Old January 16, 2002, 12:37   #1
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 15:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Every one Please read this and send a message to Firaxis and Infrogrames
How many will buy the Expansion Pack if and or when it comes out.

I dont know how to set up a poll (not shure if this was dont before) but how many will or will not buy the Expansion Pack and why or why not you will.

Lets see if this thread will get thier attention(probably not since they stole our money and already have it. Please don't tell me that they come on the boards and explained what went wrong since they give vauge answers wich can mean a hole bunch of things, nothing very concrete.( I may be wrong since I don't have much time to read all the posts but form wich I have read that is the Idea I have. Sorry IF I HAVE MADE MY JUDGMENT WRONG.)

At least on the EU2 boards they Apologize for thier mistakes and on the MOO3 boards they are giving us answers to our questions on a daily basis.

I for one will not buy one since what they promised in the Special Edtion wasn't there, as well as game playing issues. I believe all these issues should be addressed in a Patch first and then see what they say about the Expansion Pack (what promises and if they are really sincere this time.) and only after others have played tested it out ie the Apolyton Forum.

Davor
Old January 16, 2002, 12:41   #2
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 14:25
Due to ethical constraints, I am unable to participate at this time. But best of luck in your endeavor to be heard.
Old January 16, 2002, 12:41   #3
ACooper
Prince

Local Time: 13:25
This is juvenile. The message I want to send to Firaxis is not to listen to this Sh*t!
Old January 16, 2002, 12:46   #4
Heliodorus
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:25
Unfortunately for the thread creator, the idea of getting the attention of Firaxis is actually quite over-discussed, and I think you shan't get much participation via this route anymore (that being the subtext of Lib's post here, and the nature of Sh**g's discontent, I suspect).
Old January 16, 2002, 13:03   #5
Yolky
Prince

Well maybe I made the wrong Post subject. What really want to know is just for personal reasons. I just want to know if anyone is really going to get the Expansion Pack after what has happened.

I know I am not going to get any response and not expecting one for the Companies but just to get people attetion.

So do you or not plan to get the Expansion Pack.

Davor
Old January 16, 2002, 13:09   #6
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 21:25
I see no reson to spam Firaxis with email about this. Don't you think they already know how many that will buy an expansion, and what would be required for an expansion to bae able to sell it to enough people to make the development pay itself?

There are many Firaxians reading this forum, and if you want something shown to them it can be don by threads here. If they are interested they will read it. Otherwise not. But spaming their e-mail will only result in less time for them to answer serious emails, and dealing with problems with the game.
Old January 16, 2002, 13:13   #7
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Yolky
So do you or not plan to get the Expansion Pack.
That depends on what kind of expansion it is, but in most cases I have to say yes.
Old January 16, 2002, 13:33   #8
Bilas
Settler

Local Time: 19:25
Hmmm
I just purchased Civ3 not long ago and have recently started reading these post so maybe I have missed something. I too belive there needs to be a patch to fix gameplay issues among other things. I too would like to know what Firaxis is up to? maybe it is because I am new to these boards and don't have time to scour all the post to see if something was said many times over. I would like to know what Firaxis is going to do and what time frame they have for implementing it.
Old January 16, 2002, 13:39   #9
Heliodorus
Chieftain

I will definitely buy an expansion pack. Regardless of flaws, I feel I got my value from Civ3, and I believe that I would get my money out of an expansion (that was priced below $30)
Old January 16, 2002, 14:24   #10
opaque
Warlord

Quote:
How many will buy the Expansion Pack if and or when it comes out.
It depends what it ends up patching and fixing. I think the problem will be if they make an expansion pack where they have tried to add loads of new stuff...units, wonders, buildings, terrain improvements etc. and not addressed most or all of the current issues with the game. If it fixed the major flaws and made the game more enjoyable overall, I would probably buy it. I know all this should have been included with the original game blah blah blah but I would rather pay an extra £20 and get a real fun game out of the original £35 I spent than just have a wasted game on my shelf.
Old January 16, 2002, 14:59   #11
Raion
Prince

If you look at Firaxis Civ site, they asked for about 25 beta testers to go through the game.
I probably think enough people volunteered already, I do not know for sure.

http://www.civ3.com/

To address play issues, for a patch, probably!
Old January 16, 2002, 15:06   #12
Trifna
King

Local Time: 03:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I know I wont bother buying an xp pack when a company is buying its games in two pieces, but I don't think Firaxis will look at those posts. Or imagine how much polls and stuff they'd have to look at... We'll see what they'll do.
Old January 16, 2002, 15:11   #13
Raion
Prince

Oh, its at the bottom of this page at Apolyton:

http://apolyton.net/civ3/

Old January 16, 2002, 15:20   #14
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Local Time: 20:25
I will definitely NOT buy any expansion unless they give the game a complete overhaul, but since that is highly unlikely I guess it´s a big fat NO.

Hey, Gramphos where in Sweden do you live?
Old January 16, 2002, 16:15   #15
Oerdin
Deity

I am inclined to purchase the expansion pack but I will reserve my final decision until I see what is exactly included. For starts this are the features which MUST be included in order for me to purchase it 1)Multiplayer 2)stacking 3)more civs. The following features I would like to see but which I don't consider show stoppers 1)expanded tech tree 2)underwater cities 3)more forms of government 4)more building improvements.

Of course things like fixing of bugs and such should be available as a free down load and we should not have to pay for an expansion pack to have them fixed.
Old January 16, 2002, 16:31   #16
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamrat X
Hey, Gramphos where in Sweden do you live?
I have an English keyboard at this Computer, so I can't spell it.

Why do you want to know?
Old January 16, 2002, 17:22   #17
Qilue
King

Local Time: 05:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

I have an English keyboard at this Computer, so I can't spell it.

Why do you want to know?
As I have no wish to acknowledge the original negativity of this thread, I have decided instead to attempt a threadjack.

Sure you can, it's easy with an english keyboard - Västerås, Södertälji, Köping, etc.
Old January 16, 2002, 17:26   #18
Zachriel
King

I am a very satisfied customer and anxiously look forward to any patches, updates, or revisions.
Old January 16, 2002, 17:46   #19
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Qilue
As I have no wish to acknowledge the original negativity of this thread, I have decided instead to attempt a threadjack.

Sure you can, it's easy with an english keyboard - Västerås, Södertälji, Köping, etc.
I do not happen to know all the Alp+0xxx numbers for thes characters, so I have to stay with Vasteras, Sodertalje, Koping, Ostergotland, Vastergotland, Skane etc.

And the () gets are on position more to the right then they should.
Old January 16, 2002, 17:59   #20
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Yolky

So do you or not plan to get the Expansion Pack?
Not before Hell freezes.

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.
Old January 16, 2002, 18:02   #21
Qilue
King

Local Time: 05:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

I do not happen to know all the Alp+0xxx numbers for thes characters, so I have to stay with Vasteras, Sodertalje, Koping, Ostergotland, Vastergotland, Skane etc.

And the () gets are on position more to the right then they should.
I don't really know them either, I cheated and used the character viewer utility.
Old January 16, 2002, 18:48   #22
Libertarian
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zachriel
I am a very satisfied customer and anxiously look forward to any patches, updates, or revisions.
I'm sure you meant "eagerly", but you certainly gave me a few anxious moments as I pondered your ambivalence.
Old January 16, 2002, 18:54   #23
ACooper
Prince

Local Time: 13:25
Quote:
I'm sure you meant "eagerly", but you certainly gave me a few anxious moments as I pondered your ambivalence.
I love how you correct everyone's grammar.
Old January 16, 2002, 19:04   #24
Libertarian
King

But I don't. When have you ever seen me correct Trifna's grammar, for example?
Old January 16, 2002, 20:19   #25
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

The problem with the expansion pack is you need the original to play it. Thus, since I was quite wise and did not flush money down the toilet on a beta release, I must now wait until the Gold Edition. By then, the game might be worth a try ... and by then, Firaxis might just have put in the time and effort they should have put in with the ORIGINAL release.

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old January 16, 2002, 21:04   #26
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
By then, the game might be worth a try ...
I don´t think so, because the entire system is mis-designed.

Now I have done it! I´ve toppled Yin! Now I am the Supreme Pessimist on this Forum! Muhahaha!

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.
Old January 16, 2002, 21:14   #27
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Wow, I show ONE glimmer of optimism and CT feeds on me like a hungry shark! LOL! Sir, wear this crown with pride and purpose.

All Hail the new King Pessimosium!

Old January 16, 2002, 22:54   #28
Zachriel
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Libertarian
Merriam-Webster
3 : ardently or earnestly wishing
Old January 16, 2002, 23:31   #29
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
The problem with the expansion pack is you need the original to play it. Thus, since I was quite wise and did not flush money down the toilet on a beta release, I must now wait until the Gold Edition. By then, the game might be worth a try ... and by then, Firaxis might just have put in the time and effort they should have put in with the ORIGINAL release.
You are one odd duck. I bought the game, sure it has bugs, but I enjoy it with the bugs and all. I will install all the patches and end up with the same game you do, but I'll have been enjoying it for months more than you. What is so wise about sitting on your hands and griping?
Old January 17, 2002, 00:09   #30
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Well, my gaming time is spent doing something other than helping polish a beta. That's one. The $50 went toward something enjoyable, like another game or some pizza and beer. That's two. And my griping here serves as just one drop in the sea of discontent...and I'm always glad to do my part.