Old December 23, 2001, 20:28   #1
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
cradle yankie heroes
Still enjoying cradle. Heroes coming with wonders makes a lot more sense to me, heroes in Civ3 bring a huge element of luck to the game. I just do not like the fact that the last 3 are all American, shows a lack of imagination and historical Knowledge. Maybe we should make a list of heroes we cradle players think should be included. We should try to have people from a variety of different countries

Firstly, the top two generals of the 19th century were without question Wellington and Bonaparte, so why U.S. Grant, even Stonewall Jackson was better than him.

2nd world war, best general by far was Rommel, this is acknowledged by most military historians.

Okay we will give you Schwarzekopf, even though I do not rate him as great general. He had a huge technological advantage, coupled with total air superiority, it does not take a tactical genius to benefit from this position.
Old December 24, 2001, 09:47   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 13:52
Even on vacation, I still gotta lurk.

The reasoning behind the choice of heros in Cradle was tied into the type of wonder associated with them, and in most cases, was also tied into nationality too. So Grant was used for Emancipation - though I was considering Jackson - Grant won because the North won. I did flip-flop on Rommel, but once again, it was tied into the wonder, and the Manhattan Project was a mainly American effort.

Schwarzekopf fit into the technological aspect that the Internet presents - as Desert Storm was a showcase of technology.

I had really wanted Napoleon, but could not find a suitable wonder for him.

Still, its an easy fix for a player to alter for his own setup - go into CRA_gl_str.txt and look for the descriptive lines for each entry which will look like this...

UNIT_ULYSSES_GRANT "Ulysses Grant"

Change the line in quotes to
''Napoleon''

and all entries in the game will reflect this change. Do not change the line in capital letters though.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Last edited by hexagonian; December 24, 2001 at 09:56.
Old December 24, 2001, 20:34   #3
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
How about an Arc de Triomphe wonder for Napoleon or even link him to the statue of liberty.

Anyway Emancipation did not just happen in the US it just caused a civil war there. I think in Europe they got rid of slavery many years before.

Well I suppose if names can be changed so easily I could make myself be a hero, now that would be nice. Who wants Grant or Napoleon when I could do the same job myself.