Old December 19, 2001, 17:21   #31
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 19:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I really like this thread. Sort of explains some of my own questions. I tried to qonquer 3 iroquis cities which just kept defecting after a few turns. Finally managed to take them out fast enouh that they didn't have time to defect. But they had a small empire. There are still 3 other civs at the same continent of which two are too large to be taken with the same strategy. To complicate matters both civs have cities on other continents(small cities, mostly without culture)

If I somehow manage to conquer all their cities on my own continent, will they eventually defect when their minor cities develop some culture? Are there any warnings prior to a defection?
Old December 19, 2001, 17:47   #32
inca911
Warlord

Local Time: 18:37
Beginning of Turn vs. End of Turn?
Perhaps the reversion check is done at the beginning of the turn and not at the end of the turn. If so, then simply reloading the previous turn and performing different garrisonning actions wouldn't yield different results. Perhaps if you went back *two* turns you would not experience a cultural reversion in that city?
Old December 20, 2001, 09:23   #33
Grim Legacy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
I really like this thread. Sort of explains some of my own questions. I tried to qonquer 3 iroquis cities which just kept defecting after a few turns. Finally managed to take them out fast enouh that they didn't have time to defect. But they had a small empire. There are still 3 other civs at the same continent of which two are too large to be taken with the same strategy. To complicate matters both civs have cities on other continents(small cities, mostly without culture)

If I somehow manage to conquer all their cities on my own continent, will they eventually defect when their minor cities develop some culture? Are there any warnings prior to a defection?
I'd say defection in that case is indeed a possibility. After all, those cities you took probably generated a lot of culture already, even though their remaining cities don't generate so much anymore. As soon as they do, the chances of reversion increase. Exactly how likely reversion is, is anybody's guess.

And no, you get no warning.
Old December 20, 2001, 09:27   #34
Grim Legacy
Prince

Re: Beginning of Turn vs. End of Turn?
Quote:
Originally posted by inca911
Perhaps the reversion check is done at the beginning of the turn and not at the end of the turn. If so, then simply reloading the previous turn and performing different garrisonning actions wouldn't yield different results. Perhaps if you went back *two* turns you would not experience a cultural reversion in that city?
Well that could indeed account for part of the picture. However, you may note that I did more than going back a single turn. I tried more turns and more actions as well. I'll try to test your suggestion a bit, when I get the chance.