Old January 7, 2002, 00:45   #1
cheerful
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Firaxis: Please stack more than 2 workers
I have over 30 workers on auto. Now they don't stack more than 2 on the pollution. The rest will SLEEP in the city. Since pollution seems to the biggest cause of pollution, this leads to pollution every turn. Why the hell do my workers sleep in the city while there is pollution next to them? This forces me to micromanage all workers for cleaning pollution and it takes over 10 non-industrial workers to clean up pollution up in the mountains.

This really really sucks and I will stop playing until this problem is fixed.
Old January 7, 2002, 00:51   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:01
Really? I use *Shift-P* (Cntrl?). They go after the pollution till it's gone. They will stack as many as are available.

What command do you use to automate them? Did this start happening after the patch?

Salve
Old January 7, 2002, 01:40   #3
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 08:01
I too have noticed this bug, but only on the AI teams, as I don't use automated workers myself. However, I will use them when Firaxis creates some SMAC style prefrences for them. Other than manual or pollution only automation, I know of no solutions.
Old January 7, 2002, 07:44   #4
Marko Polo
Warlord

Temporary fix to the pollution problem
It's obvious that shift+P sending only two workers to a polluted square after the patch is bug. It worked fine before patch.

So, to reduce the extremely dull micromanagement of finding polluted squared and clean them manually, I have done the following:

Go to the editor and change the "base value" for "pollution cleaning" to for example 8. That way industrious civ workers in demo clean the pollution with those two workers thus reducing the micromanagement.

Also use governor to manage citizens so that the cleaned tile gets worked automatically again.

Surely Firaxis will fix this in their next patch but right now I haven't found better way to handle this problem.
Old January 7, 2002, 13:07   #5
cheerful
Chieftain

Keep them ready to work
The automated worker will lose its turn even if they do nothing on that (sleeping in the city). This makes it impossible if you want to use them for different purpose once the automation step is over (and it is not easy to find all the sleeping workers). I think they should have a different programming state for the automated sleeping worker so that you can still manually order them to do sth after their turns are passed by automation.
Old January 7, 2002, 19:22   #6
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 21:01
I think that only two workers go after the patch.
Wich is really bad.
I want to have all workers cleaning pollution if it is possibile.
Old January 7, 2002, 19:28   #7
Setsuna
Warlord

Local Time: 14:01
This is the problem that utterly destroyed the game for me.
Old January 8, 2002, 04:50   #8
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
They put the automated worker function in so we wouldnt have to needlessly micromanage.
They stopped workers helping others, so we would have to micromanage again.

They should be aware of this problem, and it couldnt be hard at all to change back to the pre-patch style - where workers actually did work rather than sleeping all day.
And seeing as its so easy to fix, it would be nice if they mentioned that it would be in the next patch, so we could all stop complaining about this.