Old November 21, 2002, 22:27   #901
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010

Old November 22, 2002, 21:56   #902
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:16
Nothing much happened....
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1906nov.net (204.8 KB, 2 views)
Old November 22, 2002, 22:33   #903
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

More internal improvements. unfortunately a British freight is blocked in Hungary, but if it goes around the RR bypass construction, it should have clear sailing.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1907jan.net (204.8 KB, 3 views)
Old November 22, 2002, 22:38   #904
The ANZAC
King

Also when do we want to restore Germany? DO you want me to begin now? I can add them with CivTweak and then we can decide on what techs they get. I'll post the map of what land is being ceded
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	germany1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	29889  
Old November 22, 2002, 22:48   #905
Choke
Prince

Have you already decided who is going to play Germany? I'd like to if you haven't got anyone else yet.
Old November 22, 2002, 22:58   #906
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

ANZAC:
I say go for it, unless there's anything else that needs to be done. I'm going to try to collect all the info and conditions for the new Germany that we set up, as I'm sure most of you forgot what we agreed on as well as me.

Choke:
Sorry, but El Awrence won the election for German Chancellor, you should've thrown your hat in however many months ago we decided to do this
Old November 22, 2002, 23:34   #907
The ANZAC
King

Kirk: ok, so I'll wait to set it up. I don't know yet how we are going to trade the cities and techs to Germany, and which techs specifically and which govt it should start as, as I can set that in CivTweak.

Choke: sorry, but I don't think you were even registered when we decided on Germany But you are welcome to take Spain

Everyone: Don't play this save yet. Once the techs and procedure is determined I will post the save with Russia's agreed upon cities handed over.

If any of what I said is unclear, speak now or forever hold your peace
Old November 22, 2002, 23:39   #908
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:16
Chancellor Martin von Karreras is eager to govern the new Germany of post occupation.
Old November 22, 2002, 23:59   #909
Choke
Prince

Sure, I'll take Spain.
Old November 23, 2002, 03:28   #910
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:16
The democratic government of Turkey will be free to assist in the creation of the new german state!!

Of course, we can't be of much help except for moral support...

Welcome back in the game, El Awrence!
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old November 23, 2002, 05:43   #911
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Choke: ANZAC was joking - Spains only got one tiny city left
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old November 24, 2002, 02:12   #912
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:16
Quote:
Choke: ANZAC was joking - Spains only got one tiny city left
Allowed to govern itself in nominal independence by the invincible French Army units camped outside the walls

If you want, Anzac, I'm more than happy to fix up techs, cities, etc with the save; I already did a test-run of the reinstation a while back with an old save, and am reasonably confident I can set everything up without problems. We should, however, make sure we've got absolutely clear what techs/units/improvements Germany gets, and what conditions they must fulfill, before we proceed with this.

Last edited by winterfritz; November 24, 2002 at 02:20.
Old November 24, 2002, 06:00   #913
Choke
Prince

Oh, I thought you were adjusting borders to remake Spain too .
Old November 24, 2002, 14:01   #914
The ANZAC
King

Sure, on your turn we can restore Germany. I posted the map of the first 6 cities to be given. Everything else we need to decide.
Old November 24, 2002, 16:50   #915
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I'm still sorting through all the stuff we talked about earlier....there sure was a lot, I'll post what we agreed or didn't agree to later today

EDIT: I've looked through about 6 pages of stuff, #s 35-40, just so you know if you want to check it out yourselves. It looks like we'd made some agreements since that latest map that ANZAC just reposted, and there were several lingering issues that weren't resolved before we were all distracted by the series of railway disputes.

Last edited by JamesJKirk; November 24, 2002 at 17:24.
Old November 24, 2002, 22:33   #916
The ANZAC
King

Ah yes, those railway disputes and the still-born ERC!
Old November 24, 2002, 23:27   #917
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I typed up a whole long explanation, but lost my connection as I was trying to post it, so here I go again
The handover will occur in 4 phases and there are 4 zones to go w/ this: Interim, Provisional, Occupation, and Plebescite. The map ANZAC posted accurately shows the first phase, the only difference I believe is that Hambug, Luebeck, Cologne, Dortmund, Prague and Vienna are all Occupation Zones.

It was bascially agreed that prerequisite for Germany to move past the first phase would have something to do w/ becoming a democracy. A combination of all suggestions would be to have Germany start as a monarchy, then have to research democracy, revolt and become one, and build a palace in Berlin. Germany will also be forbidden from having a password for a certain amount of time, and the Chancellor will be subject to reelection between each phase, or I propose, it one of the Occupying Powers calls for one. As for which techs Germany should have, will the game remember which ones it had when it was defeated?

On the military, there were several proposals floating around for limits, having to do w/ either numerical limits or limits on types of units. I would suggest both, perhaps limit Germany to half or twothirds as many units as Italy or Turkey, and forbid it from having heavy artillery, Armored Cruisers and Battleship-type ships, and eventually tanks and air units. There were suggestions that these last a certain amount of time, but I have no idea how long would be good.

There was also a suggestion that we allow El Awrence some input in what we're building in the cities to be handed over, but I think everyone forgot, so we can go ahead and start this for the second wave of cities and beyond.

For the Plebiscite Areas, it was agreed that Cyrion would be the Plebiscite Moniter, but beyond that, we had no clue how to work this out, so that still needs to be figured out, but we have time.

Also, there were questions about what should be in the cities when we hand them over. I've gone ahead and just left leftover 1 Prussian Conscript in each of the cities so far, does that work?
Old November 24, 2002, 23:41   #918
Dr. Nick
Deity

Just don't give me a Dresden civ.

I'd like to be democratic too.
Old November 25, 2002, 07:16   #919
winterfritz
Prince

One of France's proposed conditions is that our eventual frontier with Germany be recognized as the Rhine, and that we be allowed to continue occupying our forts on that river (even though some of these are within two tiles of future German cities).
Old November 25, 2002, 22:09   #920
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I forgot to put that, I have no problem with that, other than what ANZAC said earlier, so long as Germany is able to use its resources, so the forts either have to be on worthless tiles, or you have to have an alliance, which I think we all should do w/ Germany
Old November 25, 2002, 22:55   #921
The ANZAC
King

Yes, the fortresses must not hinder German use of the squares at all. Alliance is good, but what if it ends? Then how do we work it out?
Old November 25, 2002, 23:06   #922
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Well if the alliance is cancelled, France's units will automatically be moved out of German territory, so I don't see a problem there
Old November 26, 2002, 18:07   #923
winterfritz
Prince

The forts do not hinder German movement at all; there are bypasses around them. AFAIK too, they're on worthless tiles for the most part.

The restoration period can be regarded as sort of a trial period for this measure; if problems arise with these fortifications, France will be happy to work something out with Germany's interim government.
Old November 26, 2002, 18:20   #924
winterfritz
Prince

Another thing: are we willing to give Germany their unique national tech? While this does (I think) lead to scary powerful German units in the future, I do think it would make things more interesting... and its kind of unfair to make Germany have to put up with substandard default conscripts etc (sorry Cyrion - maybe you can have the German tech too ).

One idea: perhaps Germany could be awarded her special tech at one of the later interim stages of the restoration, after she has proved 'mature' enough (or whatever - rich enough to bribe us all, maybe ) to use it.

Last edited by winterfritz; November 26, 2002 at 18:28.
Old November 26, 2002, 18:39   #925
Dr. Nick
Deity

Uhm, the tech should be there by default.
Old November 26, 2002, 18:41   #926
Dr. Nick
Deity

If Germany is to recognise the Rhine as a border, we ask that this be a temporary border so that the reinclusion of areas of German majority be given the possibility of reuniting with Germany in the future. The same goes with the rest of people holding onto more German cities.
Old November 26, 2002, 18:42   #927
winterfritz
Prince

I don't think the tech is there, because Germany was totally destroyed - when we restart it, it will have zero tech AFAIK.

Quote:
If Germany is to recognise the Rhine as a border, we ask that this be a temporary border so that the reinclusion of areas of German majority be given the possibility of reuniting with Germany in the future. The same goes with the rest of people holding onto more German cities.
I don't like this German leader, lets get a new one

Seriously though: France is unwilling to discuss the matter of the Rhine frontier. Germany can either accept the matter of the frontier, or attack France, get beaten to a bloody pulp by France's invincible armies, and then meekly accept the matter of the frontier.

Last edited by winterfritz; November 26, 2002 at 18:52.
Old November 26, 2002, 19:09   #928
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Well if Germany as well as the techs are all the way gone, we could open up the last turn that it played in and see what it has and go from there, and maybe, if we're nice decided to give Germany a couple more techs.

Britain backs France on the issue of the Rhineland. All of us have been nice enough to give Germany what land it will receive, any further exchange of territory will have to be done bilaterally and after the full transition period, or as France said, by fruitless attempts at conquest.
Old November 27, 2002, 03:29   #929
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:16
Quote:
Originally posted by winterfritz
France's invincible armies
Yeah, sure...

Oh, you meant in the game, sorry!

So guys, I don't know if I have my say in this matter (as I wasn't involved in the war against Germany), but well, I'll speak as a fellow player then...

First, I think Germany need to have the German tech from the start: they ARE german, after all...

And if we want to hinder them from getting the strong units too fast, then you can act on the other techs you give them (limiting them, I mean...)

As for the techs they have from the start, I think the one they had at the end of the war would be alright: the occupation has logically hindered their scientific development, and it's not as if they lost 10s of techs!

Of course, if you think they would be much too far behind, then give them a few techs, but only those without any military application, maybe??

But once again, these are just player's thoughts and don't reflect in any matter the opinion of the Turkish government...
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old November 27, 2002, 19:19   #930
The ANZAC
King

I agree with Cyrion: Germany should get all its techs back, but just have unit restrictions on types and numbers.

Also France can have their border at the Rhine if they allow the Rhine River squares to be a DMZ and then the fortresses would be on the French side.