Old January 11, 2002, 21:05   #1
DarkForce
Settler

Local Time: 21:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2 Questions
Q1: Can i edit a saved game? How? i mean change things such a a civ's gold or create units etc..

Q2: how long approx. does each turn take on your pc from the end of the industrial ages up to the end of the modern age?

i have

athlon 1333 (266)
512 pc133 sdram
geforce2 mx400 64mb
ibm 21gb 60gxp ata100 hard disk
Windows ME

i play on huge map & 14civs and each turn takes about 5-6 mins and sometimes up to 10mins!! i have everything enabled (animations,sound etc) and i play with the cd in (no no-cd patch)

is there a way to decrease the turn time?
Old January 11, 2002, 22:24   #2
AkwaticDudeCity
Warlord

Local Time: 19:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: 2 Questions
Quote:
Q1: Can i edit a saved game? How? i mean change things such a a civ's gold or create units etc..
No.

Quote:
Q2: how long approx. does each turn take on your pc from the end of the industrial ages up to the end of the modern age?
Obviously, that would depend on the amount of micromanagement, diplomacy, planning etc. to be performed every turn. Or do you mean the amount of time it takes the PC to process the input and move on to the next turn? That depends on how many AI units there are. The last time i played with more than 7 competitors, i used everything; huge map and 15 competitors. But that stunk big time. Diplomacy was especially annoying; my machine simply crashed after i had contacted a few civs in a row. It took the PC enough time to move to the next turn for me to read several pages of the newspaper. I don't do that anymore (playing with 15 competitors that is). Now i'm sticking to 7 competitors. I've heard it doesn't matter how powerful your machine is (unless maybe it has a gazillion GHZ), with more AI units, it'll be very slow as a rule...

Quote:
is there a way to decrease the turn time?
...so yes, play with less civs. That's the only way.