Old January 11, 2002, 14:04   #1
msmith50
Settler

Local Time: 14:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ANY WAY to rush forbidden palace?
In an effort to solve the 1 shield cities problem, I'd like to build the forbidden palace. Can't gold rush a small wonder, and even tries building the biggest non-wonder item possible, rushing that, then switching to the palace. The game is smart enough to disallow that!

I've heard the "migrating palace" strategy, where you rebuild your actual palace in cities where corruption isn't too bad, slowly moving it to the corrputed area. This would then allow you to build the forbidden palace in the corrupted area then move your real palace back.

What about building the forbidden palace right next to the city with your real palace, then migrating the real palace to the corrupted area, and leave it there? Will the forbidden palace do as good of a job at preventing corrpution in the core cities that are now so far away from the real palace?

Somebody also mentioned that lumberjacking might work. Anybody tried that? Can you lumberjack to build the forbidden palace? Can you switch to a big non-wonder project, lumberjack that, then switch to forbidden palace, or is the game again too smart to allow this?
Old January 11, 2002, 14:12   #2
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sorry to report that about the only way to do it is with a Great Leader.... At least, if you want it done sometime within a few centuries of starting it!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.