Old December 17, 2001, 14:37   #1
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 14:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
any need for scens converted to TOT
I have converted a number of scenarios to TOT, using Angelo Scottos converter. I understand from posts I have seen that some people have trouble using the converter, and it takes some time and effort for those who can use it. Would it makes sense to upload converted scens somewhere - like cradle of civ, for example? Im not sure what people think of the tradeoff of bandwidth for time saving content, but if the Cradle people (or anyone else with a suitable web site) think its a good idea, i'd be happy to contribute my converted scens.

LOTM
Old December 17, 2001, 15:49   #2
Marko
Prince

Local Time: 18:38
I have also converted many FW and MGE scenarios to ToT. The ToT AI is much better and it gives a whole new feeling to play the older scenarios.
Old December 17, 2001, 17:53   #3
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 10:38
Yes please! I haven't played any scenarios in a long time, because I've been too lazy to reinstall MGE and I've been too lazy to convert scenarios myself.
Old December 19, 2001, 09:44   #4
Gothmog
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 14:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Marko
I have also converted many FW and MGE scenarios to ToT. The ToT AI is much better and it gives a whole new feeling to play the older scenarios.
That's the first time I've heard that the ToT AI is much better. My impression was that it was the same as the MGE AI. However my ToT experience is limited to a few games. Please expand on your statement.
Old December 19, 2001, 12:24   #5
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 12:38
It is somewhat better. During it's development/release period, they discussed this on the forums. They "tweaked" the AI. What I notice is better coordination of attacking units, especially in the capture of cities. Air, naval and ground units seem to work together more efficiently. Otherwise, it seems pretty much the same.