Old January 13, 2002, 19:28   #1
MisterV
Settler

Local Time: 19:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Rules editing...
Is there any way to change to the rules to limit the amount of cities each Civ can build? I'd like to limit every Civ to having only 20 cities. Does anyone know if there is a way to edit this in in one of the text files? Thanks a lot.
Old January 14, 2002, 13:20   #2
ACooper
Prince

Local Time: 13:19
You can't limit the cities exactly. You can set the optimal cities for each civ on each map size. This probably won't do what you want, but it may come close.
Old January 16, 2002, 01:27   #3
MisterV
Settler

Local Time: 19:19
Can anyone tell how to do this "optimal cities" thing? If I can't limit it exactly, I'd like to try that for sure.
Old January 16, 2002, 01:48   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 12:19
First off, you should backup Civ3Mod.bic or whatever it's called. Then go into the editor by going into Civ3Edit. Go under "Tools" and uncheck "Default Rules". After that go into "edit" and then go under the tab "World Sizes". There you will find the ability to change the optimal amount of cities for each map size. Last but not least, save it! I hope that helps.

BtW, the reason why I went into such great detail is because it doesn't sound like you are too aware of the editor by the comment of "a way to edit this in in one of the text files". I wasn't trying to downplay your intelligence or anything.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.