Old September 3, 2000, 20:39   #31
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 17:42
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I had once sugested it to my Social Studies teacher in 6th grade but my class was pretty bad so I don't think it will happen any time soon. I showed it to him once and he liked it though.

------------------
"Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"
Old September 4, 2000, 19:27   #32
MrCat
Settler

Local Time: 22:42
Look what I learned mommy:

The destroyer is a very bad ship, riflemen are much better than them.

Phalanx can destroy Battleships

People live forever

Lenin's fear of the corruption in his communist government was fake. Everybody knows that Communism has no corruption.
Old September 7, 2000, 16:00   #33
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

I was a games shop quite recently where a kid was making his mum buy him Age of Empires II on the grounds that he 'needed it for homework'. Whether or not it was true I just about fell over at the gall of the lad/ guilability of the mother or the incredible negligence of the teacher.

That said, my brother did his degree in history and he can't get enough of Civ. He has weird tactics based on real life though that don't work too well mind you.

Also, the first time he played Sim City 2000 he started in 1900 and spent the first fifteen years setting up his town so it would deal with a war economy well...I thought it was quite charming that he couldn't work out why the newspapers never mentioned the Great War.

Hey I just thought, why do you never get Zepplins in the early years of Sim City, that'd rock!
Old September 7, 2000, 16:02   #34
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

I was a games shop quite recently where a kid was making his mum buy him Age of Empires II on the grounds that he 'needed it for homework'. Whether or not it was true I just about fell over at the gall of the lad/ guilability of the mother or the incredible negligence of the teacher.

That said, my brother did his degree in history and he can't get enough of Civ. He has weird tactics based on real life though that don't work too well mind you.

Also, the first time he played Sim City 2000 he started in 1900 and spent the first fifteen years setting up his town so it would deal with a war economy well...I thought it was quite charming that he couldn't work out why the newspapers never mentioned the Great War.

Hey I just thought, why do you never get Zepplins in the early years of Sim City, that'd rock!