Old February 18, 2002, 04:05   #361
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DarlinKell
my 2 cents....... you need a main leading lady...... tall, red hair, green eys....... ya know....... something like me...hehehe
We need a little more spice in this story. Sure it's fine to have gigantic interstellar wars and what have you, but you've gotta do something in between.
Old February 18, 2002, 04:49   #362
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Like your timeline Sovereign,

But some of your events do kinda clash with the official timeline. Maybe just rearranging it a little would help. One thing that you might wanna clear up is this:

2400-Spartans and Hive launch separate attacks on University territory. Peacekeepers intervene on behalf of the University.

If we did indeed invade your territory, I don't know how we can still be on good terms w/you. However, my timeline says that in 2400-the Hive signs a peace treaty with the PK's. I guess at the beginning of 2400 we did good, but by the end of the year we were getting our butts handed to us.

Maybe it was all a big misunderstanding Prokhor Randius? In any case, I do like your timeline! I think the University has gained a valuable friend!

University---> <---G.H.E.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 05:02   #363
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
Franky: You can't be friendly with everyone In my opinion a Hive-Protectart conflict would be interesting story. It could be a comunist russian-nazie germany type war all over again. Nothing entertains more than seeing two evil empires try and destroy each other.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 05:49   #364
Sovereign
Prince

Hmm... I didn't know about the official timeline.... could someone help me out how to modify my history to match the official timeline? I'm pretty new at this collobration stuff but I really want to give it a try.

FC, I stated that I left Chiron by 2353, before your Hive conflict in the 2400's. How can we work out stuff? Maybe University and Hive relations could use some work... Maybe Hive thought University was helping Spartans then invade them only to realize University was fighting Spartans, and Hive decides to aid University's military, therefore keeping our good relations?

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated to fix my timeline, then I'll finally be able to start my piece. All I need is a good "jump-off" board.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 06:09   #365
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Hmm... I didn't know about the official timeline.... could someone help me out how to modify my history to match the official timeline? I'm pretty new at this collobration stuff but I really want to give it a try.

FC, I stated that I left Chiron by 2353, before your Hive conflict in the 2400's. How can we work out stuff? Maybe University and Hive relations could use some work... Maybe Hive thought University was helping Spartans then invade them only to realize University was fighting Spartans, and Hive decides to aid University's military, therefore keeping our good relations?

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated to fix my timeline, then I'll finally be able to start my piece. All I need is a good "jump-off" board.

Your stuff is good. You may just rework the dates and change some of the specifics to fit the timeline.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 18, 2002, 10:28   #366
DarlinKell
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:29
hmmmmmm........ well Spray hunny......... now ya got my interest peaked.... i'm gonna have to check into this stuff now!!!
Old February 18, 2002, 11:07   #367
Sovereign
Prince

Sprayber, where can I find the official timeline? I can't seem to find it, at least you guys version of Chiron events.

Could someone help me out on this? I just want to get things right to make a good story. Franky and Spray I'd appreciate any information regarding the official timeline so I can edit my timeline post.
Old February 18, 2002, 11:58   #368
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
Quote:
Guys, I'll write up a timeline... do you want it in the Sign-up thread or in here... or should I include important dates in my pieces... like flashbacks or what?

Silence.... The few can defeat the many if provided sufficient technological superiority. Look at a few hundred Spanish musketeers taking down a whole Inca and Aztec empires... 1,000 European Infantry taking down an Zulu force of 25,000...

Be ready for anything
Not quite sure about Zule capper, but the Aztec campaign was certinally more then those Spanish soliders, since they also took advatage of the local legend, and they had considerable help from a mass army of natives that were really angry at the Aztec for killing their people every year.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 12:13   #369
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod

So will they take any action against the Queen? We will be willing to cooperate with the TA in a sense that we will share research data regarding Biotechnology or any research data but wish to offer no military support as it would ruin good relations between the Kingdom and the Morganities. I think that Maria would like to promote peace between the people of Sol and Morganities, which would be the best solution for them (trade and $$$ from Morgan, diplomacy and tech from TA).
Fine, but as long you don't pass intel information to the morganites, TAF will not bother Titan, as they have better things to do... but TAF will do something if Titan becomes a liability, a problem, during the war.... or to the defence of sol in general.

Quote:
Mellian, is it okay if we start colonising other moons of Saturn? Titan has become overcrowded due to the horrible Planned colonial economy run by the colony's previous owner.
TAF will not mind.... but don't ask me, other Sol factions may happen to have claims on the other moons like EC and InEn
Titan declared independence, not all of the Saturn Region.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 12:36   #370
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Sprayber, where can I find the official timeline? I can't seem to find it, at least you guys version of Chiron events.

Could someone help me out on this? I just want to get things right to make a good story. Franky and Spray I'd appreciate any information regarding the official timeline so I can edit my timeline post.
Its on the previous page. I posted it to help you decide yours before I noticed you even had posted one.
Old February 18, 2002, 13:14   #371
Mellian
Queen

Re: University!!!
Quote:
I was thinking about starting the University off somewhat distanced from the most human factions. I think perhaps a good location would be near both Tarn and Gorn space, at like, the northeastern corner of the human sector.
Not sure where the Tarn is....but University would be bordered with the Gorn and the Drone Republic.

Quote:
As for technology... How does Plasma Lasers sound? Think Star Wars rapid lasers crossed with Star Trek's phasers. Rapid reddish lasers like a machine gun. It would do comparable damage to Procterate's particle cannons or TAF's Ion Cannons (remember University has potential to create advanced weaponary, but doesn't have military like Hive, Sparta, TAF, or Proctrate.
Plasma Lasers? Starwars uses Burst Laser cannons then trying continuous. Anyway, the description is like a Gatling Laser, but plasma powered?

Ion beam Cannons: Big Cannons that requires a lot of space and power. It is mainly a big anti-ship weapon comparible to the Ion Beams in Homeworld and the big carving beam weapons in Freespace 2. Stronger then Particle Cannons by Strength and Power, so heck of lot more damage. But largely inferior still to Fraal's "Phaser" Cannons/Arrays. Only the TAF as it these weapons, but seriously haven't use them in a real space combat yet. So generally unknown to all factions Want these to be a surprise for the war

Particle Cannons: slightly better then Chaos/Disruptors as it does more Piercing Damage and it is Continuous beam shots. Examples is the beams cannons of the Minbari ships in Babylon 5.

Chaos/Disruptors: Does Piercing damage, but not as much as the Particle Cannon as it is mainly not continuous. Fires only in Bolts of Disrupting Energy (disrupts the molecules). Example, the Disruptor cannons in Master of Orion 2 and the Klingon weapons in Startrek.

Pulse Cannons: can have Burst or Continuous types of Pulse Cannons and its use is quite diversified (from heavy anti-ship guns to Point Defence). Doesn't do as much damage as the Chaos/Disruptors, but still good enough for this day and age of space combat.

Laser: Burst and Continuous options, but worthless in this day and age of Space Combat as it doesn't isn't strong enough. Only usefull for Point Defence and Anti-Fighter guns. Gatling Lasers just as an higher rate of fire.

Fusion Lasers: Like the normal laser, but dishes out more damage. Depending on the mount, can do more damage then Pulse or Chaos/Disruptor. As Heavy Continuos Anti-Ship guns, it is one step towards Ion Cannons.

Plasma Cannons: Can throw a lot of firepower, but it is mainly Brute force then Piercing like most Energy Weapons. Plasma Cannons is mainly use for heavy ship-to-ship combat then against fighters and small ships. Plasma Cannons not as effective against Nano and Neutronium Armor. It is a plasma energize projectiles mainly... so an Hybridh of Energy and Projectile you can say.

Mass Cannons: (not use by anyone, just got it from Star*Drive) An Energy weapon. Mainly the next generation from Plasma Cannons. Not projectile, just pure bolts of Kinetic Energy. Use of this weapon would be better at Ship-to-Ship combat.

there is all of the Energy Weapons currently in use in BAC as far as i know...and all making realitic sense (except the Mass Cannon) In my opinion, Plasma Lasers doesn't make sense but that is me. If you want a big Heavy Weapon, University can be the only other faction to have Ion Beam Cannons, but had them longer then TAF

Quote:
Armors... Neutronium armor, based on SMAC's version with matter compression, comparable to nanotech hulls of Procterate and Bio-Armor of TAF and to a lesser extent, Scions. Neutronium armor is difficult to pentrate with projectile weapons, can be breached by multiple energy weapons focused on one spot, and is impervious to collision damage from asteroids and some suicidal ships like the Soldiers of God...
TAF currently doesn't use Biometal in their ships yet, just their ground forces Anyway, Neutronium Armor i am willing to accept Just won't have the healing like effect once the armor gets damaged. Nano Armor slowly repairs itself by using Nanites and Biometal pretty much regenerates.

Quote:
Government, part American/Russian democracy and part lineage. You see, I plan on the University shunning artifical enhancements to their bodies such as bio-metal for Scions, MMI like Cyborgs, and yes, even longveity treatments. The Provost title is handed down from Zhakarov through his son Randius, up to Randius XVIII (18th) by 2700. The University believes that research comes from the human mind and their ingenuity. They feel that artifical enhancements may diminish "What is Human? What is called the Human Mind?". Remember, a lot could have changed from Zhakarov's time to the 2700's. The University could become philosophical and devoted fully to research and technology to better Humanity instead of enhancing humans artifically. This could make the Fraal more receptive towards University, since from what I know, the Fraal prefers natural evolution rather than artifical.
Longivity isn't Articifial just to say it is just genetic alteration. Also, University is known to be the ones who got the Longivity Vacine.... which would naturally pass down to children.... so there would be Chironians who wouldn't need to get the vacine to live very long as it is genetics! As not liking MMI and so on, that could be related to the fact that the Cybernetic Consciousness splintered off from University long time ago on Chiron Only time i could see a group going to the extremes with Genetics is they start growing more limbs, create super soldiers, restructure genetics so a human being can live in various environments and etc...... So maybe University doesn't like going to extremes with various technologies?

When i say the Fraal prefers Natural Evolution, I mean Natural technoligical evolution and growth without any help of some technological artifact, or gaining techs from an advance race and etc. So Fraals don't mind Cyborgs or the Scions...actually, they like the Scions, Cyborgs, Gaians and so on then they rest of Humanity. Anyway, with University belief and ideology, Fraal may be fond of university as well

-LMP
Old February 18, 2002, 13:50   #372
Mellian
Queen

Re: Re: University!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

link to map:

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalpha.../starmaps.html

Remember that part of the map is where the Hive is generaly located as well as the Believers and Bree. That may not be a good place for a smallish faction to be located. When I made the map I simply put the University out of the way because they were not controlled by anyone. Named Zak Prime, Nova Prime and a third planet. Located on the left side mid way. (I couldn't come up with a better name.)
Sovereign

I slightly screwed on the last post, thinking NorthWestern then North Eastern..... like Sprayber says, better to think elsewhere.... like far North Western (bordering with the Drones and Bree) or Close South Western (bordering up with Drones, Morganites and Terran Alliance.

Quote:
But if you want to be in a crowded neigborhood then ok. (Maybe its not too late to move Sparta ) The University will have slightly higher technologies then the other human factions since they have avoided going to war since the days on Chiron. Their military size shouldn't be too high.
People!!! Don't forget the Peacekeepers, geez I almost did too..... I orginally thought the Hive would be in the Far North West area, bordering with the Spartans and Drones.... The Map is screwed up as it doesn't match the story!!! Ain't the Bree suppose to be bordered up with the Drones as well?

okay, here is the map in words...the way i originally saw it use the clock and campus system, using Sol as the center point.

Terran Alliance is at the Core of Human Space, controlling Sol.

Morganites controls territory from Close to Far south of Sol, leaning west....

Spartans, from close to far, their territory spans 10 to 12 o'clock of Sol.

Drones, from close to medium distance, is located from East to North East. bordered with the Morganites, Hive, Spartans and the Bree a bit.

Hive is located in the Far North West area, bordering with the Bree, Spartans and Drones.

Peacekeepers, from Close to medium distance, their territory spans from North East to South East, bordering up with many factions.... and they mainly control Alpha Centauri. believers is practicly located in the middle of Peacekeeper territory, but they are bordered a bit to the Terran Alliance.

the Gaians... not where they would be......

Protectorate.. Beta Hydri is located east of Sol.... but since they currently have territorial interaction with the Hive... on the assumption that the Hive is in the far North East region... So we have a Conflict here. but if we have the hive in the North east, then there would be some conlict concerning the Spartan-Hive intereaction, Ironholm suppose to be close to Hive territory no?

One big screw up with the map reorganized by Sprayber is his merging of BAC map over the Starwars galaxy map......making the galaxy lot smaller then it is galaxy is like over 100 000 lightyears in length and width, and Human Space in BAC is a area of 50-100ly radius from Sol.
Sol is located close to the edge of Galaxy then towards the Galactic Core just to say.

As for the Aliens, my assumption was that the Proginators is located in the Deep Space to the North, closer to the Galactic Core then Humanity......and the Bree located in the Deep Space North West of Sol. As for the Gorn, not sure... but i orginally guess it was in the Deep Space North West of Sol as well, side by side with the Bree.

Now, we also have the Dosi to locate....which needs to be close to Proginator Space.... Deep Space North East of Sol i say? also not to far from Beta Hydri....but won't exactly be bordered thought......... best option to slan Proginator space more towards North East, pushing the Dosi down a bit more so they can have better interaction with the Protectorate as Lonestar suggest.

Anyway, as for university.... orginally thought to have them in the Tau Ceti area....almost between the Morganites and Drones, but University space is small too... so Morganites and Drone can border up, or simply have short distance for trade and interaction.

So in Conclusion, Starmap badly needs fix up before we gaian more players and new factions!!!

-LMP
Old February 18, 2002, 14:04   #373
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Sprayber, thanks for pointing out my error... I forgot to check out your map. University will indeed be located in Zak, Nova, and Univeralis Prime (the 3rd unnamed star).

Univeralis Prime: Solar System 1 with the 2 Earth Planets... Pop: 3 billion... settled in 2353, after University discovered Spaceflight, then found the Star-Gate by accident and was warped to the three star systems. The University had almost 350 years to colonize that region... Nova Prime will be Solar System 2, with the 5 Mars planets and the oceanic planet (Waterworld, anyone?) and has about 50 million people living in sea-cities and the terraforming cities on the Mars worlds... Zak will be desginated as Solar System 3, mostly young and rugged with a lot of raw minerals to exploit but sucks for population centers... about 2 million miners, defense personnel, support personnel, and hardy colonists determined to try and colonize the volanic planets.
Can't have to many Stargate accidents also depends where the three stars is first..... if it is in a short distance from Alpha Centauri, then don't need any Stargate accident..... else, will become too suspicious and Humanity discovering the Stargate network, which will not be good and won't allow in this point of the game..... maybe after the Proginator War in the long term

Quote:
Military... University has 3 battleships, 6 carriers, 12 Heavy cruisers, 24 destroyers... and thats it for the whole 3 systems. (1 battleship, 2 carriers, 4 cruisers, and 8 destroyers per system) Also, these ships tend to have green crew... no experience in serious combat. However, University makes up for this huge lack in offensive capability by incredible defensive systems. University tends to focus more on fortifying its 3 home systems aganist invaders and unwanted "tech-stealers"
Better that University as a Fleet of 1 000 ships or more... especially if other factions are going into the thousands of ships and don't have to have an exact fleet run down, unless you want to of course

Quote:
Therefore, University has orbital batteries, defense platforms, and multiple scanners to scan for cloaked or sneaky forces. the defenses are armed with Space to Space Xaos entropy missiles, and the Plasma Lasers. My Xaos is loosely derived from the Xaos from Civ: ToT. I'm not a huge science nerd but from what I understand... Entropy is a technology that maxmizies the potential of something to blow up... correct me if I'm wrong and I'll be willing to amend it. Make it something similiar, to missiles that can deliver multiple warheads to a given area.
Tachyon Scanners are the best to detect cloak ships but need to build big Sensor Platforms to do so As for Plasma Lasers, go back to my last post. and what is entropy? You mean a MIRV missile? How about Ship-Buster Missiles with MIRV capability, which splits up into smaller missiles to cause a wider area of damage. Ship-Busters, like Planet Busters, are missiles that doesn't make sense for Capital Ships to carry, as it would take much room Are those missile Fusion? and won't allow Quantum ones just to say.... hopw about Antimatter Missiles? or Merculite.... cause more damage then Fusion, but not as good as Antimatter (which needs a good warhead casing for, which TAF is still trying to perfect so they can easily replace their new Merculite missiles, lol)

Quote:
Hows these for reality, Sprayder and LMP? I'd appreciate any feedback! So I can finally begin writing my piece and not go too far regarding general rules of reality in this story
[/quote]

have a better entrance then Lonestar had, lol

-LMP
Old February 18, 2002, 15:46   #374
Mellian
Queen

Sovereign

I read your timeline... don't have to go in details about what happened before the factions started going into Space. Mainly worry about the timeline after university discovered Faster Then Light travel (i suggest you don't go into details about FTL either, already been done ).

Current Chiron FTL drives takes a day to travel 10 lightyears in average... and 5 lightyears for Sol FTL Drives. Protectorate FTL is like 15 lightyears in average.

Sol FTL powered by Elerium 85 while current Chiron FTL is powered by Antimatter.... and Protectorate FTL is like powered directly from their Matter/Antimatter Reactors.

Main Types of Technology concerning Ships are:

FTL Drive

STL Drive

Reactor

Armor

Energy Weaponry

Projectile Weaponry

Missile/Torpedoe Weaponry

Sensors/Scanners

Stealth

Jammers

Point Defence

Shield (majority don't....making slow introduction and strong Armor is still better then Shields in current research on shields. Will only allow the Peacekeepers to be more advance in this field with Photon Walls type shield.... in BAC, not Startrek/Starwars type shields, only Babylon 5 type, which is crappy anyway where armor tech is better)

-LMP
Old February 18, 2002, 16:26   #375
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Good heavens, you sure get busy when I am gone
I reckon that some greetings are in order; hi Sovereign, nice to have you with the University, and welcome DarlinKell, hope you like our little project here!

Frankychan, your site seems very ascetic, which at least the last time I checked was a Hive virtue

Just thinking a bit scientifically; About colonies on planetary bodies that do not possess an atmosphere. Now, the atmosphere's one very fortunate aspect is the fact that it burns down smaller asteroids. Without it, we would be continously bombarded by them, and going outside would make you practically Swiss-cheese.
Now, on colonies like Callisto, this poses a smallish problem. The habitation centres either need a) a very sturdy construction material to withstand such showers, or b) small force fields constituting the atmosphere. I would figure that option a) is more acceptable, since a shield is always very vulnerable to power outages and the like. However, in some situations a shield would be more useful, for example when doing an away mission on a moon that has no atmosphere.
All this, of course, depends on how often meteors and asteroids bombard such locations as Callisto, and at what levels.

Ok, must integrate new timelines to site, think of a post, read the story thread... This could constitute as working

Edit:

Quote:
To: Terran Government

We would be happy to open diplomatic channels with you.

Please stop sending a wide-ban transmission!

Last edited by Kassiopeia; February 18, 2002 at 16:35.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 16:37   #376
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
Re: Re: Re: University!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

Protectorate.. Beta Hydri is located east of Sol.... but since they currently have territorial interaction with the Hive... on the assumption that the Hive is in the far North East region... So we have a Conflict here. but if we have the hive in the North east, then there would be some conlict concerning the Spartan-Hive intereaction, Ironholm suppose to be close to Hive territory no
As for the Aliens, my assumption was that the Proginators is located in the Deep Space to the North, closer to the Galactic Core then Humanity......and the Bree located in the Deep Space North West of Sol. As for the Gorn, not sure... but i orginally guess it was in the Deep Space North West of Sol as well, side by side with the Bree.

Now, we also have the Dosi to locate....which needs to be close to Proginator Space.... Deep Space North East of Sol i say? also not to far from Beta Hydri....but won't exactly be bordered thought......... best option to slan Proginator space more towards North East, pushing the Dosi down a bit more so they can have better interaction with the Protectorate as Lonestar suggest.
-LMP
LMP, just a rminder, in real life Beta Hydri is extremely high on the z-axis, so we aren't as close to sol as it seems.

Quote:
Protectorate FTL is like 15 lightyears in average.

Yeah! We're the fastest! :: runs screaming down hallway::

Sorry, must be the coronas.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 16:57   #377
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:

Maybe if you postpone your departing Chiron to a later date?
Since the Spartan-Hive alliance deteriorates at 2388 (and has never recovered) I think your idea of the Hive thinking the University helping the Spartans is a good idea.

That was from the Hive perspective:

2400-Spartans/Hive launch invasion into University territory. PK's intervene on UoP behalf (beginning of the yr). Hive fights Spartans/UoP/and PK's. Hive finds out UoP is NOT aiding Spartans, but instead fighting them. PK's on verge of destroying Human Hive but is saved by Yang signing truce...

as for your launch date...how about 2421~2422? The official timeline says

2420-University sets up their headquarters off world as well. Find out of the way planet to continue research. They maintain relations with Morganites and Peacekeepers.

That way you have 22 years for "Constant colonization, exploration and expansion of the three star systems, free of alien and human influences. Serious building of infracstructure and cities, as well as monorails, factories, and power plants."

Whew! That was a lot of going back and forth between windows! Hope that gives you something to work with Sovereign, but you don't have to use this if you don't wanna. Just giving you idea's!

Quote:
originally posted by Sprayber
Franky: You can't be friendly with everyone In my opinion a Hive-Protectart conflict would be interesting story. It could be a comunist russian-nazie germany type war all over again. Nothing entertains more than seeing two evil empires try and destroy each other
Ahh, but imagine if Nazi-Germany and the Soviet Union did ally?
Although nothing will compare between the Spartan Federation and the G.H.E.'s rivalry!

Kass,

Glad you saw that!

Ok, I've been babbling for far too long! Someone shut Frankychan up!!!

Last edited by Frankychan; February 18, 2002 at 17:03.
Old February 18, 2002, 18:04   #378
Sprayber
Emperor

*******Map Related Post******
I wonder if anyone listens to what I say.

map issues,

the map is not perfect. nor was it meant to be. the core is actually farther away from where you see it. (in fact ill just take it out when i fix it) forget about the core being there.

the reason why the bree are where they are is simple. there is no defined bree space. I don't eve think the Hive is absolutly sure where exact Bree space occupies. That is a region from where they come from. they most likely have installations there but that isn't ther primary core systems. the bree has to be somewhat near the hive. So I put it at around the 2 to 3 o'clock region. it extends outward from there.

The Gorn Expanse is the same way. We dont know the exact boundries of the Gorn empire. It most likely borders Bree space for maybe many light years most likely. but it is beyond human explored space. Why you say, because the humans have been wary to explore too much into the conflict zone of the gorn-bree war.

Uv Watt(tarn). No one has ever been to Uv Watt planet. Least not and said anything about it. they are peacefull and stay to themselves but i included the region where they are known to be.

Progenator: I intentionlly left them out. They seem to be scattered everywhere. But their main concentrations are further "north" of Bree and Gorn space. They have a habit of sending scouting parties out so that may explain their scattering effect and pockets of planets here and there.

The university was an arbritrary placing. they weren't being controlled by anyone so i put them out of the way. If sovereign wishes the locations can be moved in a little close to the action, but should really stay on that side.

the protectorate can be located at Beta Hydri with no problem. But like lonestar said the exact postion is not reprented in a technically correct manner since the map is flat. Sorry guys, i coudn't make a hologram and send to everyone
Lonestar can get away with being "further" out since its not a 3d representation.

The PKs were put in there with the possible thought that Guardian or someone else will come in and take them over. They will be a big player if and when they have someone to run their stuff.

The Morgans have more planets than most(maybe except for the Hive) But most of them are mainly mining planets or for other commerical purposes. Their territory is split in half by the virtue of Capella being a Terran colonly. The Spartans are very much involved in helping to defend the Morgan Coperate sector. The do this cause a lot of the material that goes into the Spartans ship hulls and other needs are located there. The Spartans are self suffient in food and most things. They even have a impressive industrial ability, but not near engough to support their massive, and i mean massive military machine. The Spartans. So Morgan and the Spartans are dependent upon each other for different things. So far, it has been a very cordial and warm partnership bread from need.

Drones. The drones are located near Spartan and Morgan space(coperate sector) if you notice, they have Vega and a collection of stars up there. Altair is not placed right. I used LMPs original map that he made us and superimposed it on another one. Later investigation revels that Altair is closer than Syrma(sparta) is. Ill fix that in another edition as soon as we get this fixed. oh and btw, i am open to help on placing the stars. if you see an error, tell me.

They say Sol is the center of human space. actually Sparta is the middle power. Least in practical terms. Sparta is surrounded by the Drones, Morgans, Cadre, Firaxian, PK, Hive, Gorn, Bree and Believers. with a smattering of independent worlds. About the only people the don't border in some way are the Terrans. and thats because of the Independent worlds and unclaimed territories between them. And think, all they really wanted to do is be by themsleves. Does anyone have any problems with where the Spartans are and how many planets they have?

Terrans. I was being generouse when I gave them wolf and ross. i figured that they would have some outside colonies in 700 years. Lets see if they can hold on to them.

Believers. Anyone have any problems as to where the Believers are? Of course the Rebel ones have hidden bases. But they can't be too far from Epsilon Indi. At least in the same direction.

other items. Cyborgs will be added soon when i make necessary changes.
Old February 18, 2002, 18:27   #379
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan Ahh, but imagine if Nazi-Germany and the Soviet Union did ally?
Although nothing will compare between the Spartan Federation and the G.H.E.'s rivalry!

Yeah but that never could have happend. Even though they were similiar in character, Stalin and Hitler never really wanted to work together. They were too close to each other and believed too much in their own superiorty. The egos were too big to both fit in Europe. It was bound to happen. Hitler just ended it too soon to make a real difference. The Spartans are not going to invade anything in the Hive at this time. At the beginning of the story, they were going to. But as the plot(as in real life) progressed a greater enemy is emerging from the Terrans. That is where Spartan Hardware will likely be used. At least in the forseeable future.

Now for the Protectorate. Their best move would be to simply let the Spartans and Hive fight it out and then move in on what is left. But that isn't likely since the Spartans are going to play it close to the vest on the Hive border and concentrate on the Terrans for the time being. As a matter of fact franky, the Spartans may turn out to be your best alternative. Cause the Spartans are by no means fanatical. They are deliberate and conservative in most cases. Kessel is a realist. He can deal with an emperor, or a president or a queen. He don't really care about your way of government. All he cares about is others staying out of Spartan territory and watching the aliens. As a matter of fact, he could just as easily deal with Ian as he could Yang. He don't care. But in the back of his mind, he remembers the past. So while he may deal with someone in the present, he will always remember what you have done in the past.
Old February 18, 2002, 20:29   #380
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
A Protectorate-GHE conflict? I'm not sure if the Protectorate could stand up to GHE on it's own, it would probaly have to invoke It's alliance with the Dosi, and that's a no-no. (so far).
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 20:45   #381
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Kassiopeia--- Silence wants to know if he can attack Capella at a later date, and what all should happen.

Sovereign, Good timeline. Just remember, though, that by the time of the story Morgan Interstellar has an alliance with the University.

Lonestar-- This may sound odd (and I'm sure you have answered this question before), but why is Ian known as Lord Protector Ian I. I see why you have the Lord Protector, but surely the 'I' would be slightly redundant.

Sprayber-- Yep, we'll stick with Marcus Kessel through thick and thin.

As for a Hive-Protectorate War, that may actually be very interesting. Or at least it'd be tough to pick a side to root for...

I'm working on my 'Horizon Aida' post now. Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow or so. I've got to be gone all day tomorrow, so it'll probably be later.

BTW, I posted a short story on the board a few hours back. It's OK, I guess. Any feedback would be appreciated.

And hey, Franky! 'BAM' you say? I wonder if Emeril Lagasse was on the Unity...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2002, 20:46   #382
Sovereign
Prince

Whew, thanks for your feedback LMP!!

You gave me plenty to think about... and I have some new ideas about weaponary, ships, and defense installations.

Superweapons: Starcraft's Yamato Super-Cannon, Shinra's Makonic Cannon, or some equalivent that can only be installed on Battleships or Dreadnoughts. Capable of drilling a hole straight through a enemy ship or even a small asteroid. Leaves the ship at low power for a minute like the Excalibur ships in Babylon 5. Enemy ships could counterattack, that is, if they survive!

Sub-superweapon: EMP shockwave, disables fighters and small vessels (destroyers and light cruisers) electronics. Capable of thwarting raids or cripples an faction that relies heavily on carrier battles. Idea from Starcraft.

Normal Space to Space weaponary: How does Tachyon beams sound? If I remember right they're medium weapons from SMAC, generally around the same time you get Neutronium armor. Tachyon beams were developed after serious research in defense and discovery of Tachyon Fields. Tachyon vary in color depending on the intensity and power of the beams. The beams are directly proportional to the amount of power the ship generates. As a rule of thumb, small ships fire weak Tachyon beams that are reddish in color and just blow off fighters or gun embankments on ships. Battleships and Dreadnoughts fire pure white tachyon beams that are capable of ionizing some alloys and slowing nanite regeneration of nanotech hulls.

Ballistic Weaponary: Xaos Smart-Missiles that once reaching outside the enemy's firing range, accelerates rapidly to a sublight speed of 10% lightspeed, splits into ten seperate warheads, and slams into the enemy warship, delivering dense neutronium pellets causing "shotgun" wounds.

Two projects are under construction, under secrecy. Further details will be revealed as I write my story that could have important ramifications of the story. Don't worry, these two projects are well defined in the story's reality and isn't anything drastic like time travel or becoming gods.

Armor: Neutronium hulls capable of withstanding more damage than bio-hulls or nanotech hulls, and almost impervious to collisions due to rigid molecular structure. Energy beams can damage Neutronium hulls. Missiles and bullets are generally almost ineffective due to the principle of near imperviousty to collision type damage. Think of an analogy to Bullet-proof glass, bulletproof cars, vests, etc. that cover the whole ship.

Military... I want to be fair to the other factions. I think my military should be 1/10th of any faction at any given time. That way, their superior numbers can equalize with my technology, creating a level playing field. If Hive has 5000 ships, then I'll make my military 500 ships... However, my military will never go below 200 ships in total.

Star-Gate... good point there LMP. Its just that the 3 star systems look extremely far from Chiron, almost at the edge of the map! So it would make sense for University to arrive there in a faster than regular FTL method. Think Voyager and Delta Quadrant from Star Trek. Maybe that's a little extreme but you get the idea. The other factions are relatively next-door neighbors to Chiron while University is like on the other side of the river And the travel through the star-gate damages University's databases and records, erasing all datalink frequencies for other factions and recent sensor information, namely the Star-gate itself. Maybe if Star-Gate doesn't work, could you offer a better realistic idea of a sudden, abrupt displacement?

Hmm... I think I shall head over and fix my timeline. I'll try my best to modify the 2300's to 2400's... sorry Sprayder, didn't realize the official timeline was there! I'm still new at this, but I'm enjoying this immensely. I'm trying to get a good picture of my faction, their capabilities and weaknesses, and potential old friends and enemies. Give me some time and feedback, and I'm sure I'll have my very first piece done by this weekend, hopefully when I get home from college

Last edited by Sovereign; February 18, 2002 at 20:55.
Old February 18, 2002, 21:30   #383
Sovereign
Prince

Timeline modified. FC, Historyguy, and Spray, enjoy
Old February 18, 2002, 22:01   #384
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Idea of a sudden, abrupt displacement?
Quantum tunnelling gone berserk?
Old February 19, 2002, 02:39   #385
Frankychan
King

A thought has just struck me...

Protectorate vessels destroy a Spartan ship....and the Spartans don't respond! Is the Spartans intimidated by someone smaller than them?

I am also insulted that no Hive dignitaries are not attending this festival! It is a travesty to all! Nah, I actually think its better if we don't go...we don't even know there is a festival going on, yet.

Things are getting interesting though......
Old February 19, 2002, 02:48   #386
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
I am also insulted that no Hive dignitaries are attending this festival!
I thought no-one was supposed to know you existed. "Please put your hands together for Emperor Yang! Now remember folks, he's not really here, so don't make eye contact . . ."
Old February 19, 2002, 03:06   #387
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
A thought has just struck me...

Protectorate vessels destroy a Spartan ship....and the Spartans don't respond! Is the Spartans intimidated by someone smaller than them?

I am also insulted that no Hive dignitaries are not attending this festival! It is a travesty to all! Nah, I actually think its better if we don't go...we don't even know there is a festival going on, yet.

Things are getting interesting though......
Destroyed a Spartan ship? When did this happen. Nobody told me.
Old February 19, 2002, 03:08   #388
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

I thought no-one was supposed to know you existed. "Please put your hands together for Emperor Yang! Now remember folks, he's not really here, so don't make eye contact . . ."

I nearly fell out of my chair at the visiualization.

You see, there is no pleasing these people..
Old February 19, 2002, 03:27   #389
Frankychan
King

Quote:
The Spartan Exploration vessel continued to broadcast the surrender call, even as the Protectorate Star Crusier Judgement tore it up bit-by-bit using heavy particle cannons. Had the Spartan ship merely powered down and ceased transmitting upon being ordered to do so, none of this would have happened.
This Spartan ship. Second page of the BAC story thread.

You...two...DARE...insult...his...MAJESTY!!! That is blasphemy! President Kristy Adams and Colonel Marcus Kessel will see Hive Prime someday.....interred in a new and improved Punishment Neuro-Sphere!!!

Seriously though, good comeback Mr. Prez. But I think we've been found out!
Old February 19, 2002, 04:26   #390
Sprayber
Emperor

Silance: Would it be ok if I used some kind of Believer merchant ship in an upcomming post? The basic run down is this.

A believer ship contacts a Spartan fleet about a piece of debris it has found that bears Spartan markings. Saying it at found this "debris" in a previously uncharted sector. Instead of turing it into scrap they decided to try to see if they can get some reward for turning it in to the Spartans. Would this be better done with a military vessel of the governement?

Oh yeah this "debris" is going to turn out to be a Spartan Message Pod from a certain Spartan ship named the Magellan. You see when a Spartan ship is confronted with overwelming odds they not only call for assistance (decoy) they eject a message pod that is basically a small FTL pod. The eject sequence is done while the ship is far enough away to avoid having the pod being detected. It can only jump a few light years, but just enough to get out of harms way in order to be available for pick up later on after some time has passed. Since the Magellan has failed to check in when it was supposed to, multiple ships will be sent out in the general direction of the last known position of the Magellan. In this case the Magellan was on a short scanning mission of the general area around Beta Hydri. I'm sure that ample reward will be given to the deliever of the pod and all do attention will be paid to the cause of the loss of the crew.