Old February 14, 2002, 15:04   #121
wgabrie
Prince

Local Time: 14:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Much argument in the Morgan/PeaceKeeper unity council chamber. What is situation? Report. A young officer timidly hand over a touchpad displaying the yearly reports. So, says Morgan, it seems that the Gaians are becoming worried over our secretive millitairy alliance with the Hive. Excellent! While the Gaians fret over the true nature of our relations with the Hive, they will most likely second guess themselves tripping their own efforts and goals.

You know, says one of the informants from the peackeeper team. The other faction leaders are becoming suspisios over their troubles with the University, and are begining to wonder about us being involved somehow. Well, says Morgan, we were in a Pact with the University shortly before the millitairy alliance, but no offical communication with that faction has taken place since, but...

[ Public access suspended from this point, no offical records were kept ]

Turn to darsnan
Old February 14, 2002, 15:35   #122
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SPasmofiT
Zak is going down. The fact that he refuses to talk to me even if I kicked his ass in several turns makes me suspect some foreign involvment.
Just what do you mean by "foreign involvement"?

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 14, 2002, 16:15   #123
SPasmofiT
Prince

Local Time: 20:50
TURN!

By that I mean that I've seen this behavious before (total refuse of contact) and it's the case when someone else pais the AI to attack me.

There are 2 human players besides me. One of them did it! There. Happy?
Old February 14, 2002, 18:24   #124
wgabrie
Prince

Don't look at me, I know nothing.

turn to darsnan
Old February 14, 2002, 18:35   #125
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

who would benefit most from instability in the Hive/Uni/PK/ Gaian sphere? Maybe somebody safe and secure in the southern hemisphere?

turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 14, 2002, 18:50   #126
SPasmofiT
Prince

Enought of this. You are wasting my time. The demise of the University is at hand...

Anyway, both of you should consider me as "seething" . One more mistake, and I'm going into vendetta mode. Got it?

Now... let me enjoy the spoils of war! Bring in the slaves!
Old February 14, 2002, 19:01   #127
wgabrie
Prince

um, okay...

turn to darsnan
Old February 14, 2002, 19:15   #128
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The Gaian nation, unless provoked, is a peace loving society. We feel that whoever is behind these clandestine activities will unltimately pay the price: ye reap what you sow.

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 15, 2002, 14:36   #129
wgabrie
Prince

On to other matters! The Spartans have stood up to the Morgans long enough. I am taking this heavily armed menice down. I have begun the invasion taking 1 base this turn, and I hope to take a second base next turn before I run into interferance from the Spartan millitary.

I found out that the AI is in a Pact block so they are very dangerus, and the Spartans are getting very close to Planet Busters.

turn to darsnan
Old February 15, 2002, 14:56   #130
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by wgabrie
The Spartans have stood up to the Morgans long enough. I am taking this heavily armed menice down. I have begun the invasion taking 1 base this turn, and I hope to take a second base next turn before I run into interferance from the Spartan millitary.
This is actually good news for the Gaians, as it should take some of the impetus from the Spartan offensive that is currently under way against the Gaians. However, our economists have informed us that, because of these conflicts, the stock prices for Morgan Body Bags, and Morgan Pharmaceuticals, have gone through the roof! It is felt that these "conflicts" were manufactured in order to benefit the majority stock holders of these two companies, namely CEO wgabrie and Commissioner wgabrie2!

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 15, 2002, 18:19   #131
wgabrie
Prince

spasm e-mailed me this:
Quote:
Why have we not been consulted on this assault?
Your increased militarism is alarming. You are disturbing the balance of power, and frankly, this was not the time.
I had some military in the area, so I decided to take care of the Spartans in a surprise assault. You are free to assist in the take over if you want, but I am hopelessly behind so I must take over a third faction to further my own aims.

I have a superior army and the will to fight, I will go forth now.

turn to darsnan
Old February 15, 2002, 19:27   #132
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

the Gaian's are becoming very alarmed at the militaristic tendancies of a majority of the factions now on Planet. We have sought to keep a balance of peace on Planet. However, now, as we sort through the dead and dying Spartan assault force which we have just repelled, we wonder: must the Gaians cultivate within themselves this same ability, in order simply to survive? The Spartans and University will not talk to us, the Morganites now have instigated a war in the south, and The Hive now goes over to the offensive. Where, the Gaians wonder, are the Peace Keepers, and what are they doing about all of this!?!

Turn to Spasm

Out of Character: great game, guys! I'm really looking forward to how all of this turns out!

D

-=Vel=-
Old February 16, 2002, 10:32   #133
wgabrie
Prince

And what may I ask are Gaian Mindworms doing in Peace Keeping territory? I must warn you that I have completed a (5-1t-1) unit to deal with this if neccisary.

turn to darsnan
Old February 16, 2002, 17:30   #134
SPasmofiT
Prince

daddy, would you like some sossage?
daddy, would you like some sossage?
Old February 16, 2002, 17:42   #135
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

To All,
the follwing announcement was recorded earlier, but is now being posted at Apolyton for the record:
"The Gaian people are a peace-loving society, and we have continuelly strived to maintain our neutrality in all of the conflicts that have been breaking out on Planet. Also, we have always been a friend to all factions in need: when the Morganites found themselves being pressured by both the Spartans and the Believers, the Gaians shared our most top secret military technologies with the Morganites in order to assist the Morganites in their time of need. We also gifted this same military technology to the forlorn Peace Keepers, asking only for their map in exchange, as at the time the Spartans were forming up to attack the remnants of the Peace Keeper forces.
Now it is The Hive and Chairman Spasmofit that we have come to the aid of. When we tried to intervene on the behalf of Chairman Spasmofit with Provost Zhakarov, we were told by Zhakarov that he was fullfilling a contract of vendetta against The Hive. At that time, we declared vendetta against the University, and have started moving a small support force towards Hive territory. Unfortunately this force was intercepted and is currently being pursued by superior Spartan forces deep into Peace Keeper territory. For our valiant effort to support the Hive (even though it is no longer needed, as Zhakarov's enclave has been elimnated), the Hive has extended the offer of a Pact. We would again like to stress the point that the Gaian people are a peace loving society, and have strictly adhered to a path of neutrality in all of the conflicts on Planet to date. However, with the almost complete complicity of the Peace Keeper's motives being directed by CEO wgabrie, as well as the current state of vendetta existing between the Spartan Federation and the Gaians, we feel that it is in the best interests of the Gaian people to Pact with The Hive. From now on, a friend of Chariman Spasmofit's is a friend of Lord Darsnan's, and an enemy of Chairman Spasmofit's will have to answer to the military element of the Gaian High Command.
"
End of transmission.

Sorry about the reload: game locked up again.

Turn 2160 to Spasm.

-=Vel=-
Old February 16, 2002, 17:52   #136
SPasmofiT
Prince

or maybe you were just pod fishing
Old February 16, 2002, 17:55   #137
wgabrie
Prince

Turn to darsnan.
Old February 16, 2002, 18:04   #138
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

on to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 16, 2002, 18:08   #139
SPasmofiT
Prince

we're turning at the speed of light!
Old February 16, 2002, 19:07   #140
wgabrie
Prince

No sign of Spartan units in Peace Keeping territory. Maybe they were after pods afterall.

Turn to Darsnan
Old February 16, 2002, 20:03   #141
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
No sign of Spartan units in Peace Keeping territory.
Then they are probably in Gaian territory now. Thanx for the intelligence info!

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 16, 2002, 20:29   #142
wgabrie
Prince

sure, turn to Darsnan
Old February 16, 2002, 20:42   #143
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 17, 2002, 07:59   #144
SPasmofiT
Prince

TURN!

wgabrie, your avatar of Miriam scares me. WHY? do you like her, or you just look like her?
Old February 17, 2002, 11:13   #145
wgabrie
Prince

Quote:
TURN!

wgabrie, your avatar of Miriam scares me. WHY? do you like her, or you just look like her?
She was the first faction I won the game with, she resembles several people I know, and I'm one of a few people you'll ever meet that is a Miriam fan.

The report from the Spartan front is grim. We have lost our intire invation force when the Spartans mind-controled the two bases I had taken. The Spartans have vowed to wipe out the Morganites, and now Sister Miriam is mind-controling everything from colony-pods to formers on her way to get me. Our saving grace however is the discovery of Fusion Power, which we hope will give us the upper hand.

turn to darsnan
Old February 17, 2002, 11:20   #146
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
The Spartans have vowed to wipe out the Morganites, and now Sister Miriam is mind-controling everything from colony-pods to formers on her way to get me.
Well, I am so glad the Spartans are on there way to you now, instead of me!

P.S. say "hi" to Miriam for me!

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old February 17, 2002, 11:39   #147
SPasmofiT
Prince

wgabrie, you were greedy and you wanted the Spartan terrutory all for yourself. I told that you should "share". Now, you're on your own.

But remember, I will trade Chaos Guns with you, if you make an offer. Same goes for everything else.

Hint: I may be interested in the most eastern PK base.
Old February 17, 2002, 12:04   #148
wgabrie
Prince

That's it next time we play on a standard map or smaller I'm playing the Believers, the Morgans cramp my style.

Morganites:
energy
bad support

Believers:
great support
combat bonus
horrible research

I always like to change styles half way throu the game. Of course I would never think of hurting any human players unless they force me.
Old February 17, 2002, 12:09   #149
wgabrie
Prince

Quote:
Hint: I may be interested in the most eastern PK base.
Just what do you mean by that? HMMM?

turn to darsnan
Old February 17, 2002, 12:37   #150
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Heah wgabrie,
maybe you should take Spasmofit's offer: if you don't, the offer might be even worse in a few turns, and your REALLY desperate.....

Turn to Spasm

To All,
I will be out of town from Monday afternoon till Thursday evening (est). FYI.

D

-=Vel=-