Old January 16, 2002, 15:13   #1
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Open letter to the people of Ravenna
I congratulate you to your astounding success. A wise man once said: "Small is beautiful." but he didn't know how wise it was. It's amazing how the roman population managed to influence world history, even after the french managed to narrow their empire to the Cape Verde islands. Your declaration of war on my successful indian democracy, constantly refusing to negotiate peace put your 1 city civilization in the most favorable position to throw a flourishing civilization on the other end of the world to sink down into revolutions and Anarchy. That was the most successful tactical masterpiece human history has ever seen. More than 100 million Indians now live under a communist regime because of 30 thousand romans.
Yours sincerely, Wernabapu, Indian CHAIRMAN
Old January 16, 2002, 16:57   #2
FNBrown
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:26
Why didn't you just wipe them out?
Old January 16, 2002, 18:28   #3
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
I was in east asia without access to the mediterranean, keven less to the Atlantic. I've sent a transport ship with battleship protection, but that takes a while. How good that I have marines by now, if that had happened before I wouldn't have had even a chance to kill them!
I originally posted this in the Civ3 General forum, but it was removed. I actually wanted to tell off my anger on such a flaw in game design...
Old January 16, 2002, 19:51   #4
FNBrown
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:26
I had something similar happen. I made the mistake of starting a city on the other side of the map while I was out exploring, and had a few French warriors launch an attack and overtake the city.

It took 22 turns for my transports to make it over to France to exact my revenge.