Old January 17, 2002, 01:30   #1
Seeker
Emperor

Local Time: 14:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Almost Ready...
My 1888 scenario is almost complete.

I just need to know a few things.

Who was President of France in 1888? King of Italy? Czar? Japanese Emperor? US President?

Also I'm noticing some problems with my whole concept:

-turn 1-3 are way, waaay to long. Surviving the Zulu, Arab, Maori, and Afghan raids takes forever, and they really aren't a problem afterward.

-AI tends to waste time building the Elite Regiment unit despite its high cost.

-Despite nil no, no tech trading the AI can STILL sometimes trade its unique tech that gives it special units (French Elan, German Militarism, Japanese Shinto, Russian Orthodoxy)

-In order to let the AI survive as German Empire they need a lot of units. Too many. So many that even without any roads across the Rhein, the human player can conquer France in 2 turns (especially when they move everything out)

-British Empire tends not to build Sikh, Gurkha, or Highlander units. In fact, they seem to disband all Sikhs and Gurkhas in India, Burma etc.

-Some 'barbarian' cities are too weak. Sweden, Madrid, Mecca, Kabul need to have a high defense, no movement defender.

BTW: where is the Maxiworld map?? (next step up after Gigamap)
Old January 17, 2002, 02:28   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Almost Ready...
Seeker, is this the age of imperialism scenario that you(?) were showing off on the scenario league board a while ago?
Do you want any playtesters?

Quote:
Originally posted by Seeker
-turn 1-3 are way, waaay to long. Surviving the Zulu, Arab, Maori, and Afghan raids takes forever, and they really aren't a problem afterward.
Having not seen the scenario, it's hard to make effective comments, but have you considered starting off with smaller 'native' forces, and using events to randomly create units?

Quote:
-Despite nil no, no tech trading the AI can STILL sometimes trade its unique tech that gives it special units (French Elan, German Militarism, Japanese Shinto, Russian Orthodoxy)
Try setting the value of these techs to the AI to 0. Then the AI will be less interested in aquiring the techs. I used this and a no, no setting for unique techs to avoid this problem in my scenario 'Raging Dragon'.

Quote:
-In order to let the AI survive as German Empire they need a lot of units. Too many. So many that even without any roads across the Rhein, the human player can conquer France in 2 turns (especially when they move everything out)
Two sugestions:
*Give the Germans a really tough defencive unit to protect thier cities
* Have different events files for each civ (this is time consuming to do though)
Old January 17, 2002, 17:47   #3
Gothmog
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Almost Ready...
Quote:
Originally posted by Seeker
My 1888 scenario is almost complete.

Who was President of France in 1888? King of Italy? Czar? Japanese Emperor? US President?
France: Sadi-Carnot
Italy: Umberto I
Russia: Alexander III
Japan: Meiji Mutsuhito
US: Grover Cleveland

Source: Langer's Encyclopedia of World History