Old December 19, 2001, 20:19   #1
Taian
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Problem with the Pyramids?
I'm curious whether anyone else has noticed this..

I'm playing as the Babylonians and I started near the Aztecs. Pump out a bunch of warriors and start laying into them. Luckily, I snagged a leader fairly early on and decided to rush the Pyramids rather than build an army. Once the Pyramids came in, all my cities got a granary like they're supposed to. However, all cities I've built or captured after that point have had the granary improvement in them, but do not get the benefits in the food box. They still require the normal amount of food to increase in size. It appears that they require an "action" to happen there before receiving the benefits of the granary (ie. growing in size, building a unit, etc). Has anyone else noticed this?
Old December 19, 2001, 21:35   #2
Rakso
Settler

Local Time: 18:45
Nope.

I conquered the Persian capital in another continent with both Sun Tzu's and the Pyramids.

Conquered the adjacent cities and all of them showed a Barracks and Granary when my Cavalry entered.
Old December 19, 2001, 23:03   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 12:45
The grannery "benefit" is when the food box is full, and the pop increases, the food box only empties half way. A new or conquered city starts with an empty food box.

So would you be happier if the empty food box had the midline break, and initially filled the bottom half from the bottom up (simulating the grannery fill) and then finished with the top half from the top down?

In any event the pop will not advance till the box is full. It's a matter of presentation vs content.

roadcage
Old December 20, 2001, 22:14   #4
Chuckles
King

Local Time: 10:45
I also was wondering about the granary thing at first.

Yes I would prefer to see the line first and the bottom half fill up first. I would find that more intuitive and cleaner over all.

Of course it is a very minor point...