Old January 5, 2002, 16:42   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 18:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Chiron Chronicle
Should we abandon this; is anyone still interested in it?
Or did everyone migrate over to Sprayber/LMP;'s game?

Last edited by DarkCloud; January 5, 2002 at 16:47.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2002, 17:11   #2
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 12:58
Well, I'm still interested, Dark Cloud.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2002, 18:11   #3
Clear Skies
Prince

I'm still here...upcoming AS levels and increasing amounts of coursework may hinder frequent posting though. Haven't played SMAC in quite a while, and am involved in a few other (non-SMAC) writing thingies at the moment.

Still around though. If you want me.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2002, 18:39   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:58
Yes, there appears to be heavy losses to BAC.
But I could do the Believers every now and then.
Old January 6, 2002, 05:24   #5
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 13:58
I'm here and still very interested in the Spartans.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2002, 13:14   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Well, since there seems to be interest- I suppose we could work on reforming.

University- DarkCloud
Spartans- Sprayber
kassiopea- believers
SMAC Fanatic- ???
History Guy- (was it the Drones?)

and the year is slightly after the aliens have landed and established themselves on the Isle of Deidrieana?? Correct?
Old January 6, 2002, 21:23   #7
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I signed on as Progenitors.
Old January 7, 2002, 04:30   #8
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:58
Still here, still interested, still Peacekeeper...

Spare time still in short supply, but getting a little better now...

If the rest of you want to play, I'll see what I can do.
Old January 7, 2002, 13:01   #9
Clear Skies
Prince

I was either the Cyborgs or the Gaians, and am happy to still play both for the moment.

And it's Deianira IIRC horrible to spell I know, but there it is...
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old January 9, 2002, 19:33   #10
Natan
Prince

I can still do the Hive.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2002, 20:20   #11
DarkCloud
staff

Good. We can come back
LMP- are you still interested?
Old January 10, 2002, 01:30   #12
[LordLMP]

Like i said in the BAC thread, i will be leaving on the 23rd for eight months off on some federal program. So my computer access will be limited... so the best i can do is try to keep track of the story and post some reality checks.... same with BAC. I will be mainly spend my available time finishing off some stuff for the site, descriptions, some histories and some agendas.

The Proginators will CRASH landing... Usurpers will crash on the Isle of Deianira and the Caretakers will crash in Mount Planet.

-LMP
Old April 19, 2002, 04:45   #13
Centauri18
Prince

Local Time: 11:58
I'm sort of a newcomer, but I'd do whatever I was given the chance to do, and I'd just hope I did it justice.
Old April 21, 2002, 09:03   #14
Sprayber
Emperor

CC seems to have faded away. I really did enjoy it and I'm sorry if BAC had anthing to do with it's demise.

Centauri18: Your welcome to come to BAC if you like. There is always room for more talent. We are all very friendly over there.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 21, 2002, 19:09   #15
History Guy
King

Though I only posted in Chiron Chronicles once, I must say I'll miss it in a way. I hope it can come back at some later date, but it don't look like that'll be happening anytime soon.
Old April 21, 2002, 19:11   #16
Centauri18
Prince

Local Time: 11:58
Well, I'm kind of new but I'll try BAC if I'm needed.
Old April 22, 2002, 09:39   #17
History Guy
King

Centauri 18, we'd love to have you aboard at BAC if you want to help out! There are several open positions, most importantly the Cybernetic Consciousness. Other positions open include (I believe) the Gaians and the Cultists, though I'm not totally sure. There are also several un-claimed independent systems to choose from (i.e. Concordia, or Minos).
Old April 23, 2002, 07:33   #18
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
CC seems to have faded away. I really did enjoy it and I'm sorry if BAC had anthing to do with it's demise.
Nah - CC had it's days, but thing have to change. I do have a little feeling that the Chronicles might resurrect one day - will I be there to witness it, I can't tell. But as it is, I wouldn't of had any time to tend to CC, and when prioritizing over the two, I would of definitely gone with BAC.
But sure, CC was my first collaborative story thread ever, and as such deserves a nostalgic value of great regard.
Old May 11, 2002, 17:00   #19
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
But sure, CC was my first collaborative story thread ever, and as such deserves a nostalgic value of great regard.
I'm glad you enjoyed it as well

I miss it- but I really didn't have the time to GM it or carry it.
You see... The Chiron Chronicles had been carried each age.

In the first start
XWaste and myself did most of the posting and work.
-
Then LMP and myself did most of the work.
Then I let LMP work.
-
Third Restart- Pretty much all LMP.
-
Fourth Restart- LMP went on vacation; I tried to start it up, but of course, the BAC did have more of the interest... But I could have done more work to work up support.

Perhaps some time later we can restart it if anyone is interestd- however, once again, I don't think I have the stamina to GM for a while longer

(Remember LMP and Myself were the GM's )

It too was my first collaborative story.
Old May 11, 2002, 19:32   #20
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:58
It was my first one too, and I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted!
Alas, I've been quite busy elsewhere for some time now, and so when CC stopped, I more or less dropped out of this forum altogether for some time...

Too long, it seems...

I was supposed to play the Peacekeepers in BAC, but now I'm too far behind to do much of anything in that story... I know I've been talking about catching up, but I honestly don't see it happening this side of summer... Haven't totally given up yet, but I guess it's no secret that it's nowhere near the top of my list of priorities these days... I thought I'd manage to fit it in somewhere, but it keeps getting bumped down...

We'll see...
Old May 11, 2002, 19:38   #21
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Don't feel guilty over it, Guardian. I think we will manage without your participation, as much a resource as it might of been.
But should you get any spare time, you'll be welcomed, at least on my behalf, as long as you steer clear of Coalition affairs.
Old May 11, 2002, 21:16   #22
Sprayber
Emperor

What would truely be interesting would be if someone went back and wrote all that we did from a third person's point of view as one concise piece of work. But I don't see anyone having that kind of time for a massive undertaking. But it would be interestesting to read like that.
Old May 11, 2002, 21:21   #23
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 04:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
If I ever graduate from college, I'll give it a shot!
Old May 14, 2002, 14:35   #24
Clear Skies
Prince

I am indeed still here, although hovering more around the OT forum than the AC-F forum. Haven't written any AC fiction for a while, nor played SMAC for a little while (despite my nickname, there ARE times when I don't play for a while). I also have AS levels for the next month or so, but after that I should have plenty of free time. Hopefully.
Old May 15, 2002, 10:36   #25
Mellian
Queen

Okay, i was thinking...

we can restart Chiron Chronicles, but in a different format like the never ending story concept at civfanatics, but in SMAC/X style. I will be willing to organize and moderate it

it may not involve a lot of creative writing, but will be faster pace..and will be like real day = game year.. instead of a one real month or more = game year.

I will organize the system...which may end up needing tweaking while we play for balance reasons... Also would need a trace out map of Chiron bmp or whatever... so we can quickly post the map of territories and so on.

anyway, what do people think? will be easier to keep track and play.

-mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 20:07   #26
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 04:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think I might concentrate of Beyond Alpha Centauri and The Hunt for now. Even planeswalkers can only occupy one region of existence at a time.
Old May 15, 2002, 21:27   #27
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
What would truely be interesting would be if someone went back and wrote all that we did from a third person's point of view as one concise piece of work. But I don't see anyone having that kind of time for a massive undertaking. But it would be interestesting to read like that.
That would be crazy! I put two versions in word and they were over 98 pages long!!! :bugeyes:

Quote:
and will be like real day = game year.. instead of a one real month or more = game year
Actually that's the way the game started more or less. 1 day would equal one game month It got disorganized near the end.
Old May 15, 2002, 21:35   #28
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud

That would be crazy! I put two versions in word and they were over 98 pages long!!! :bugeyes:
Well, lots of crazy things are very interesting to read. I think if someone went through and condensed what happened into some kind of narrative, it would be cool. But like I said, it would be time consuming.
Old May 15, 2002, 22:17   #29
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 14:58
Lonestar cares not for your pitiful Chronicle.

Actually, I'm just trying to build up a post count. Wish they hadn't taken away the custom avatar privilage for those who'd been here for over a year.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2002, 00:24   #30
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Actually that's the way the game started more or less. 1 day would equal one game month It got disorganized near the end.
Yes, but that failed due to lack of structure

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote