Old March 4, 2002, 18:10   #271
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 14:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, had a brief but heated discussion with Miriam. She doesn't seem to like me much - could be she holds a grudge over my wiping out her units at War Outpost!
Took out 2 Believer Probe Teams @ Morgan Processing, and I lost 2 Needlejets attacking various Believer units.
Also, for this campaign, the GEF is going to launch itself out of "People's Base" and take the high road to Miriam's lair!

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 4, 2002, 18:35   #272
SPasmofiT
Prince

Local Time: 20:50
I know you won't like it, but I suggest the use of nuclear weaponry on Miriam... let's face it... she deserves it ;-)

I can have 2-3 nukes on her core bases in 4-5 turns.
Old March 4, 2002, 19:09   #273
wgabrie
Prince

Okay, let's get her.
Old March 4, 2002, 19:53   #274
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Morgan Processing may fall: I took out 2 Believer Probe teams with my jet, and I'm blocking the river valley the Believers are using to sneak up on the base. On the other side of my fighter there are 2 assault infantry and another probe team. If my needlejet is taken out by Believer fighters, then that will open the way up for the Believer advance on the city, possibly mind controlling it. FYI. I also knocked out that Elite Believer infantry outside of Peoples Base.

My vote is: Nuke the b*tch!

-=Vel=-
Old March 4, 2002, 20:10   #275
SPasmofiT
Prince

I have miss-calculated. It will take me 9-10 turns to produce the devices, and another 1-2 to get them into place. (Those bases just outside het territory, on the islands, do come in handy).

She has a bunch of stuff (some 8-4-1s) comng up to the ex Spartan land. My troops just fell into an ambush.
Old March 4, 2002, 20:25   #276
wgabrie
Prince

turn to darsnan
Old March 4, 2002, 21:14   #277
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
New game - Teddy Bears' Picnic has started - see:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...343#post787734

(Well, you wanted a surprise .........)

Googlie
Old March 4, 2002, 21:19   #278
wgabrie
Prince

Quote:
from Teddy Bears' Picnic:
Zakharov has the Hunter=Seeker Algorithm
Old March 4, 2002, 21:42   #279
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
New game - Teddy Bears' Picnic has started - see:

(Well, you wanted a surprise .........)

Googlie
Should be interesting! However, I shudder to think how my kids will react when they ask me what I'm playing, and I say "Teddy Bears Picnic"!

Back to PHNC: took out 2 more Believer infantry south of "People's Base". The GEF will wait at the bunker in that position until it is determined at what level Miriam is to be dealt with, and proceed accordingly. We also note the Believer advance into Morganite territory. Because of this, the GEF Air Units working in this sector have moved their landing base further west, to ensure not being captured/ destroyed on the ground. We will continue to harass the Believer advance into Morganite territory.

Turn to the one possessing the uranium!

-=Vel=-
Old March 5, 2002, 05:46   #280
SPasmofiT
Prince

Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert!

Miriam is building nukes. At least one, in 20 turns, but she may hurry others. I suggest we all switch our production to SAM Aircraft / Attack Aicraft / Defenders / Nukes and stop building offensive stuff, since all of her bases will be sleeping with the fishes.

I also gave you 1-2 techs each, so we can be done with her quicky. If you accept, I espect simillar freebies back from you too.
Old March 5, 2002, 09:14   #281
wgabrie
Prince

Miriam is going to nuke us! Thanks SPasmofiT.

turn to darsnan
Old March 5, 2002, 09:21   #282
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

turn to Spasm.

Well, Miriam's got a LOT of targets to choose from. I'm sure she'll look for something close to home to targer first!

-=Vel=-
Old March 5, 2002, 11:11   #283
SPasmofiT
Prince

Those nukes are coming in slowly.
The problem is that a 13-1-24 bomber can barely destroy a 2-<4>-1 infantry. I tought I could win this with air power alone. It seem I have to go back and buid some old fashioned rovers and stuff.

The good news is that Choppers and Hovertanks are coming, right?
Old March 5, 2002, 11:26   #284
wgabrie
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by SPasmofiT
We're working on that. I think.
Old March 5, 2002, 12:03   #285
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:

well, actually, no. I don't seem to have those techs yet. I checked my workshop, and the chassis are not there. Can you send me the techs next turn?
Otherwise, I continue to kill Believer Infantry south of People's Base. I can do this all day, however advancing would probably be a problem.

Turn to the tech alden one.

-=Vel=-
Old March 5, 2002, 12:57   #286
SPasmofiT
Prince

I just gave you both chopper technology. I expect that wgabrie will share his sectrets as well.

Darsnan, attack with your army at the alien monument. The time si right.

When my nukes are ready 6-7 turns, I'll separate the believer continent in 2, so grab all that you can.
Old March 5, 2002, 19:25   #287
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
I just gave you both chopper technology. I expect that wgabrie will share his sectrets as well.

Darsnan, attack with your army at the alien monument. The time si right.

When my nukes are ready 6-7 turns, I'll separate the believer continent in 2, so grab all that you can.
Chopper production begun! Also, the GEF is on the move! We have also lended air support to the Hive's attack out of their territory: 1 Believer fighter, and 1 arty unit destroyed!

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 6, 2002, 11:36   #288
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The GEF is on the move: we will attack and take From On High in 2, maybe 3 Standard Turns, and then turn our attention towards Eternal Reward. Also, the GEF Air Wing has lent support to the Morganic push on Children of God: 2 Believer infantry killed, and another killed at the far side of Believer territory as well. However, reconnaisance reveals 5 more Believer infantry ( chaos guns, vets or better) are one turn away from Children of God. We suggest the battered Morganic spearhead pull back to a defensible position, and await the Believer's having to dilute their assault force to counter the GEF appearing in their rear.

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 6, 2002, 16:31   #289
SPasmofiT
Prince

Are the Gaians gone insane?! We have discussed this, and we all agreed. We were supposed to vote "YEA" on the UN charta proposal. Now I'm stuck with a nuke, and 2-3 more coming, and no target. Miriam will also get some in the next 10-13 turns.

Darsnan, I hope you have a good reason for this!

This all means that I have to go by hand, building hoertanks and choppers, aircraft and ships, and ruining my economy and having my proletariat killed over this...

I'll attack to the south, and try to capture/forty the small land brige connecting the believer continent with the rest of the world.
Old March 6, 2002, 16:58   #290
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Are the Gaians gone insane?! We have discussed this, and we all agreed. We were supposed to vote "YEA" on the UN charta proposal.

Darsnan, I hope you have a good reason for this!
Can you show me where we discussed repealing the U.N. Charter? I have retraced this thread, as well as our personal correspondence, and do not see anything that states we were going to repeal the charter. Regardless, I agree, I voted wrong. It was a reaction vote, first, because I hardly ever repeal the charter, and second, because of the person who proposed it. If it had been you Spasmofit who had proposed it, I would have voted "yes".
Regardless, I will start building nukes, and I will nuke Miriam, and suffer the consequences because of it. Does this help?

-=Vel=-
Old March 6, 2002, 17:11   #291
SPasmofiT
Prince

No. It will actually make things worse.
I suggest we put the past behind us, and get this done.

We'll get another chance at this in 20 turns, if i'm not mistaking.
Old March 6, 2002, 18:20   #292
wgabrie
Prince

This is all my fault for not informing Darsnan. You can blame me for this.

turn to darsnan
Old March 6, 2002, 18:48   #293
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by wgabrie
This is all my fault for not informing Darsnan. You can blame me for this.
Well then, 10 lashes with a wet, angry smiley!

Regardless, I have a brain, and even if I had just woken up, the implication should have been clear to vote yes.

So I'll give myself 10 lashes, too! I should capture the Believer base next turn. I will then start upgrading GEF units to Shards, and then launch my attack. I am also bringing down more units from the captured Spartan territory, which should carry my spearheads further. About the same time my choppers from the Home Army should arrive, too, and then I can do some real damage to Miriam!

-=Vel=-
Old March 7, 2002, 12:14   #294
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The Believer stronghold From On High has fallen. Also, our airwing took out 3 more Believer infantry at Children of God, and our jets are blocking the way for reinforcements.

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 7, 2002, 19:12   #295
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

I am upgrading the GEF units at From On High, and will be on the march shortly. Reconnassaince of Eternal Reward reveals an artillery unit there. FYI to all who are approaching it.
Also, in a side "Police Action", the last University city was taken in a surprise assault. Provost Zakarov has been captured and secured in Lady Deirdre's private Biology Lab.....

-=Vel=-
Old March 8, 2002, 03:19   #296
SPasmofiT
Prince

Seeing the masses of the enemy, I wish I could use my 2 brand new nukes! Anyway, we are almost there.

I'm preparing a sea invasion, to attack's Miriam's eastern coast. You 2 can argue as much as you like about base sharing/splitting on the weast coast!
Old March 8, 2002, 09:16   #297
wgabrie
Prince

turn to darsnan
Old March 8, 2002, 09:59   #298
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

on to spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 8, 2002, 14:37   #299
wgabrie
Prince

turn to darsnan
Old March 8, 2002, 14:54   #300
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Spasm wrote:
I wasn't fast enough at reseting my PC, and my boss caught me playing at work ;-)
This game is damaging my professional life!

what, I thought at the Hive this offense could land you in the Punishment Sphere!

on to Spasm.

-=Vel=-