Old January 17, 2002, 03:25   #1
Jrat
Settler

Local Time: 11:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Taliban Civ for CTP II?
I Was just wondering... Is there such a thing as a Taliban Civilization anywhere, that anyone knows of? If so, I would consider it fun to blast away osama's a**! If there is, I would definately love to know about it...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever beleveth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16, Holy Bible, KJV
Old January 17, 2002, 10:37   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 14:27
Put together a civ city list (30-40 cities).

Download my Modder's Guide for instructions on adding/editing a civ.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old January 17, 2002, 12:35   #3
Jrat
Settler

Thanks a lot! I'm downloaded the guide, and now I'll go try and create "afghanistan".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever beleveth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16, Holy Bible, KJV
Old January 17, 2002, 17:57   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:27
Well, as a true history buff I naturally despise your decision to include such an insignificant nation when there are so many much greater civilizations out there, but since I'm not gonna change your mind anyway and since I somehow feel more people would disagree with me than agree, I might as well help out

Name: Taliban
Singular: Taliban
Plural: Taliban
Male Leader: Emir Mullah Mohammed Omar (sometimes also Mullah Omar Mohammed)
Female Leader: none (possibly use 'second in command': Chairman Mullah Mohammad Rabbani)

Capital: Kabul
Cities:
Kandahar
Herat
Mazar-i-Sharif
Kunduz
Jalalabad
Baghlan
Faizabad
Zaranj
Takhar
Bamyan
Shindand
Ghazni
Kheyrabad
Farah
Lashkar Gah
Balkh
Samangan
Meymaneh
Taluqan
Qala-i-Naw
Chaghcharan
Sheberghan
Mahmud Raqi
Asadabad
Mehtarlam
Gardez
Charikhar
Aybak
Saripul
Taloqan
Qalat
Maidanshar
Tarin Kowt
Sharan
Puli Alam
Kowt-i-Ashrow
Pol-i-Khumri
Baraki

(40 most important Afghan cities: all large cities and regional capitals plus some other historically or otherwise important cities)

Added: only known picture of Omar and a picture of Rabbani (for the leader photo's)

Omar:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	omar.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	8709  
Old January 17, 2002, 17:58   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

and Rabbani:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	rabbani.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	8710  
Old January 17, 2002, 20:01   #6
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 12:27
The only reason I would even consider building a Taliban ruled civ is so that I could have the pleasure of utterly crushing them. Maybe we could a new secret unit for them called a "Hijacked Airliner".
Old January 18, 2002, 06:12   #7
Locutus
Deity

I think that's exactly the idea, Oerdin, I can't imagine anyone would actually want to play with them. Particularly if you play Hotseat games (with 1 human player) like me this can be fun (because you can choose your opponents there: play with Americans and Brits against Taliban and China or something like that )
Old January 18, 2002, 15:59   #8
Jrat
Settler

Thanks for your information and help so far... If anyone thinks I would form an aliance with the taliban, they are terribly mistaken. The only reason I would want such a nation would be to destroy them, A.S.A.P. And, for those programing-experts, Is there a way to make my additional civs compatible with the Apolyton modpack? (I also have the goodmod, and diplomacy mod)
Old January 18, 2002, 17:30   #9
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

I gave the GoodMod files that are exclusivly used with Apolyton the prefixes GM1_APOL_ and GM1_APOLUL_. The APOL_ and APOLUL_ prefixes are from Apolyton Pack the first one from the way it should be and the later one from the gigantic map version. You should find in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder some files with the suffix gamefile.txt. The GM1_APOLUL_gamefile.txt is for the GoodMod for the Apol' gigantic map version for instance. These *gamefile.txt's contain a list of the gamefiles that CTP2 will load each start.

In every *gamefile.txt you will find an entry of a civilization.txt in Apolyton Pack and in GoodMod for Apolyton Pack it has the APOL_ prefix so the game will load a APOL_civilisation.txt instead of the original version. So you have to make your own civilisation.txt and give it your own prefix and than you can make for ModSwapper your own gamefile.txt with your own prefix.

For files that are located in the language folder there is another file in the language folder, you will notice that every ModSwapper mod has its own version of that file, it contains the files of the language folder that CTP2 will load. And it is tied into the gamefile.txt.

I think that should be enough information. (Maybe too much. )
-Martin
Old January 18, 2002, 21:55   #10
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jrat
The only reason I would want such a nation would be to destroy them, A.S.A.P.
Hehe, I would allow them to grow a bit first, that makes destroying them far more enjoyable and prolongs their suffering...
Old January 19, 2002, 14:34   #11
Jrat
Settler

Haha. I agree. make a huge pile up of nukes and bombers, start bombarding them, and just sit back and laugh as they plead for "Peace". Anyway... Is there a way to modify a civ's personality?
Old January 20, 2002, 07:40   #12
Locutus
Deity

Sure, you can edit a personality but then we're getting into AI editing, which is a bit too advanced to explain in a few words. You'd have to read the docs and forum threads here on Apolyton which are related to this and play around with it. The AI and personalitiy files are in the folder ctp2_data\default\aidata

Or do you simply want to change a personality? From peaceminded diplomat to aggressive emperialist? That can easily be done in the civ files mentioned before. It might be an interesting experiment to give the Taliban a barbarian personality. I have no idea if it would work out but it might be worth a shot...