Old December 20, 2001, 03:15   #1
John Paul Jones
Prince

Local Time: 18:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Slave Trade ?
I know when you capture workers you can offer them back to the AI and vice versa , but at what point does the AI start offering its own workers to you ? Can i start selling my workers as slaves too ??
Old December 20, 2001, 03:26   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:45
This is perverse. I like it.

You aren't a person out of your own time by any chance? It just seems that someone who came up with this would be more comfortable in an earlier century.

I haven't tried it, but I believe you can trade (sell) workers located in your capital. Move one of your workers there and see if you can get the bidding started.

Salve
Old December 20, 2001, 03:35   #3
John Paul Jones
Prince

Cheers I'll try that.

Nah...if i was to mull over the moral implications of every action i preformed in a game of civ i'd probably not play at all
Old December 20, 2001, 03:42   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yup. Just got an offer of 20 gold for a Barbarian Worker. Wait a minute... Only 17 gold for a Roman Worker?! Now I'm p*ssed off.

I play Romans d*mmit. Romans must be worth more than anyone else. After all, I play them don't I?

I have been personally insulted by the designers of this game! This is completely unrealistic! I mean I demand my money back! And until they give me my money back I am going to haunt these boards and say completely stupid and illinformed things about the designers and their game until they personally lick my boots. Yeah, lick my boots, I like that idea. Maybe I'll hold out for a personal satisfaction session with Sid himself! Yeah, that's it. I've been wronged. Where the h*ll is Sid! I demand satisfaction!

Keep thinking happy thoughts.
Old December 20, 2001, 04:06   #5
John Paul Jones
Prince

o...k
tried it - doesn't work for me , even with a trade route to their capital - maybe the option disapears at some point ?

how the heck did you get a barbarian worker anyway ?
Old December 20, 2001, 04:09   #6
notyoueither
Deity

Conquer city. Build Worker. Unless the city has grown and you convert one of your own to be the worker, any other civ's pop converted to worker will display as Barbarian.
Old December 20, 2001, 04:17   #7
notyoueither
Deity

PS.

I tried it in 1989. I don't think it disappears. I don't know if roads or Allainces affect it. Experiment, you'll see it.
Old December 20, 2001, 04:19   #8
John Paul Jones
Prince

okey dokey...i'll play around with it more l8r
thx for the info !
Old December 20, 2001, 04:32   #9
notyoueither
Deity

Yeah, OK.

But I'm still waiting for Sid.

Sid? Siid?