Old January 5, 2002, 12:07   #1
Prince
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question concerning prod. increasing improvements
I was wondering... Say, I have a couple of cities with and a couple of cities without a factory. One of my cities builds a hover dam, which places a hydro plant in the other cities. Does it make a difference between the cities with and those without a factory? So, do the cities without the factory get 50% extra shield output, or shoudl they build a factory first. And the cities with a factory, does the hover dam reduce pollution and replace the factory but still give 50% extra? And what if I build, say, a solar plant instead, does it replace the hydro plant that was placed in my city by the hover dam?

Thanks!
Old January 5, 2002, 14:13   #2
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 11:57
Re: Question concerning prod. increasing improvements
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
I was wondering... Say, I have a couple of cities with and a couple of cities without a factory. One of my cities builds a hover dam, which places a hydro plant in the other cities. Does it make a difference between the cities with and those without a factory? So, do the cities without the factory get 50% extra shield output, or shoudl they build a factory first. And the cities with a factory, does the hover dam reduce pollution and replace the factory but still give 50% extra? And what if I build, say, a solar plant instead, does it replace the hydro plant that was placed in my city by the hover dam?

Thanks!
You have to have a factory before you can build any of the power plants, so building a Hoover Dam will not affect those that don't. Take a look in your editor and you will see what the building requirements are, and what gets replaced by which improvement.
Old January 5, 2002, 22:55   #3
moi
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:57
a word on solar plants: they are not useful if you have hydro plants already (or hoover). they dont pollute less, they dont increase prod more. the only usefulness is when you dont have hoover, and you cant build hydro in a city because of no water.
Old January 6, 2002, 08:22   #4
Prince
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by moi
a word on solar plants: they are not useful if you have hydro plants already (or hoover). they dont pollute less, they dont increase prod more. the only usefulness is when you dont have hoover, and you cant build hydro in a city because of no water.
Yeah, I know Was just giving an example. BTW, if anyone knows, will the Hoover Dam also place hydro plants in cities after it is built? So, I have a Hoover Dam, and build a factory in a city some turns later, it will still get the hydro plant? Thanks
Old January 6, 2002, 13:28   #5
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 11:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince

Yeah, I know Was just giving an example. BTW, if anyone knows, will the Hoover Dam also place hydro plants in cities after it is built? So, I have a Hoover Dam, and build a factory in a city some turns later, it will still get the hydro plant? Thanks
Any Wonder that creates an improvement will always be active, they're not just a one time thing. Again, take a look in your editor and you'll get a better understanding of what these things do.
Old January 6, 2002, 14:55   #6
Prince
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Willem

Any Wonder that creates an improvement will always be active, they're not just a one time thing. Again, take a look in your editor and you'll get a better understanding of what these things do.
Heh, alright, I'm already loading the thing