Old January 29, 2002, 13:14   #61
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 15:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
Well I have ceded my right to play to Winzity, its upto Ozzy whether he wants to continue or let win paly all sessions.

Well i'm not through with this game yet. The Metalheads need a strong leader, and only Ozzy the Dove-Eater can supply that. Hopefully I'll be available this Saturday. If however something comes up and I can't make it then I'll relinquish all claim to the game and apoligize for jerking everyone around. Hopefully I will be back again on Saturday and hopefully the Metalheads will pull themselves up once again.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old February 1, 2002, 08:48   #62
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:00
Well, I was the most advanced when I made that post thanks in part to philosophy, but I've slipped since then Now I'm 3rd I think...

One thing I've learned, DON'T EVER PICK SOUTH AMERICA AS A STARTING POINT!
Old February 1, 2002, 18:39   #63
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:00
Berz, I'd say as south america's go......my world map is pretty generous with it.....but you're right it can be annoying.
Old February 2, 2002, 20:56   #64
Frank Johnson
King

we work hard so you dont have to
Attached Files:
File Type: scn dip.scn (74.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Frank Johnson; February 2, 2002 at 22:27.
Old February 3, 2002, 01:20   #65
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
so who is playing next week, same as today or is ozzy playing?????????

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old February 3, 2002, 01:37   #66
Frank Johnson
King

I must admit I didn't prepare for this. The average diplo game is plagued with no-shows and such....That's why I didn't worry when I seemed to have 9 or 10 people interested in this game.....however membership in this game has actually been a point of conflict! I end up being put in a situation where someone gets their feelings hurt and no one gets quite what they want.

I remain confedant that the game will need subs. I don't want to piss anybody off espically players, potiental players, and subs! I know both Raz and Ozzy were great players in HOTW2, in fact Ozzy picked up after me, where I had picked up after war4ever or someone else......

Anyway, I'm sorry about the whole mess. I really hope I haven't offended anyone. And I hope I won't offend anyone when I rush to you on some random day asking you to sub in the game, when you really wanted to regular in it. Sorry
Old February 3, 2002, 02:02   #67
Frank Johnson
King

The Cantonese people, breaking into a new age, marked it with serveral noticable improvments in their nation. First, teams of workers completed what is known as "The Great Mines of China" in southwest china. These mines provide massive ammounts of natural resources for a large portion of the southern empire. They are also the key to the Cantonese mastery of production throughout the world, outstripping all nations, even those much more populous than the Cantonese. Meanwhile in the northern empire, a seperate team of workers was working on its own daunting project, the cultivation of a huge section of the northern empire. Despite the huge scope of their task the workers have continued on, and as of now most of manchuria and the russian far east are ready for the growing populations.

After the completion of the great mines, groups of workers returned to the fertile valleys of the southern empire once more. Their skills were needed for a new task: bridging the mighty rivers of China. As of now there are serveral crossings over the mighty Yang Xi. Afterwards the name "Jian Fu Lin" became popular amongst young children in the region, because the crossing had indeed brought a whole new meaning to the saying "River of good fortune."

During this time, the whole of Cantonese society was fixed on foreign trade. The profits to be made excited so many that there was never enough shipping to move the huge ammonuts of goods bound for the Deitian Islands. Luckly there was no lack of Deitian goods to go around in China as well.

With the profits from these caravans local patrons setup huge venues for the entertainment of the population. They enjoyed mock battles, epic plays, and the occasional execution.

Eventually the huge ammounts of trade and increase in urban population put a strain on the water systems. This concearn was dealt with however, and now the Cantonese population is rising dramaticly. While there are many great cities around the world, it would be difficult to argue that there is another civilization as developed in the whole of its empire as Canton is now. It is predicted that by the time the current systems reach equalibrium that Canton will have the highest population of all nations.
Old February 4, 2002, 01:54   #68
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:00
AD 1200 Dip Year
Captain Deiticus reigns supreme over many happy and content Aussies - a meek breed of DEITIAN stock, quite unassuming and friendly.

Lord Dangime of the Cantonese is building a vastly strong industrial empire. Such allies are likely to sway the course of history. But Deiticus reflects that despite his supreme position for many eons he feels all is not well in this world. Vieing for the biggest population may not be the wisest course. The Aztec Indians are luring me down this path but, no, there is more to this. A carrier pigeon from the West was uttereing on the wind:
... nice session Deiticus....the next eon you will see the Order of the Markus super growth strategy....have a good week...

Africa was looming as THE super power and their leader, Scipio was no cannon fodder, well, not until we invent metallurgy anyway....

The Western alliance should carefully consider this situation.

We met new friends from the East. They sailed in HUGE boats, the like of which we had not seen, bearing gifts and trade. Peace was established with these Americans and a fond affinity was immediately felt.

Captain Deiticus wishes to propose an alliance with the Americans if his other ally, the Cantonese, would be so kind as to agree?

A new strong Pacific Alliance, a Pacific Pact, in fact, to be specific...

Lord Dangime would be the military leader, if ever such events required it.
Berzerker, the wild man, could be the Economic and Trade leader.
And, Deiticus could be the technology leader.

Yes, there is tension in this world. All seems peaceful but...

Consider this:

The Carts push borders close up to its neighbours and then has heaps of land to populate without competition in Africa, whilst the poor illiterate northerners are squashed against the ice; and their other ally, the Aztecs are sandwiched in central Asia. This caused them to build on islands that belong to the Cantonese... can this prevail? When will Lord Dangime's wrath surface?
When will the Western allies wake up to themselves?

The Americans seem a fair and honourable folk. I urge my friends to build this Pacific Pact.

And what of the Atlanteans? Are they a lost race? Did the oceans open up and cover them? They ARE believed to exist but Deiticus will need to discover them for himself - any friends of the Americans must surely be our friends too?

It is time to face the acid test.

Will deity approve my strategies? Some of his Captains may have gone too far - Captain Morant's epic defeat of the Zulu bulus was not seen by all as an entirely defensive move... and deity's true opinion of this is unknown. All I can know is that to be supreme and spotless, untarnished by war, is the key goal.

Old February 4, 2002, 17:40   #69
Frank Johnson
King

The Atlantians whom braved the straights in the north have already made contact and established an alliance with the Cantonese people. Although all the Cantonese know of the American people is through the Atlantians and others, it is understood that the Americans and Atlantians have lived in harmony for many centuries. If such a pact were to prevail as described by Deity it would only require an agreement from the Americas and Austrailia.

I would like to expand on the point made by my Austrailian counterpart. It has indeed been the Cantonese whom throughout the ages have been called upon to compromise when territory has been an issue. Islands off shore the Cantonese capital? Occupied by foreigners. Our own settlers had to compromise to a swamp land, only to find that island to be later colonized by Aztecs as well. In later days it seems it has become stylish to have as many far-flung colonies in the Cantonese sphere of influance as possible. Both the Aztecs and Atlantians cling to Cantonese siberian colonies and islands, while the Deitians begged to be allowed to settle in Cantonese polyineasia finally offering a meger payment. This all would be bad enough by itself if the long standing border agreement with the Aztecs had not left huge tracks of ariable land undeveloped for centuries, however the Aztecs sought only to exapnd their boarders and thought nothing of internal development so this came into being.

It all comes down to this, the Cantonese can make no more compromises. The Cantonese homeland is fully developed, and the wasteful practies of some other nations infuriate the citizens and their representatives in the great hall. Those who seek to take advantage of Canton can only expect to be turned away by any means required...
Old February 4, 2002, 18:13   #70
CANNON FODDER
Settler

Does this mean we have a Cantonese declaration of war??

Carthage WILL support their loyal Aztec allies against any kind of Cantonese aggression.
Old February 4, 2002, 19:28   #71
Frank Johnson
King

Can't a country complain about having crappy neighbors without declaring war these days? Geez...and you're one to talk "Mr. I won't offer a peace treaty."

Basicly I'm telling you guys to get lost from my territory, and what makes my artic region any less bounded to treaties than anyone elses?
Old February 5, 2002, 07:10   #72
Hydey
Emperor

The Ukranian empire flourishs under the drunken leadership of Hydey. All our cities have many taverns full of happy citizens drinking our fine ales. many caravans of goods (mainly beer) have been traded with our allies and our gunsmiths are very busy arming our nations fine defenders. Our spies tell of evil plans of conquest formed by the false Gods but with our allies we are ready for any unprovoked attacks.

We are ready to step in if the false Gods knife there allies in the back (as is there way) , our Mighty allience shall see world peace prevail.

Old February 5, 2002, 07:46   #73
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hydey
The Ukranian empire flourishs under the drunken leadership of Hydey. All our cities have many taverns full of happy citizens drinking our fine ales. many caravans of goods (mainly beer) have been traded with our allies and our gunsmiths are very busy arming our nations fine defenders. Our spies tell of evil plans of conquest formed by the false Gods but with our allies we are ready for any unprovoked attacks.

We are ready to step in if the false Gods knife there allies in the back (as is there way) , our Mighty allience shall see world peace prevail.
That is easy to say for a mighty alliance that covers half the world.

Captain Deiticus has spoken with deity and is happy to report that in all his planetary conquests he has not once attacked this uncouth lout, despite being attacked unprovoked by both him and the Aztecs in other life times....
Be warned Scipio, you do not know where the true enemy lies.
Deiticus and his line have NEVER attacked unless in self defence. Spotlessness is that important. But these, who you call allies and innocently run to their aid (if a little blindly), are forthright aggressors willing to see war in any diplomatic dialog... I'm shocked to see that it is you Scipio who first utters this word, 'war', for it is you who has most to lose.
Let not blind loyalty deceive you!

Look at the facts.

The Aztecs deliberately set sail to colonise Cantonese islands BEFORE building their home land. An area was pegged out by them, so as to make it inaccessable to others and forcing the Cantonese to cling to the East coast.

Are you a leader who might change the course of history, diplomatically? Or are you happy to blunder into "war"?

I suggest the world looks carefully at this situation with a view to easing tensions. Propose a plan to clearly establish borders on the world map and maybe we can give a little ground?

It troubles me deeply that the Western Alliance very quickly jumps into macho mode.... and spreading false rumours.

Why, none of us have much better than Musketeers and little more than one unit per city....... except for those mighty Atlantean armies.
Old February 5, 2002, 20:31   #74
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 12:00
It is interesting that so much is known of the interior of the Aztec lands, when no explorers but Aztec has ever been there.
Old February 5, 2002, 20:37   #75
Frank Johnson
King

Makeo I did make the map myself and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do a cities / territory problem...so why don't you take your accusations elsewhere....you put up a ring of a few cities, and spent all your time pumping those up to near 20 pop each (top 5 cities) I know where my territory ends, and where Hydey's ends...the rest is yours....
Old February 5, 2002, 23:56   #76
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Makeo
It is interesting that so much is known of the interior of the Aztec lands, when no explorers but Aztec has ever been there.
If you could see my map you could easily surmise your territory;
and it's on ozzy's posted maps anyway.

This is not like you Makeo.
Old February 6, 2002, 19:22   #77
Makeo
King

Local Time: 12:00
Old February 8, 2002, 03:02   #78
deity
Emperor

Ok:)
Point taken...

OOC:

Listen everyone!
You'll get more out of the game if you get into the political intrigue and all that involves, over and above the normal story telling - IMHO

LOL, and Nappy is going for super growth...

jj

Also, we all get tewmpted to use icq for secret comms but I suggest we only use King chat to deepen the intrigue...
Dang and I are using KC excusively now, so maybe it's time for that listening post Makeo (in case you don't already have one!)
Old February 8, 2002, 03:29   #79
deity
Emperor

OOC: The Building Bug!
Can anyone enlighten us so that me and Makeo can avoid this bug... ie, rush buying improvements take the money but when you next look the building has no more shields than when you bought it!!

I'm not sure but I think rush buying when you hit enter at the end of your turn may have something to do with it? Best to wait until it moves on fully to the next player...

But, Help please, someone!!
Old February 8, 2002, 05:21   #80
Hydey
Emperor

It has not happened to me but I have done all my rush buying and other micro management stuff while it was other players turns, so perhaps Deity is on to something about not doing anything until the game has definately moved on to the next player.

Old February 8, 2002, 22:04   #81
Frank Johnson
King

I've actually had the opposite effect

Sheilds and cash back!

But I don't know if it can be repeated.

Losing the sheilds is an effect of buying stuff at a bad time. Usually buying in the middle of your own turn, or well away in the order from yours is best. This bug has been assoicated with near turn switches and buying sutff, right?

The getting gold one stiuation is entirely different though.
Old February 9, 2002, 20:20   #82
winzity
Prince

Local Time: 19:00
You should not do city magment on your turn. Just press enter on all popups...
Old February 9, 2002, 20:31   #83
deity
Emperor

Exactly...
Quote:
Originally posted by winzity
This what I do but I may be doing it too quick.
Old February 9, 2002, 21:42   #84
Hydey
Emperor

Too much speed again Deity.

Old February 10, 2002, 17:25   #85
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by winzity
simpler still is to turn all pop ups off. Then during others turns check all your cities !!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 16, 2002, 02:15   #86
Flatlander Fox
Civilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 20:00
If a sub is needed...
I am happy to oblige.

I am normally available EVERY Saturday night. (GMT-5) EST

Which file do I D-load, Pg. 1 or Pg. 2 version?

Old February 16, 2002, 02:24   #87
Frank Johnson
King

the first one should be fine since we are playing on saves now.....the updated .scn isnt needed.
Old February 16, 2002, 20:30   #88
Frank Johnson
King

This is the new scenario........over right the old one..
Attached Files:
File Type: scn dip.scn (76.2 KB, 8 views)
Old February 17, 2002, 00:23   #89
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:00
Quite an interesting session! The last place Atlanteans launched a surprise attack on the first place Carthaginians temporarily capturing their capital and a second city...

I'm supposed to go on a golfing trip next weekend so I'll be needing a sub for the S Americans (USA). I'll be asking a few people to see if they can fill in. The Fox can sub for the Atlanteans again if Winzity doesn't show or for me if I cant find a sub. It's probably better he take the Atlanteans again if Winzity doesn't show.
Old February 17, 2002, 01:28   #90
Hydey
Emperor

The world is plunged into the darkness of war, fortuanately Hydey and his drunken Ukranians had solid peace treaties with all the world and our taverns remain open for the enjoyment of all.
Hydey suggests we all have a good drink and when we wake up in the morning this nightmare may have ended.