Old February 7, 2002, 03:26   #61
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 13:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Three days. You act as if it was an eternity.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914oct_germany.net (217.6 KB, 3 views)
Old February 7, 2002, 04:59   #62
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 06:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
El Awrence your turn!!

Hey Austrian Dog! Grrrr!
Old February 7, 2002, 17:27   #63
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:58
Russian Black Sea Fleet Decimated!

Varna.- The Bulgarian fleet was cheered into port in Varna last week as it returned from battling the Russian Black Sea Fleet just off the coast of Romania.

Reports say that the Russian cruisers and two destroyers were sunk and a Russian battleship that remained badly damaged was torpedoed by a Bulgarian submarine as it attempted to withdraw from battle.

This blow to the Russian navy, dealt by the Bulgaria, is a blow to their pride that they may hardly recover from in the near future.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914oct_austria.net (217.6 KB, 5 views)
Old February 7, 2002, 20:56   #64
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Yeah, I think we should email him. Also maybe, we should email people when it is their turn?
Old February 7, 2002, 21:35   #65
Soundwave
Prince

You already asked this and i think Yes!!!
Old February 7, 2002, 21:47   #66
Soundwave
Prince

The Italian Embassy recieving Hundreds of reports of Austrian Troop movements on the Border, Italian Favour Shifts in the Entente favour as Austrian Relentless threats...

Itlalian Troops move to French boreder ready to go to the Western Front.
Attached Files:
File Type: net oct1914.net (217.6 KB, 3 views)
Old February 7, 2002, 22:13   #67
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
hey! Back off, Poland's my *****!
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914oct.net (217.6 KB, 5 views)
Old February 8, 2002, 22:37   #68
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

All Quiet on the Western Front...
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies1914nov.net (219.0 KB, 3 views)
Old February 9, 2002, 12:27   #69
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 18:58
Could be a problem
Um i was just playing this because this PBEM has me intrested in it again. However after noticing the German Divison Units carving through the machine gun posts i did a bit of checking and the German Division unit is in the Partistan unit slot, and seeing as machine guns just happen to have an attack of 0 they get massacered, Im just pointing it out but hey you might want to change it. If not then i advise germany attack now, before they get too many actual units in the trenches because youll be able to carve through the machine guns, in fact which i did, paris fell in 3 turns.

Just thought i should point it out

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old February 9, 2002, 15:20   #70
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

MagyarCrusader
I never noticed that... I guess the easiest fix would be to give machine guns attack 1.
Old February 9, 2002, 15:42   #71
Grothgar
Prince

Well yeah but i thought i had to point it out

Anyway i did a map of this conflict. Obviously from me not playing in this game i cant be 100% sure about anything so ill post it as a JPEG form, and then a bmp, which someone can download and then update and hopefully post it as a gif file, which im unable to do,
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sreichpbem.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	9715  

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old February 9, 2002, 15:56   #72
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 19:58
You and your maps, Gary.

I gave this scenario another go the other day, as the Allies. When is it actually possible to advance against Germany? I checked the events files, and in 1915 Germany was getting about 5 machine guns a turn, plus when their divisions were killed the were getting 65mm guns, which then became machine guns after the guns were killed, or something similar.

Also, I found that the best way of holding the German trenches is to knock all the units out of a particular stretch, and then pile a load of units into it, followed by a recon plane. Since the computer has no fighter units, they can't attack your troops! Doing this, I was able to hold all the German trenches from Antwerp to just south of Lille.
Old February 10, 2002, 00:00   #73
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Nice map, but it's is wrong. Borders were a lot different back then compared to today. Poland should be split between Germany, Austria, and Russia (biggest chunk going to Germany). You have Voivodina, Transylvania and Ruthenia under Russian yoke, should be Austro-Hungarian. East Prussia should be German, not Russian. At least that's how it all is according to the start of the war. As far as I know, only 2 cities have switched hands. Lodz and Lemberg.
Old February 10, 2002, 10:39   #74
Grothgar
Prince

hey lol, dont dis the map lol, i only posted it as a rough estimate, didnt you read the bit which said take it and redo it as the game requires lol

Old February 10, 2002, 14:16   #75
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 19:58
Think you could fit any more "lol"s into that sentence, Gary?
Old February 10, 2002, 15:05   #76
Soundwave
Prince

Whos go is it and when can it be mine?
Old February 10, 2002, 16:03   #77
The ANZAC
King

I've gone, so now it's back to Scott
Old February 11, 2002, 05:38   #78
Scott F
Prince

Sorry for the delay. Went home for the weekend and had no net access.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914nov_germany.net (219.2 KB, 3 views)
Old February 12, 2002, 00:31   #79
Dr. Nick
Deity

All quiet on the Eastern Front...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914nov_austria.net (219.2 KB, 3 views)
Old February 12, 2002, 19:54   #80
Soundwave
Prince

Italians call for War

Italians support Allied claims of Germany starting the war!

But the Italians shall stay Neutral for this War
Attached Files:
File Type: net italianturn.net (219.3 KB, 3 views)
Old February 12, 2002, 20:48   #81
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Stop picking on me just because I'm a ruskie!
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914nov.net (220.0 KB, 3 views)
Old February 12, 2002, 21:47   #82
The ANZAC
King

One U-Boat was destroyed...

OOC: I switched the events for the next year. I think it worked, tell me if I'm wrong.
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies1914dec.net (232.8 KB, 3 views)
Old February 13, 2002, 00:09   #83
Scott F
Prince

Berliner Zeitung: Special Edition
France Collapses! Paris Falls!

German troops, exploiting a breakthrough in the French lines north of Amiens and covered by air superiority, have at last broken the deadlock on the western front. After achieving the breakthrough in the front lines, German troops advanced rapidly. Amiens fell first. With the fall of Amiens, German forces had open access to French railway lines. Boarding trains and moving swiftly across the French interior, the German Army fought what the Supreme Command has called "the railway war." Within a matter of days, German troops, carried by railway cars, moved across the whole of France, completely unopposed due to the shock and chaos created by their initial attacks. Paris, the sole point of resistance in all of France, fell after a pitched battle of only a few hours. The French government is believed to have fled south to Marseilles, one of the few enclaves not now in German hands. It is estimated that over forty allied divisions have deserted alone due to the fall of their homelands.

The Kaiser, after visiting Paris and touring the sights, returned to Germany to adulation in Berlin. Not even the great victories of Wilhelm the Great, the elder Field Marshal Moltke, and the Iron Chancellor in 1870 and 1871 can compare to the great achievement of German troops. With Christmas at hand, the war is now effectively over. France has been pillaged and looted of all valuables to further the German war effort in the east.

In the east, German triumphs are also impressive, with both Warsaw and Vilnius having fallen to brave German forces. These victories, orchestrated by the towering trio of Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg, General Erich Ludendorff, and Colonel Max Hoffmann, were sadly overshadowed by the victories in the western campaign. With Warsaw having fallen, Poland is expected to collapse in the coming months. Resupply and reinforcement is unlikely due to the fall of the strategic transportation center of Vilnius.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914dec_germany.net (232.7 KB, 3 views)
Old February 13, 2002, 00:27   #84
Dr. Nick
Deity

Allies Crippled, Franz Joseph hold Reception
The collapse of France to the hands of Germany has been the wild talk in the coffee houses across the Empire, with many praising the German leadership for this lightning attack never before witnessed by any army and the most brilliant military action for many centuries to come.

The rapid collapse of France, an industrial and potent nation, has boosted morale across the Austro-Hungarian Empire who's main enemy is Russia and it is expected that the backwards feudal nation should fall in no time to the joint effort of Austrians and Hungarians, each fighting to counter the oppression of the Russian tsar.

Germanism shall triumph as it is destined and written!

On December 24th a toast was celebrated in the Royal Palace in Vienna in honour of Kaiser Wilhelm I for the upholding of his promise for indeed, this war mostly over by Christmas and only the battered remnants of Russia remain to sue for peace.
Old February 13, 2002, 00:29   #85
Dr. Nick
Deity

And, in his orgasmic happiness, the Kaiser forgot to attach the save.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1914dec_austria.net (232.7 KB, 4 views)
Old February 13, 2002, 00:50   #86
Soundwave
Prince

LOL!!!

Nice going Kraiser!
Old February 13, 2002, 02:55   #87
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Holy crap! Congratulations to your victories, the way history should have been. Damn Scott you're killer! Did you build a railroad across the trench under the cover of a recon plane? If not, please tell me how you did it!

On a minor side note, the Russian revolution hits 3 years earlier than expected. The Russian armies abandon Poland and a good chunk of the Ukraine to Germany and unrest forces the Czar to abdicate. Lenin returns and a civil war breaks out. The Bolshevicks get horribly slaughtered.
Old February 13, 2002, 18:44   #88
The ANZAC
King

Hmm. Well, somehow you found out my defenses were weak just north Amiens and you exloited it. Don't expect your luck to last long. I still have an ace up my sleeve.
Old February 14, 2002, 02:24   #89
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Are we contuing? If so, lets go!
Old February 14, 2002, 08:30   #90
Scott F
Prince

No, I didn't use recon planes to cover building a railway. I attacked a weak point in the line and used a recon plane to get past the zone of control restrictions. I then attacked Amiens, capturing it (that was the original goal of the operation). Then I realized that The ANZAC didn't have any infantry at all in nearly all of France's cities. I sent a cavalry unit out, took all of the cities with a single unit, sold improvements for plunder, and attacked and took Paris. Along the way I stumbled upon the allied engineer/settler units and killed two of them.

Now, I don't know how you define victory in this scenario. If the fall of Paris is meant to end the war, then the Allies have lost and the war is effectively over. If the fall of Paris and most of France isn't meant to end the war, then we can go on. It's up to the rest of you. I'm certain that The Anzac can make a go of it, but he's lost a huge number of units in a single turn, along with most of France's productive capacity. That leaves Russia to bear the brunt of the Austro-German forces for quite some time. And in Russia's current position...

It also means, if we want to be picky, that the Italians would never realistically enter the war on the side of the smashed Allies (so we may want to rewrite that part of the events file so that they either opportunistically join the Germans or stay out for at least another year).