Old January 8, 2002, 14:23   #1
cheerful
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Firaxis: Suggestion on Automating Worker
1. Try NOT to waste a worker's turn in movement.

1a. Do NOT move more than 1 workers to a tile without road. Move only one worker there and build the road and let the rest come when the road is completed. Let them build road on different tile -- this is an exception to stacking as much as possible.

1b. If possible, let the worker do some work along the movement. For example, 2 movement and build mine. It seems to be working right now. So please don't break it (like the pollution)

2. Stack workers (when no turn is wasted by movement) until the work on the tile is completed. This make it possible to utilize the improvement earlier. This is a MUST for pollution cleanup. Currently, it works only for building railroad. For all other task, max 2 workers are stacked. The exception is building road since it waste some worker's turn.

3. Leave the jungle/tundra as the last job. My workers are on the jungle when there are still other places to work on. This may be the result for the 2-stack limit problem.

4. Give the sleeping worker a special status so that I can wake them up for some special command later in the turn. They loose the turn without doing anything. This makes it hard to use auto-worker in war time as I need them to go to the newly conquested places.