Old April 29, 2003, 21:16   #1171
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Our officials in London, as well as in Germany are still looking over the proposal. We are tilted favorably to the idea, since Germany should be for Germans. We are currently sporadically digging through our archives for the arrangement that was originally agreed to by Britain, France and Russia just to check things over.
Also, Kiel will not be given to Germany as that has been rightfully returned to Denmark. However, we have no problem returning control of Hamburg. Also we would require a guarantee of the freedom of German railways so that Denmark could easily be reached from other Commonwealth lands.
Old April 29, 2003, 22:49   #1172
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 14:16
Quote:
Originally posted by JamesJKirk Also we would require a guarantee of the freedom of German railways so that Denmark could easily be reached from other Commonwealth lands.
Of course.
Old April 29, 2003, 23:00   #1173
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Russia is glad Britain plans to repatriate cities, however there seems to be some "fuzzy logic" behind the reasoning for keeping Kiel. It never was traditionally Danish and Germany has had control of it for a substantial time. Also, there seems to be a slightly ulterior motive as giving Kiel back would inconvience British ships traveling to the Baltic from the North Sea. Just an observation ofcourse

And now Minister Gorgorov waits for France's reply....

OOC: I guess we can begin the Russian and British transactions ASAP? Darius, let us know how to do this whether it be CivDip or being online to trade. You can keep the units left in my cities they are German Conscripts and should go back to you anyway.
Old April 29, 2003, 23:19   #1174
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Germany has no problem with Britain keeping Kiel. While there is still a considerable German population in Schieswig-Holstein, the interim government acknowledges that our occupation of the area was gained illegitimately by war and the militaristic machinations of Bismarck. We also acknowledge that Kiel's naval base and the Kiel Canal are some of the Royal Navy's most important assets, and we'd be pushing our luck to ask for it back this early.

As long as our brethren there continue to benefit from the democratic freedoms of all British protectorates, we are willing to let them remain under Danish administration.

OOC: IIRC, when a garrisoned city is gifted with CivDip, the unit inside it disappears. I haven't seen this myself, but that's what conmcb25 tells me and he was involved with the project. For this reason I'd prefer live trades, unless he was wrong about the units (I'll ask him next time I see him on AIM).

Anyway, with the end of the semester I don't know if I'll be around enough to do a bunch of online trades, so if CivDip gifts seriously don't include garrisons, then there's no harm in waiting until my finals are over in 2 weeks. Considering gameplay's been slow lately that shouldn't be many turns.
Old April 29, 2003, 23:24   #1175
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:16
Garrisons do disappear Darius when you use CIVDIP. The only way around that is to remove them, move them to a city you are going to keep and rehome them.

You dont need to do that if they are "NON" umits of course.
Old April 29, 2003, 23:25   #1176
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Well would you be wanting our British and Russian garrisons anyhow?
Old April 29, 2003, 23:28   #1177
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesJKirk
Preferably, yes. Nothing more than one unit each though if you have more than that; I just want the cities to fly flags. I don't fear anyone attacking my empty cities or anything, it's more of a courtesy than anything else.

H Tower: what times do you think you would be able to do a transfer in the next few days? I can probably make it since there's no other option.
Old April 30, 2003, 01:21   #1178
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
H Tower: what times do you think you would be able to do a transfer in the next few days? I can probably make it since there's no other option.
thursday afternoon unless you are going to be awake at midnight on wednesday. 16 days from now I will be fully done with exams
Old April 30, 2003, 01:24   #1179
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

thursday afternoon unless you are going to be awake at midnight on wednesday.
Actually I probably will be, let's do it then. I'm juggling between my apartment and my folks' house, so it'd be better on Wednesday since it'll be roughly after my night class.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:58   #1180
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesJKirk
I have german conscripts guarding those cities. He can have those back as they are Germans. that's all. I think german units should be returned to the germans. just my two cents
Old April 30, 2003, 20:47   #1181
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

I agree, but I think I gave all my German Conscripts back with the last handover.
Also, I'll need a turn preparation before returning the cities, as I still have some units homed to those cities and I need to do various moving and whatnot
Old May 1, 2003, 11:22   #1182
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

sorry I wasn't online last night Darius, I came home from class around 10:00pm and just collapsed on my bed. Today will be much kind on me though and I'll be home before 1pm
Old May 1, 2003, 15:58   #1183
H Tower

France believes that now since a reformed German government is now in place, the reconstitution of Germany should begin even quicker than Russia has proposed. Consequently France has turned over Regensberg, Munich AND Nurenberg.

France proposes that In the next phase of the reconstitution of Germany include giving both Frankfurt and Vienna back to Germany so that German civic leaders do not have to travel through French or Russian held territory to travel to the sourthern provinces.

Rail bypass completed around Toulouse! To ease the use of the French rail network by English units heading to and from Occupied Spain, the French Civil Engineering Corps has completed a rail bypass around the city of Toulouse. However, the Bureau of Transportation would like to point out that if the English had contacted the government in Paris, their units would have already reached their destinations.

Green Peace Terrorists Arrested in Lyons, Nancy and Dijon.
In what appears to have been a planned operation, factories producing consumer goods in the three cities were shut down when members of Green Peace threw bits of scrap metal and steel tools into the gears used to operate the massive factories. Damage was estimated at around 100 million Francs. A crackdown on the group throughout France and the occupied regions is expected by experts in the security field, as demanded of by the industrialists. A press release put out by the national headquarters of Green Peace said that, "We can no longer tolerate the Laizze Faire policy of the French government towards the pollution being put out by these huge, polluting factories." Shortly after the statement, the National Police Service came and shut down the office and detained several suspects in relation to the sabotage at the factories. Research done by the National Publique Universidad in Paris confirm what Green Peace has been saying, pollution in France is rising, and the Civil Engineering Corps has been unable to keep up. At current levels of operation by French industry, more than 2100 tons of pollution are released into our air, soil and water. The research report goes on to say that clearly, something must be done...

After addressing numerous more pressing issues such as returning cities to Germany and the recent terrorist attack over pollution, the Legislature turned to the source of Russian ire and the reason behind the terrorist attacks. Pollution and the lack of railroad bypasses. Both are viewed upon by the legislature as a failure by the Civil Engineering Corps (CEC). After an investigation by General Accounting Office (GAO) into the daily operations of the CEC, the resignation of the entire senior staff has been demanded by the Legislature. It may be a few months before the new group of leaders can bring the wasteful CEC up to expected standards. An increase in wages is expected to bring more of the nation's youth to view the CEC as a viable career which will hopefully swell the ranks of available workers.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1908mayaow2france.net (208.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by H Tower; May 1, 2003 at 16:30.
Old May 1, 2003, 22:14   #1184
The ANZAC
King

Russia is glad a much more receptive government is in power in France. We would like to apologize for previous anger and misunderstandings between our 2 countries. While we agree that more cities should be handed over, we will not budge on Vienna. Russia feels Austria should be kept as a separate entity from Germany. however we would be willing to compromise and give Stettin, yet we would like to see more coming from the British sector to Germany before this is done.
As for RR passage to the southern provinces, rail roads will be constructed by Russia as needed, though there should be a decent concection to the French section, which in turn can be linked easily with the Russian cession.

FM Gorgorov
Old May 1, 2003, 23:18   #1185
H Tower

France is curious why Russia is unwilling to turn Vienna over to the Germans, as shown in the latest occupation and reconstitution of Germany plan as put forward by Russia herself, Vienna is clearly marked as an occupied city and within the border of germany once all cities have been returned.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...57#post1472257
Yes, I went back and read the last several hundred posts to look at the plan to remake Germany
Old May 2, 2003, 00:47   #1186
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Yes, I went back and read the last several hundred posts to look at the plan to remake Germany
If you've got that much spare time, I want your job
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old May 2, 2003, 01:02   #1187
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Case

If you've got that much spare time, I want your job
I needed a break from studying ok?
Old May 2, 2003, 20:03   #1188
The ANZAC
King

Russia has responded to this already in private meetings with France: Austria cannot be allowed to be united with Germany, and would offer stettin in consolation. But if france wants to follow the plan faithfully, they would have to turn over even more cities.
Old May 2, 2003, 22:55   #1189
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

What about Salzburg and Linz?
Old May 3, 2003, 09:22   #1190
The ANZAC
King

I consider them on the perifery and are able to be given back. Also, I am telling you about economic factors involved in holding Vienna, mainly it's an important industrial center for Russia.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:19   #1191
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Well I see no need to make a big deal out of this, as long as it's just Vienna and you're also giving back Stettin, that's fine w/ me. I'll also be willing to give Hannover back, to keep with the spirit of things, and all of Germany will be under German control pretty soon
Old May 3, 2003, 17:25   #1192
H Tower

Has Germany reached the requirements for the next phase of returning cities? IIRC, they needed to be in a democracy, which is not the case yet. So they have to wait a few more turns before they get more cities from France and Russia, England has still to hand over some cities though.
Old May 3, 2003, 20:12   #1193
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

It was a republic, not a democracy, and I'm in revolt right now so it should be in 1-2 turns.
Old May 11, 2003, 19:18   #1194
The ANZAC
King

*BUMP* for Darius
Old May 12, 2003, 20:07   #1195
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Democratic reforms complete. (don't expect a 500 word post this week )
Attached Files:
File Type: zip germany_1908_may.zip (50.4 KB, 1 views)
Old May 13, 2003, 14:24   #1196
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:16
Amazing News in Turkey
Today, the turkish military demonstrated how far the still young Democracy has come since the beginning of the century!

For the first time in the history of the world, the newly founded Turkish Air Force flew an amazing leviathan over the incredulous eyes of the international assistance invited for the occasion.

This magnificent monster has been developed by the turkish scientist with the help of a german exilee who left his country and became a turkish citizen during the last war, the Graf von Zeppelin.

The following picture shows the Suleyman cruising over the Black See in his inaugural flight...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	zeppelin.gif
Views:	54
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	44952  
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old May 13, 2003, 14:27   #1197
Cyrion
King

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net turk_1908may.net (208.9 KB, 1 views)
Old May 16, 2003, 02:32   #1198
Cyrion
King

BUMP James!

Come on guys, I try to show off witrh the turkish tech achievements and nobody reacts??
Old May 16, 2003, 21:26   #1199
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Report from British spectators:

"Oooooh! Ahhhhh!"

Sorry, I forgot it was my turn, I'm not at home now, so I'll play and post on Sunday
Old May 17, 2003, 03:24   #1200
Cyrion
King

Thanks for your spontaneous enthousiasm, James!