Old February 28, 2002, 20:28   #241
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 14:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I have SMAX, but would rather stick with SMAC: I have had a lot of in-game lockup issues when I play SMAX MP's for some reason that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. However, if the consensus by wgabrie, Spasmofit, and "X" is to play SMAX, then I want in. If the game does turn out to be SMAX, then could I play Cha Dawn instead of the one's you offer Googlie?

-=Vel=-
Old February 28, 2002, 21:51   #242
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
Could do - the "game parameters" were the three aggressive factions on one side (two of whom, Usurpers and Believers, get +25% bonuses when attacking) versus four more-or-less builder factions. Make the troika come hunting for bear. A human playing the Cult would be much more outgoing and would take the fight to the troika using Planet as an ally

Hmmm ........ maybe a Cult clone as well as the original Cult. Then we'd have 2 blocs vying for Planet's blessing. That might make for a neat game "Battle of the Mindworm Brigades"

Or maybe I should just post the original concept as a "players wanted", and custom design something for you guys in SMAC

G.
Old February 28, 2002, 22:12   #243
wgabrie
Prince

I do have SMAX, and the game concept is interesting, but I think I'll have to decline on this one. I want to try out the Believers aginst the other human players.
Old March 1, 2002, 05:41   #244
SPasmofiT
Prince

Local Time: 20:50
I don't have SMAX and I can't find it!
I guess we're stuck w/ SMAC.
Old March 1, 2002, 06:00   #245
SPasmofiT
Prince

I had to agree on a truce, temporarly, with the Believers. They have masisve aries coming into the central theatre.
Old March 1, 2002, 09:41   #246
wgabrie
Prince

Poof and my army is gone.

turn to darsnan
Old March 1, 2002, 11:01   #247
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

In a diversionary attack, the Gaians have assaulted and taken Assassin's Redoubt. This should force the Spartans to weaken other sectors where they have been building up, in order to oppose this new penetration into their interior.
The true Gaian intentions, Defiance Freehold, will be taken next turn. We will then move our naval bombardment forces to Sparta Command and begin the bombardment of the city directly south of there in 2 Standard Turns: Spasmofit, if you can, then in about 5 Standard Turns after this I should have the forces in that city reduced significantly, and you should be able to launch a successful attack.

Turn to Spasmofit

-=Vel=-
Old March 1, 2002, 15:22   #248
SPasmofiT
Prince

This will take forever. And besides everything else, I didn't do any impression on Miriam. It seems that by the time the Spartans are gone, we're going to have 4 major powers in the game, and 1-2 minor ones. Nasty!
Old March 1, 2002, 15:36   #249
wgabrie
Prince

1-2 minor factions? What are you worried about? That must be the PKs and Morgans.

Wait a minute that's me!

turn to darsnan
Old March 1, 2002, 16:09   #250
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

sorry about the reload, guys: I guess I shouldn't have left so many applications open when I played the turn!

The backbone of the Spartan resistance is now broken. Derfiance Freehold, stocked with every availble unit Colonel Santiago could muster, was still taken in a bitterly fought affair. We have now split the Spartan defensive "shell" in half, and now can attack along whichever axis we feel is most beneficial expedient.

Do I have it right that I am the only human in vendetta with the Bible Thumpers right now? Also, the Treaty of 2180 is going to expire in 5 Standard Turns: I, for one, am all for extending this treaty for another 20 Standard Turns (till 2220) so that I can deal with Miriam myself.

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 1, 2002, 16:27   #251
SPasmofiT
Prince

After I'll take another Spartan base, I'll redeclare vendetta on ger. I almost had to, be the crisis was adverted.

As for the truce, I'm no loger in favor of it. I'm not saying I want to attack, I'm only saying that I want that option open. I think that all bets should be off in 10 turns.

I suggest we extend the pact another 5 turns (10 turns from now, in total), after wich all arangements are of.

I don't plan on attacking anyone, but if I must, I will do so, after the 10 turns elapse. I really like the trade, and I hope no millitary action will be necessary.
Old March 2, 2002, 12:33   #252
wgabrie
Prince

turn to darsnan
Old March 2, 2002, 12:59   #253
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The Spartans are dug in quite well: I lost 4 units this turn assaulting their positions, and not one city was taken!
However, it is noted that the Spartans are in defensive positions only. Because of this, we are going to repair our assault infantry and Berserker Mindworms at the monolith southeast of Sparta, and then re-initiate the assault. We also took out a Believer aircraft - the first airborne unit we have seen from the Bible Thumpers.
In other news, we have redesignated the attack force now in Spartan territory as the Gaian Expeditionary Force. This force differs from the newly constituted Home Force, which will be charged with defending Gaian borders. The Home Force's first task will be to investigate the unethical research that is occuring at the remaining University base, and to proceed in what is determined to ber the best interests of the Gaian people.

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 2, 2002, 16:24   #254
wgabrie
Prince

turn to darsnan
Old March 2, 2002, 16:49   #255
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Old March 2, 2002, 16:50   #256
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SPasmofiT
I guess we're stuck w/ SMAC.
I can still dream up something for the 3 leftover AI's after the 4 human players have chosen their factions

Either e-mail me with your faction choice, preferred game settings and that password so near and dear to you (or else post here - or even start a new discussion thread pre-launch of the new game)

linfrew@aol.com

I understand that Radman will be the 4th player

Googlie
Old March 2, 2002, 16:57   #257
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The Gaian Home Army has discovered that the University, in a radical attempt to alter the course of its fotunes in this game, has been conducting experiments with grafting machine interfaces directly to human genetic material. When it was demanded that the University stop this abomination, the University refused, and declared vendetta on the Gaian people. The Home Army has moved to stop the University probe teams which have just assaulted us, as well as put an end to the Universities unethical experiments for good.

Turn to Spasm

Hi Googlie,
thanx for setting up the new game for us!
I'll be Gaian for the new game (how original, huh?).

-=Vel=-
Old March 2, 2002, 17:29   #258
SPasmofiT
Prince

The Gaians are adviced to stop with this mindless demagogy and propaganda. The elimination of the University is of little importance to everyone else.
Old March 2, 2002, 17:34   #259
SPasmofiT
Prince

I'm going to be the Hive. I don't seem to be able to play something else in MP.
Old March 2, 2002, 17:44   #260
wgabrie
Prince

I'm going to play the Believers.

turn to darsnan
Old March 2, 2002, 18:57   #261
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

I am sorry to have to report that I experienced another lockup while I was loading the game: I didn't even get to enter my password, however when I restarted the game it stated that I had already played the turn. FYI.

Otherwise, I will heed Spasmofit's request about my posts and say "a boring turn to Spasm"...

p.s. Zakarov slipped away in another escape pod. FYI.

-=Vel=-

Last edited by Darsnan; March 2, 2002 at 21:58.
Old March 2, 2002, 21:54   #262
Googlie
Emperor

So the new game will be:

Gaians - Darsnan
Hive - SPasmofiT
Believers - wgabrie
Peacekeepers - radman

The AI will be Three's Company - Zakharov, Morgan & Santiago

(hmmm - I'll have fun with those - research, economy and muscle - what a great troika)

G.
Old March 2, 2002, 22:31   #263
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Heah Googlie,
thanx for setting this up for us! What with Radman joining us, I think this will be another great game! However, one request: I hope your not going to name the thread "Three's Company". Too '70's...

-=Vel=-
Old March 2, 2002, 22:52   #264
Googlie
Emperor

What kind of game do you guys want? - (I think maybe the ultimate in a "beefed up" AI is the Battlefield Earth scenario - I've spent hours now on the 4 single game versions and have gotten creamed by Marr every time - it'll be interesting to see how the PBEMers fare)

I can do the master/submissive thing again to give a strong AI bloc, or I can tweek the three AI's individually, and start them off with some goodies to give them a headstart, but make them relatively independent of each other (I think I can set it up so that they won't just pick on each other to fight)

And I can give equal access to at least 2 AIs for each human faction for you to "cut your military teeth" on

What's your preference?

G.
Old March 2, 2002, 23:09   #265
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

I'm torn here. Knowing whats coming is sort of like playing SP: once I make First Contact, I know how to proceed from there.
My vote is: Suprise me! This is simply because I will not immediately know the support infrastructure available to the AI faction I encounter first. I will then need to employ my diplomatic skills with both the AI and human factions in response to what I encounter when and where on Planet.....

-=Vel=-
Old March 4, 2002, 10:47   #266
SPasmofiT
Prince

Turn to Wgabrie, and he turned too ;-)

As for the second game, surprise me too.
Old March 4, 2002, 12:21   #267
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Notice: Army For Hire!

Are you afraid Sister Miriam's heavily armed "missionaries" are going to "convert" your cities? Irritated over the Peace Keeper's continual interjections into your "internal affairs"? Or are you just curious as to what really goes on down in The Hive? Then have no fear - the Gaian Expeditionay Force is the answer for you!
With the surrender of the Spartans in 2201 and the signing of a Non-Beligerancy Treaty, the G.E.F. is now currently unemployed. This is a well armed, proven assault force, complete with its own Air Wing. For the right price, we are willing to interject ourselves into a conflict on your behalf.
So don't hesitate - e-mail today @ dnandal@twcny.rr.com !

Posted by Chief GEF Negotiations Officer Milo Minderbinder.

Turn to Spasm

-=Vel=-
Old March 4, 2002, 16:03   #268
SPasmofiT
Prince

This battle is going to be even more difficult than the one with the Spartans. I'm slowly gathering my forces.
Old March 4, 2002, 17:40   #269
wgabrie
Prince

Well it looks like the believers are back to mind controling my bases. Don't worry about me though just prepare your assalt force.

turn to darsnan.
Old March 4, 2002, 17:41   #270
wgabrie
Prince

Googlie suprise us.