Old February 20, 2002, 10:59   #121
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 13:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I could go for that again as the Allies. this time, I wouldn't leave my rear open
Old February 20, 2002, 15:06   #122
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 06:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yea i dunno, Russia's slowness is why her troops are only 2 moves instead of 3.

So i reckon, dont put them behind the moscow
Old February 20, 2002, 16:04   #123
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
Cool, there is interest. It's 12 right now in California, and I'll be at work till about 4 (16) I think. So when I get back home I will start making the update and hopefully can finish it tonight. So if you want something changed, please suggest it now. So far I've got this:

1) Change Machine Gun attack to 1, so Germany doesn't have the partisan advantage.

2) Increase the movement of fighters and make their range 1, instead of 2. That way, we prevent someone from camping a recon plane on a trench square and eliminating all possibility of a ground assault.

3) I'm gonna find a way to decrease the Allies initial science research production. Since they are a democracy they get an unfair advantage in this area.

4) I'm going to change a lot of the Allied railroad system into roads near the trench line, and near the coastal cities. I'm thinking about doing the same for Germany around Strasborg.

5) IMPORTANT!
I have a plan for fixing the problem I encountered last game with the AI changing my production orders. How about I create another set of rules with improvement prequisites set at "no". You would load this rules.txt file at the end of your turn and at the beginning. At the beginning, you save your game, exit, load the real rules.txt, load game and continue playing. Wouldn't that stop the AI from changing orders to useless silos?

6) I propose we play as a hotseat, and not PBEM. That way, everyone can see the text messages displayed at the beginning of the turn. But I haven't played an internet hosteat game... so if there are any advantages the PBEM has that the hotseat doesn't... please let me know!!!

Concerning your suggestions:

Quote:
you might consider having the Russians gain a pair of conscripts for each division killed until, say, 1916 or so. They can be created in the rear in Petrograd and Moscow, thus forcing them to be moved forward to the front to represent Russian logistical slowness despite their huge military size.
Russian already gets conscripts via events at Moscow, St Petersbrug and a couple other of the distant cities. I don't feel there is a need to change Russia's troop strength, conscripts only cost 10 for them so their cities can pump them out like mad. The reason why you advanced so quickly is because of Germany's railroad system, you could get troops into Poland a hell of a lot quicker than I could, and so you ended up making progress. I believe this is historically accurate.

Quote:
And everyone should get a machine gun, not the Germans and Allies getting 20 and Russia None
Russia wasn't known for having successful machine gun fortifications on the Eastern Front, so I'm not giving them any. Later on in the war, Austria-Hungary and Italy will get the guns from events, but not in the first year or so. Germany and the Allies will also get Machine Guns.

Quote:
Yea Sure this Time, make it HARD to get thru the trenches, did what i did to your scen on offence, but i made the movement lie 6 to get over it and 0 defence... hehehe slaughter!!!
No Man's land already has a decreased defense value, so anything that gets caught out there can't really survive a counter push. I think the movement is fine, since you can't get your heavy artillery in there you must send waves of infantry across. What I could do is change Allied and German infantry movement to 2 instead of 3, but that would decrease the advantage I feel Germany should have over Russia.

Soundwave, if El Awrence doesn't want to play this time, would you want to be Italy and Russia? That way you would have some fun action in the beginning while Italy is neutral. I'll play as the meek Hungarian empire.

Any other suggestions for the update?
Old February 20, 2002, 17:42   #124
Soundwave
Prince

Yea Sure... I'll be the Russian Bear... and the Italian Wolf (Roma)

Can you fix a few things, ok here we go...

1. Can the Russians have more rialway, and shouldn't there be the Baghdad-Berlin Railway, finished in 1913??

2. The Trenches on the Western Front should go all the way to the Mountians not stop at the forest... and your forest thats by Belugim shouldn't be there, there were no forests on the Western front .. all destroyed...

3. You relize no Human player is going to take Rheims, and destory the wonder which make the German Units Veretans...

4. More Forts between Austria and Italy, there were heaps even in 1914

5. When are you going do this? I hope i caught you in time
Old February 21, 2002, 19:43   #125
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
I haven't done any of this yet since apolyton was down yesterday. I wanted feedback first.

Quote:
1. Can the Russians have more rialway,
No.

Quote:
2. The Trenches on the Western Front should go all the way to the Mountians not stop at the forest... and your forest thats by Belugim shouldn't be there, there were no forests on the Western front .. all destroyed...
Sure I'll add more trenches, and if you are that picky about one forest tile then I'll change that to.

Quote:
3. You relize no Human player is going to take Rheims, and destory the wonder which make the German Units Veretans...
Good point, I forgot about that. The wonder goes absolete at the end of 1914 anyway... but I think it should be gone after the first turn.

Quote:
4. More Forts between Austria and Italy, there were heaps even in 1914
OK

Quote:
5. When are you going do this? I hope i caught you in time
I'll do it tonight.
Old February 21, 2002, 20:29   #126
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 13:58
Also do batch file events still work properly in a multiplayer game. Because before I was crushed I loaded the events for the next year. Should we have waited for the last player to go?
Old February 22, 2002, 17:02   #127
Soundwave
Prince

YAY let the Allies kick some ass, oops am i allowed to say ass??
Old February 22, 2002, 18:25   #128
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:58
Oi! I'm still here!
Old February 22, 2002, 19:56   #129
Soundwave
Prince