addressed so forgive me if this is a dup posting. I hope there's something we can do... about 20 turns ago I got a natural disaster of an earthquake in Washington (I added Americans to this mod, BTW) with the popup annoucement. Every turn since then, I get a message in the message window only (not a popup) saying something like "An earthquate at x,y nearestcity=Washington". I can't figure out how to stop it from saying that. I'm clicked on it, I've checked out Washington itself, everything. Can someone help?
Tx!
Old December 17, 2001, 08:27   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 19:37
Ooh, I never seen this one before Its always nice to have new bugs found in ones code...

I assume you have debugslic set to No?
Did the message give the correct text first time, or was it always wierd?

I just had a thought: that message shouldn't ever be seen, I think somehow you have had a test message activated. I will look at the code when I get home, and see about fixing it. For now, you can always open scen_str.txt and replace the message you are getting with (inside the " marks) something sensible like "rewert" or "noyon"
Old December 17, 2001, 12:54   #3
johnc214
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:37
The message for the first time I had the earthquake seemed to pop correctly, both the popup screen and in the message log. It's just been every turn since then the message log shows the bogus message, as if there's something I'm supposed to do to acknowledge the event? I've checked my DebugSlic and it is indeed set to "no". Let me know if you want any copies of my files (and which files) if you want to see if you can figure out what's going on. Any ideas would be great!

UPDATE: After about 20 or so turns, this message went away (at least for now!). Maybe it was a fluke but I'll repost if it happens again. THANKS!

Last edited by johnc214; December 17, 2001 at 13:35.
Old December 17, 2001, 13:31   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Home
I just went to check the files and realised I haven't downloaded the Cradle-adapted files, so I've no idea what hex has done with it Could you attatch CRA_ND_main.slc (or equivalent) and scen_str.txt please Thanks
Old December 17, 2001, 13:55   #5
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Ok, I found the message that you are having, and it is a test message that should by rights, not be there at all. Check that the lines:
Code:
//
//HandleEvent(BeginTurn)'ReportData' post {
//
//    if (player[0]==1) {
//          message(1, 'StartData');
//	  DisableTrigger('ReportData');
//    }  
//}
//
Have all the //s in place, and also, in fron of every other occurence of the line:
Code:
//          message(2, 'StartData');