Old February 27, 2002, 19:50   #331
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I dont care anymore Case do what ya want i just wanna play Civ2 thats why i'm here!

-----------------------

I'm still no cheater!
Old February 27, 2002, 20:18   #332
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I don't think Soundwave was cheating, as I said, i just said I'd be angry if he did. So let's continue...Back to emailing the plans for having Austria and settling boundaries? I think Soundwave's last email seemed good. Will continue via email.
Old February 28, 2002, 01:43   #333
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
I'll play my turn when we finally resolve this Austria issue. Is there going to be an Austria? As I've said, I'm personally opposed to it, but I'll go with the majority decision.

If Soundwave does end up taking Austria, then perhaps James Jirk would like Britain. Spain stays with the AI, because I'm busy defeating her
Old February 28, 2002, 05:25   #334
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:15
As I said in my email, I'm all for Soundwave taking Austria
Old February 28, 2002, 05:36   #335
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by winterfritz
James Jirk
Dosn't it suck how the j & k keys are next to each other
Old February 28, 2002, 06:20   #336
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
James Jirk
Oops

I'm sorry, JamesJKirk. I didn't read your name properly when I saw it. I don't really think you're a jirk

I'm ok with you taking Britain and Soundwave taking Austria if everyone else agrees (El Awrence doesn't want Britain or Austria.)

Last edited by winterfritz; February 28, 2002 at 06:27.
Old February 28, 2002, 08:38   #337
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
For me it's alright if Soundwave takes Austria and JamesJKirk takes Britain.

My only worry is that I'll need a lot of renegociating with both countries if their leaders change

But I would like to know who is who, and to have an opportunity to discuss things with them before I play my next turns...
Old February 28, 2002, 12:50   #338
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:15
I was willing to let the "Jirk" thing slide, since it didn't seem to malicious, but thanks for clearing it up. Not only does it suck that J and K are next to each other, but also that my last name even rhymes with jerk, oh well.

Britain would be fine with me, as long as it's cool with you all. I'll get working on a little policy statement to state my goals and whatnot in the near future.

so just tell me any questions or anything you have.
My AIM screenname is , but with all you Oceanians I'm not sure how much we'll actually be around at the same time

Last edited by JamesJKirk; May 19, 2004 at 01:56.
Old February 28, 2002, 18:57   #339
Case
Emperor

Welcome aboard Kirk

We're using modified rules that extend ship movements by 50% (which I've attached), and have a rule that turns should be played within 48 hours of the file being posted.

I suggest that you guys swap passwords, so that we can get the momentum of this game back ASAP
Attached Files:
File Type: txt rules.txt (26.5 KB, 4 views)
Old February 28, 2002, 20:26   #340
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 14:15
I'm OK with having Kirk as Britain and Soundwave as Austria. One thing: Let's divide the rest of Germany up first.
Old February 28, 2002, 21:53   #341
Soundwave
Prince

So do you want me to stay as britian till i conquer rest of Germany, or play Germany turns from now on!? (i think the German playing is better, so i can disband the units?)

So winterfritz play then me? and i'll disband all units?? YES? as pre-ordered in the Treaty of Berlin

Someone send JKirk a map of 'divided germany'

Also how do i swap passwords? Has El got one?
Old March 1, 2002, 02:57   #342
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:15
The Times
A Statement from the New Prime Minister:

Following the conclusion of hostilities between the Entente powers and the German Empire, and the resignation of President Richards, parliament reasserted its traditional authority and reduced the Presidency to a ceremonial post allowing for a return to the speedy, efficient "fusion of power" that Britons are used to. Newly elected Liberal Prime Minister James J. Kirk spoke from 10 Downing Street today:

"We are at a great crossroads in our common history. The "Concert of Europe" has ended, the ways of Prussian militarism and subordinance to the state are over. A new order must take shape, not one based on power politics and stabbing your neighbor in the back, but one of individual spirit and common identity.
We shall fight to open markets from protectionist statism and free peoples from autocracy: The peoples of the Austrian empire should be given self-rule, and should move toward a more enlightened form of government as soon as possible, as their new leader stays on the course of peace, Great Britain promises her help where she needs it. And the Spanish people shall live free, I assure you. The tyranny of General Alfonso Ignaro cannot be tolerated by civilized nations.

At the heart of political freedom is economic freedom, so we propose vast amounts of trade between nations, on a scale never before seen, with the ultimate goal of eradicating human misery as much as humanly possible, and raising the standards of living continentwide. Thank you."
Old March 1, 2002, 03:20   #343
Soundwave
Prince

As President Richards retired today, he boasted how in the years of his reign The British Empire became huger and created the stabitly of Europe with his Russian/ Italian/ French Parnters.

With this he retires to his country estate outta of Kent, near the local pub.

Last edited by Soundwave; March 1, 2002 at 03:30.
Old March 1, 2002, 03:25   #344
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
and created the stabitly of Europe with his Russian Partner.
What about his French and Italian allies?!
Old March 1, 2002, 03:43   #345
Soundwave
Prince

New President for Austria

With the destruction of the German Reich by the marvolous British and brave Russian Forces, the Austrian Confederation has split away from the German Empire making itself independant and liberal. As for Bulgaria, the Austrian Delagation that met with the Entente stated that Bulgaria was to be under Russian 'Protectorate'.

Under the Berlin Treaty, the Austrian Confederation will be in effect independant, and all nations are to begin a withdrawal from Austrian Land. As pre-arranged for indepenance the Italian Empire gets the Cities on the Araditic Coast, and 200gold bullian and technology's.

The British have demanded nothing and the France has said nothing but good will to the New Independant Country. As for Spain, Spain is no concern of ours the new President stated.

The Ottmans, will be allied to the Austrians, fo rthe Austrians, will still want the money owed to them thourgh British Banks
(ie countries might have changed, but you dont get off getting something for nothing Mr)
Old March 1, 2002, 04:23   #346
Cyrion
King

The Ottoman Empire is pleased to welcome the Austrian Confederation among the European Nations.

The Sultan hopes that strong ties between Austria and Turkey will be established soon.

The Sultan hopes that the politic of the new british government towards the Ottoman Empire will not change and that the British Empire will further help us to develop peacefully!

About the money: what do you think Mr, I always pay my debts!!! But... I don't really know wether I owe money to Soundwave or to Britain .

I think that Britain lent me money, but as it is not a big sum (for Britain, that is... not for me!!) and Austria might need it much more, let's consider that President Richards misappropriated the money and that it will be return to his private account in a bank in Vienna (though Zurich might have been more appropriate... ).
Old March 1, 2002, 04:41   #347
Soundwave
Prince

So all agreed, El's outta the game...

El can i have the password of your saves things, coz i wanna have my go please, and not wait a whole turn and a half.

I wanna get started quickly!

Thank you

and JamesJkirk, i'll tell you my password, when i get el's.. whos holding up the game and winterfritz... grr! LOL
Old March 1, 2002, 05:02   #348
Cyrion
King

Bye El, see you in Greece or North America
Old March 1, 2002, 06:30   #349
Case
Emperor

La Republica
Italy welcomes the new Europe

In a speech given to cheering crowds, King Case today welcomed the newly won independance of Austria. The King stated that "the Italian government hopes, and indeed expects, that our relationship with Austria will be warmer then our relationship with the German-Austrian monstrocity".

Foreign Office Issues Statement on Italian-Austrian Treaty

Following the King's speech, the Italian foreign ministry issued a statement outlining the treaty between Austria and Italy.
According to the treaty's conditions, Austria will gain access to the port of Split in return for an Austrian payment of money, and on the condition that the Austrians never build warships in this port. The city will be surrendered next month.
Old March 1, 2002, 06:44   #350
Case
Emperor

Logistics
I've talked to a few people about surrendering cities, and it dosn't appear to be possible in a Civ 2 PBEM [though I would be very happy to be proved wrong].
As a result, it seems that the only way El can 'surrender' is by disbanding/donating his entire military, and then allowing occupation armies to move in (which shouldn't be a problem as there are no Guerillas yet).
Old March 1, 2002, 08:28   #351
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
Negotiations in Leipzig
Although all major European nations have agreed to the creation of an independent Austria in Berlin, the new borders across central Europe still need to be worked out. For this purpose Entente diplomats have moved to the neighbouring city of Leipzig. Once the treaties that are being drawn up there are ratified, the Second Reich will be divided into four occupation zones, one for each Entente power, while Greater Austria will remain independent as a homeland for German refugees.

The End of the Entente
But just as the Entente is at the peak of its success, it is being dissolved. 'The primary purpose of the Entente was as a safeguard against German aggression,' a spokesperson said today. 'So regretfully, it has no place in this post-Second Reich Europe.'

The Premier Winterfritz has expressed his utmost regret at the imminent end of the alliance, of which France was a founding member, and hopes that all of the former Entente members will maintain close ties with France well into the future.
Old March 1, 2002, 08:32   #352
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
I've talked to a few people about surrendering cities, and it dosn't appear to be possible in a Civ 2 PBEM [though I would be very happy to be proved wrong].
So should I just play my turn now, and wait for El to give Soundwave his password so he can disband all his units? Or maybe you want to try this internet thing anyway, El. I'm free to go online anytime tomorrow, perhaps we could organise a time to meet on MSN and give this a shot?
Old March 1, 2002, 14:48   #353
Soundwave
Prince

i found out from an ancient PBEM in CIv Fanantics and its impossible to do it, coz everyones save and everything esle is different, so winterfritz have your turn and i'll wait for el to give me his password..
Old March 1, 2002, 19:39   #354
Case
Emperor

Oops
Kirk, I attached an old file -We've changed the rules again to include submarines (see the attached file)

Fritz, I say that you play your turn, then Soundwave can play his turn in which he'll disband the German Military, and evacuate all the towns which are to be surrendered.

BTW Soundwave, are you still going to give me the Austrian fleet?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip subs.zip (10.8 KB, 1 views)
Old March 1, 2002, 20:09   #355
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
We've changed the rules again to include submarines
Did we? I didn't notice

Oh well, if everyone agrees, then its fine by me.

I'll post my turn shortly.
Old March 1, 2002, 20:10   #356
Cyrion
King

Change in rules
Not that I mind the change, but did we agree on a change of the rules???

It doesn't change anything for me, but I don't remember having been asked whether it was alright for me or not

So, what rule am I to use form now on?? And in the future, please ask (even if I play a second rate country!!)...
Old March 1, 2002, 20:13   #357
Case
Emperor

Sorry
I posted those changes a few days ago, and as nobody seemed to criticise them I assumed that they had been accepted
Old March 1, 2002, 20:28   #358
Soundwave
Prince

LOL i didn't know there were new rules!!
Old March 1, 2002, 20:33   #359
Cyrion
King

Well, it seems there was some misunderstanding...

And it seems we are nearly all online now as we all posted in a few minutes...

But I'm off right now, it's getting late for me...
Old March 1, 2002, 21:13   #360
winterfritz
Prince

Ok, I'll play my turn with the old rules then. We can always change later.