King

Local Time: 19:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
All hail Vel, master of the putdown!
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old May 31, 2002, 11:41   #152
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Just updated the earlier post I made to 'The Eliminator' (interesting that I still have not heard from him via e-mail). ::shrug::

In any case, the *reason* I updated that page is cos I got a fistful of good news this morning!

Guardians, my first novel, is ready! This is a big step forward, not only for me personally, but hopefully for the Candle'Bre project as well. This book's publication represents the first of two segments in my publishing plan...get Guardians out quietly, announce it here, in a few regional papers, and the company newsletter, then follow it up with my second novel, "Five Days in May" (which is in process as I type this and does a smidgeon of advertising for Guardians), and advertise that book with something approaching a national ad campaign (not truly national, but we'll at least have a presence in 30 states, so it moves beyond regional advertising).

Two main reasons that the book stuff relates to the Candle'Bre project are:

1) The books include a link to my website, 'The Renaissance Portal,' which in turn will have a link to the Candle'Bre website, so we've a chance to get more eyeballs on the project that way.

2) Book sales are going to be stockpiled in the company coffers for when we need 'em.

So....another big piece falls into place! Methinks it may be time for some celebration!!

-=Vel=-
PS: d'oh! almost forgot! If anybody's curious, the link to the newest addition is Guardians

Keep yer fingers and toes crossed!
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old June 1, 2002, 01:01   #153
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Excellent news indeed!
Sounds good too, I read the first chapter. (but now I want more)

/me duly crosses fingers and toes.
/me finds it suddenly harder to type.
/me thinks these comment types are used by some other member of the team...

Old September 7, 2002, 09:33   #154
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Hmmm....was re-reading this classic thread, and figured it was time for another update here! Still never heard the first word from "The Eliminator" but I'm sure it pains him to know that we're still alive and well, and despite the fact that I never finish what I start, the next novel, "Five Days in May" is out and published, WHILE doing Candle'Bre development....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old September 7, 2002, 22:26   #155
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 03:27
Hmmm. Last post by the Eliminator was on 30-05-2002.
Maybe he got himself eliminated.

Now, when exactly was it that Vel became a mod? ...
Old September 7, 2002, 23:48   #156
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:27
Quote:
Still never heard the first word from "The Eliminator"
Maybe he is still working on his reply.

Don't worry Rav, I don't think Vel has the power (nor the need) to ban people here.