Old February 11, 2002, 18:07   #211
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Chancellor von Karreras has demanded the free passage of German Armored Cruisers which are literally being "held hostage" by Russian and British ships off Gotenborg. Additionally, he has added that until its release, Russian ships that have tresspassed into German waters around the new province of Denmark will be held back.
How can you make a comparision like that? The Russian Navy blocks one cruiser group and you cut off our whole fleet!! Out of good will, we will withdraw one group to allow the cruiser to leave, if you withdraw as well.

Quote:
Russian units have also been spotted outside Poznan and Lemberg and Germany DEMANDS that these units be WITHDRAWN without any further delay from the German border. In fact, these units are INVADING German territory and they WILL be withdrawn.
You are mistaken. We did not move off the German coast.

Quote:
Denmark has been officially annexed to the German Reich after the capitulation of Copenhaguen and the approval of the Reichstag. It is now a new province of the Reich and as such shall continue to prosper under the rule of Berlin.
We do not acknowledge the German occupation of Denmark. They purposely blocked our fleet so we could not help the Danes!

This is all German propoganda!
Old February 11, 2002, 18:15   #212
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
From the British Foreign Office:

We will support the Russian Empire by any means, and also does not recognise German Soverginity over Denmark, or Belgium/Holland... The British Empire asks the Germans to Leave theres areas immediately.
Old February 11, 2002, 21:27   #213
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:15
Russian cavalry has entered the city sphere several German cities along several points in the front, we demand their withdrawal.
Old February 11, 2002, 22:37   #214
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

We will withdraw as soon as the German Fleet does.
Old February 12, 2002, 04:11   #215
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:15
Small question...
Now that it really seems that Spain will stay under the heel of the dreaded General AI (that is, until the Entente forces liberate the country ), I have a question: is it allowed to have diplomatic contacts with Spain??

Like, for example, to try to trade for techs??
Old February 12, 2002, 05:04   #216
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Clarification
Hello again. In case you weren't aware of it, I'm the designer of this scenario. If someone could please fill me in about how this is working, I would certainly appreciate it. All I'm really curious about is the types of troops/ships/units that are currently in use. If these are "state secrets," then please feel free to PM me. I know that tech trading is rampant in this scenario, but I am wondering how quickly you folks are reaching the infantry tactics tech, the various tank techs, and the dreadnought and battlecruiser techs.

Thanks,
Exile
"Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.
Old February 12, 2002, 05:48   #217
Cyrion
King

Hi Exile,

Great scenario you did there!!

Actually, if I didn't answer to your "military tech" question, it's because... the Turks are not really the most advanced...

So, let's say I've got some Conscripts, some Cavalry and some Field Artillery. For the rest... not yet

But I'm quite sure some of the other Nations might be able to field more modern troops... Let them come and meet our mighty scimitars...
Old February 12, 2002, 09:15   #218
Dr. Nick
Deity

Germany wants U-boats and Type XXIs!
Old February 12, 2002, 19:45   #219
Soundwave
Prince

Russia its your turn!?

or it it France?
Old February 12, 2002, 21:05   #220
The ANZAC
King

I'll play forgot about Spain dropping out.
Old February 12, 2002, 21:30   #221
The ANZAC
King

Communique to Berlin
++++++++++Sorry for delay+++++++Will remove ships from holding position next month++++++++++++++++Plans rely on current position++++++We do not intend to attack Germany++++++STOP

Russian Victories in Rumania

The Russians have had a stunnin victory in Rumania this week. They captured Iasi and Galati and have secured the surrounding areas. Bucharest is the next objective and the Communist guerillas are starting to flee. Unfortunately, Iasi was destroyed in order to flush out the partisans. It will be rebuilt as soon as possible.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1901july.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 13, 2002, 02:56   #222
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
La Repubblica
Spanish War continues

Although there were no encounters with the Spanish navy as spectacular as the Battle of Palma this month, Italian enthusiasm for the war to overthrow the brutal dictator General AI remained high. The Prime Minister Wintero de Fritzi hinted today that soon Italian troops may join the French Army in prosecuting the war on the Iberian penninsular.

The Battle of Palma commemorated

A new medal has been created for distribution among the brave sailors, dead or alive, who took part in the Battle of Palma: the Order of the Middle Sea. In addition, the captain of the battleship Garibaldi, which was sunk during the action, has posthumously recieved the highest honour an Italian can recieve, the new Decoration of the Purple Cloth, an allusion to Rome's past glory.

A ceremony in which the dead as well as survivors of the battle recieved tribute from the Italian people and government took place today in Rome.
Old February 13, 2002, 03:59   #223
winterfritz
Prince

Le Monde
War with Spain continues

This month saw the consolidation of French control of Barcelona, and the dispatch of a large number of warships south. These are expected to bombard other major cities on the Spanish coastline that have been identified as strongholds of General AI.

Premier Winterfritz today refused to comment on rumours that Italian peacekeepers would soon join the French contingent on the Iberian mainland. However, he did say that the French Second Army, under General Jaroque, was not planning to extend its zone of control further inland just yet. 'The rest of the Spanish coast-line will be subdued before we contemplate venturing into the interior,' he said today.

However, with the might of the British, French, Italian and Russian navies behind it, this first phase of the operation should shortly be complete, meaning that the inhabitants of inland Spain do not have long to wait for liberation from the tyrant, General AI.

General releases statement

That same General AI today sent a comminique to major European leaders, stating his firm if foolhardy defiance towards the Entente. 'I will continue to build stupid things in my cities, and I will throw my units at heavily fortified positions until I have no units left,' the statement read. The General finished by saying that he would no longer be taking messages from the rest of Europe, concluding with 'Do you take us for fools? We'd no sooner turn our back on you than find a knife there! Now begone!'

Fez falls after six month siege

While France has entered one war, she has finished another. The Third Army under General Foulon attacked the Moroccan capital of Fez with artillery and native troops. The defenders, starved after a gruelling six month siege, were routed and the tricolour soon flew from the former sultan's palace.

However, local Berbers have vowed to continue the fight against the French and have taken to the hills. Anticipating further unrest in the region, the Third Army remains on active status.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1901july.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by winterfritz; February 13, 2002 at 04:05.
Old February 13, 2002, 04:13   #224
winterfritz
Prince

And heres a new map, to show the not inconsiderable territorial changes since the last one...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map4.gif
Views:	109
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	9866  

Last edited by winterfritz; February 13, 2002 at 05:43.
Old February 13, 2002, 12:05   #225
Cyrion
King

General AI in trouble...
The Grand Vizier today quoted the Sultan:

"This rabbid dog, the so called General AI, will soon regret to have bitten the benevolent hand of the Entente! He is rushing towards his own deserved doom..."

Grand Vizier Cyrion then declared that an Ambassador will be dispatched to the General AI to try to bring him to his senses, if he has any...".
Old February 13, 2002, 17:12   #226
Dr. Nick
Deity

Germany has REITERATED her demands for the removal of RUSSIAN and BRITSH vessels from GERMAN TERRITORIAL WATERS, as well as the IMMEDIATE REMOVAL or RUSSIAN units from GERMAN TERRITORY (look near Poznan in case you forgot )
Attached Files:
File Type: net germany1901july.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 13, 2002, 18:55   #227
The ANZAC
King

They will be pulled back, except around Copenhagen and Kiel. We will remove that once you release those blocked ships that you are keeping from returning to port.
Old February 13, 2002, 21:19   #228
Dr. Nick
Deity

The blockade has been lifted and we demand that likewise the despotic Russians lift theirs.
Old February 13, 2002, 21:56   #229
The ANZAC
King

If what you say is true, we will lift the blockade. But we will only enforce the 2 space rule for Germany. This doesn't include Denmark as it would cut us off from Sweden and we don't recognize your annexation of the country.
Old February 14, 2002, 20:06   #230
Soundwave
Prince

Whos go is it??
Old February 14, 2002, 20:22   #231
The ANZAC
King

The Turks.
Old February 15, 2002, 00:41   #232
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

ANZAC, it would be divided between the middle when there isn't enough space. Which basically means that you don't park ships right next to German coastlines.

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old February 15, 2002, 00:42   #233
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

BTW, I'm at a friend's house.

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old February 15, 2002, 03:31   #234
Cyrion
King

The unbearable heat of Summer in Turkey might be the explanation for the slow progress of the railway network in the Ottoman Empire...

The merchant fleet and more freight should be ready soon!

On the military front: nothing to say

OOC:

I haven't been able to access Apolyton from home for 2 days, any idea why??

I would have posted sooner if I hadn't had to wait till I came to the office...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1901july_turk.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 15, 2002, 18:34   #235
The ANZAC
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HsFB
ANZAC, it would be divided between the middle when there isn't enough space. Which basically means that you don't park ships right next to German coastlines.
What are you trying to say? That the straits should be open?
Old February 15, 2002, 19:46   #236
Dr. Nick
Deity

I say that each one's territorial waters are divided through the middle when there isn't enough space to allow two squares for each.
Old February 15, 2002, 21:57   #237
The ANZAC
King

Maybe leave the passage empty, except if moving ships in or out? That way we eliminate the congestion.
Old February 15, 2002, 23:42   #238
Soundwave
Prince

The British Empire Moved Some ships... YAY!

Well thats my go...
Attached Files:
File Type: net britishturn.net (203.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 15, 2002, 23:43   #239
Soundwave
Prince

When do i get an Avatar??
Old February 16, 2002, 01:04   #240
winterfritz
Prince

When you get 500 posts you can have a custom avatar, I think.

BTW, Anzac, its your turn now, because Sun Tzu isn't playing anymore. *glares at General AI*