Old February 22, 2002, 04:11   #451
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ok,

Man, I come back after not even a day and the Hive has been in a lot.

Lonestar: I like your post, but next time lets please collaborate on Protectorate-Hive engagements. I doubt any ship would be able to enter Hive space (cloaked or not) without GHE command knowing...seeing as how our expertise is stealth (and cloning). But keep your post up, it sets a good spark that might become a conflagaration... But, yeah, please lets talk about GHE-Protectorate engagements next time.

History: Like how you made Mr. Sym ruthless. My only question is why Mr. Sym sympathizes/respects Yang? will you explain why later?

Sovereign: No rush, I can't wait to see the first University Commonwealth post! As for your image...sorry don't know how.

GeneralTacticus: How should the Cadre and Hive relations develop? Hot or cold? What do you want? PM me with your idea's so we can discuss this in private.

Kass: Nice post. Since flattery will get you everywhere w/me, I like. Now Terran-Hive relations can begin.

*rubs hands together menacingly*
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; February 22, 2002 at 04:22.
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2002, 11:56   #452
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Thanks Franky. Mr. Sym respects Yang because he likes the way Yang does his business and runs his empire. He does not respect the Terrans because he still thinks the InEn is a terrorist company, and though he isn't too much better than a terrorist, he doesn't like the double-dealing attitude of the Terrans as much as he likes the asetic values, etc., of the Hive.

I'm working on my Capella post now, and Silence seems to be working on his. The first two posts on Capella will be battles above the planet, and then the second two posts will be the land battles.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2002, 11:58   #453
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

To Sprayber
BTW, Sprayber, if you would be so kind to put all the posts I put in the BAC Datalinks thread on your website in the section devoted to Morgan Interstellar (Morgan to the Stars!!), it would be much appreciated.
Old February 22, 2002, 15:08   #454
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
I posted the first part of the battle. Tell me if anybody has a problem with it. I will have the next part be a tad bit bigger then this one.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2002, 17:09   #455
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Kass: Nice post. Since flattery will get you everywhere w/me, I like. Now Terran-Hive relations can begin.
Flattery and extreme courtesy, combined with a cordial phrasing, is the mainstay of diplomacy.
Besides, they have no inkling of what kind of strength the Hive actually possesses.
Old February 22, 2002, 17:16   #456
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Gods truly are cruel in their games...

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1
Old February 22, 2002, 19:27   #457
History Guy
King

Sprayber, words cannot express the sorrow I feel over this news. At least we may take comfort in knowing that she is with her God, and that in life she was beloved.
Old February 22, 2002, 19:41   #458
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
I am deeply sorry for loss. May whatever religon you believe in give you comfort.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2002, 18:35   #459
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Spray,
Take care man. Keep it together and know that somewhere she's looking out for you.
Old February 23, 2002, 21:00   #460
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 14:29
Sprayber, you do have my deepest of condolences..... wish I am there to help you out... but I am glag to see that you are staying strong. I am sorry for not saying much since you told us that your Love got into an accident, but I do pray to you... No matter what, you will see her again outside of the physical world... So do remember, she isn't lost, just removed from the game board we call Life and will be with you in the next.

hugggggggggssssssss

Love,
-Mel
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2002, 21:22   #461
Mellian
Queen

I suggest people slow down a bit with any Story posts concerning the direct attention of the Spartans....

Kass, isn't there any Space Station Habitats in the Jupiter and Saturn areas? If any in the Saturn area, Titan can establish some relations with those in the Saturn area...which probably still in Coalition or InEn control.... Mars Combine may have some in the Uranus and Neptune areas....

-LMP
Old February 24, 2002, 00:49   #462
Mellian
Queen

Just to say, i am still in the first page of the Story Thread and just finish the ground battle post on Callisto..... bit late, but here is my realist mind says about the battle:

The whole battle was treated like as if the Moon has an breathable atmosphere and normal earth gravity at that. Morganite troops or anyone didn't seem to be wearing proper Combat Armor that covers the whole body, with an air breather.

Obviously, InEn or Morganite troops were wearing Power Armor, just normal Combat Armor like in Starship Troopers: Roughnecks.

Hopefully, TAF troops won't be treated badly, or ill equiped..... or to allow to be caught off guard

As for space battles, people... atleast Silence did, had ships with shields

Now, about other parts of the story..... like the description of Terrans.... making it seem that the Terran Alliance is barely effective (as Fleet Admiral Kerensky wishs to be)... but maybe underestimate the TAF, is as tough and disciplined as the Spartans.

I am thinking, the TAF will smart up all of the terran Alliance during the war...making the alliance even stronger and united, without internal nonsense. TAF may have to achieve that by force to make their point.... like if the Coalition or InEn makes a nuissance of themselves during the War, TAF will nock them out...
quick internal civil war which removes many of the Terran Alliance problems and making it stronger and united...and then later establish an Terran Alliance Security, Terran Alliance Intelligence, and etc instead of having the Terran Alliance Fleet do all that.

TAF soldiers, personnel and those who work with or for the TAF is loyal to the TAF and believer of a true Terran Alliance then the current mess up one.... Mars Combine and Venus are the main supporters of the TAF. Some quick re-organization of the Terran Alliance during the war would need to be done before continue any offensive or trying to annex systems or convince independents to join the Terran Alliance.

-LMP
Old February 24, 2002, 01:32   #463
Mellian
Queen

I read the posts concerning the battles in Capella... Silence as done well but when a Task Force is patrolling, they are spread out, not into the standard task force formation

History, TAF doesn't have any Dreadnoughts only Battlecruisers as their biggest ships, which is Primarilly armed with Pulse Cannons, not Rail Guns, a long with 2 forward Heavy Ion Beam Cannons and 8 Merculite anti-ship Missiles..... the BCs look like the Terran Battlecruisers in Starcraft.

TAF Battlecruisers is ment to be able to take as much punishment as a large dreadnought, and dish out as much firepower, yet stay smaller and more maneuverable then a Battleship and Dreadnought.

anyway, allow TAF ships to escape, atleast a few Battlecruisers, most likely damaged, to the fringes of the system for stellar guerilla warfare

Ground Troop Structure:

A Unit is equal to a Battalion.

Terra Nova's Garrison will be:

5 Marine Units
3 Armour Units (hovertanks)
1 Artillery-Assault Unit (Siege Tanks)
1 Gear Unit (Battle Suits, 5-8 humanoid mechas)
3 Thunderbolt Squadrons
8 Militia Units (locals, not properlly equiped)

Plus: (fromt the defending TAF Task Force before the battle started)

15 Marine Units
5 Armour Units
Old February 24, 2002, 11:58   #464
History Guy
King

OK, LMP, I edited the post to conform. All dreadnoughts belonging to Terra are now battlecruisers. Besides that, though, was my post OK?

LMP, on Callisto, I believe you have overlooked areas where I mentioned oxy-masks and battle armor, and there are several mentions. In fact, one character is taken out by a "shot through the oxy-mask".

Thanks, LMP, for the OOB, I'm working on my new post now. It'll be a long one. I think we'll capture Manson's flagship, but several battlecruisers shall escape, and in fact one shall take down a transport, scattering my 2nd Division all over Terra Nova. How does one take out a hover tank, however? Looking back on Alpha Centauri, they look like tough little fellows.
Old February 24, 2002, 16:05   #465
Frankychan
King

Post coming up later today to deal w/Spartan message....to respect Spray, this will be the last thing to deal w/Sparta for a while until he gives the "go-ahead".

Also, cargo ship missing going up too as well as Terran message.

Just giving you guys the heads up
Old February 24, 2002, 17:37   #466
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Firstly, a question about the infamous method of Quantum Tunneling.
Can a ship with this device go at any speed? I mean, can it go at "only" 1 lightyear / day instead of the five or ten? Can it have a "maximum" speed and a spesific, slower "cruise speed"? Or does it have to move at sublight drives when not in Quantum Tunneling, and when Quantum Tunneling the ship travels automatically at 5/10 LY per day, no chance of less?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Kass, isn't there SSH's in Jupiter and Saturn region?
Yeah, I would guess so. Probably orbiting the moons, perhaps the planets themselves. Gotta think that through.

Quote:
How does one take out a hover tank, however? Looking back on Alpha Centauri, they look like tough little fellows.
Err, you trap it on a gravitic mine? Can you create artificial gravity on such small sizes? I dunno, it would probably be pretty expensive to spend grav generators on exploding mines. Maybe it would be a reusable trap that holds it still and then it can be taken out with a fixed gun placement?

And there is no haste with the message from Sol to Sparta.
Old February 24, 2002, 19:33   #467
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
How does one take out a hover tank?
I would guess that a heat-seeking missile could do the trick. Maybe one of those neat Delta Force-ish devices where you paint the vehicle with a laser beam or something and a plane or a munition locks on to it. Maybe if you were clever enough, you could set a terrain trap for it: block its path with boulders and fallen trees, dig large holes, force it to slow down or change course any other way, giving you a chance to shoot it.

On a different note, you may see the first part of my new story later today. It's entitled The Hunt, and is a story of espionage, intrigue, and maybe even romance, set in the universe of Beyond Alpha Centauri. For those who care, the date is around the launch of the first University FTL ship.
Old February 24, 2002, 23:41   #468
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
OK, LMP, I edited the post to conform. All dreadnoughts belonging to Terra are now battlecruisers. Besides that, though, was my post OK?
No, but a ship-buster missile is like 10-20 metres long... that poor Heavy Corvette surely dead Anyway, was okay I have to find sometime to do a post concerning a TAF task force, so people have an idea how one is operated and the basic TAF tactics.

Quote:
LMP, on Callisto, I believe you have overlooked areas where I mentioned oxy-masks and battle armor, and there are several mentions. In fact, one character is taken out by a "shot through the oxy-mask".
I haven't... but there was details of scraped flesh or something like that? With an environment with no air, a body becomes a balloon and splat.... so any exposure of flesh means instant kill... and the temperature on the Callisto wouldn't be to high either

Now, for the part where the InEn troops caught in various forms of undress? if they were, they would be dead due to the environment.

Anyway, can be complete suited Battle Armor...but there was no indication that they were Power Armor.

Quote:
Thanks, LMP, for the OOB, I'm working on my new post now. It'll be a long one. I think we'll capture Manson's flagship, but several battlecruisers shall escape, and in fact one shall take down a transport, scattering my 2nd Division all over Terra Nova. How does one take out a hover tank, however? Looking back on Alpha Centauri, they look like tough little fellows.
Okay, but the Battlecruiser would be useless as Computer systems and important hardware will be trashed as per the procedure when facing capture.... Can make it that the BC was heavily damaged too.... easily preventing the success of self-destructing the ship.... Can nock a BC, or any ship for that matter, out of commission without completly them. Can be floating, completly wrecked...which is common to happen with BCs then completly blow apart and so on...does have Reinforced Hull, meaning Reinforced Structural skeleton And there may be survivors in a wrecked BC to.... A TAF ship may lose life support, but the crew will be ready in such situations and me suited up in basic skin suits and helmet like ala Honor harrington, but more advance looking then the front of one of the covers... required when entering combat and there would be enough time for the TAF to gear up.
So Manson's battlecruiser could be trashed, and whats left of internal systems trashed by the surviving crew....... Manson could be found geared up in the airless Bridge, with indications that there was a breached, but quickly sealed.

As for how to hunt down a Hover Tank, well, with other hover tanks if you don't have any, then better to try to fight them in non-open fields like a Rocky area and a forest (which i doubt will have any on a barren world, with barely an atmosphere i may add too, like present Mars). Can use Proximity Mines, Missile Launchers (we are in a sci-fi universe, odd they will still be using heat seeking missiles....why not simpy targetting lock by a mini cpu in the missile? would be possible in this day and age of BAC. call them Smart Missiles if you want), and some good darn tactics. Ever played Battlezone 1 or/and 2? they won't be ultra fast TAF ground forces will be like the ISDF in BZ2....... and they will be Biometal armoured.... not life like looking thought. Don't forget the Siege Tanks like Starcraft, where they can be either mean tread moving Assault Tank or a Shock Cannon artillery, which will have longer ranges then what they have in SC. Actually, will finally do the TAF Ground units stats........
Old February 24, 2002, 23:55   #469
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Firstly, a question about the infamous method of Quantum Tunneling.
Can a ship with this device go at any speed? I mean, can it go at "only" 1 lightyear / day instead of the five or ten? Can it have a "maximum" speed and a spesific, slower "cruise speed"? Or does it have to move at sublight drives when not in Quantum Tunneling, and when Quantum Tunneling the ship travels automatically at 5/10 LY per day, no chance of less?
Going slower then the maximum speed, of course, by putting less power into the FTL, how else can then do easy in-system jumps? as for slowing down or going faster when in transit i am not sure.... maybe if the FTL drive is sophiticated enough... and would need a more advance FTL Drive as well to allow alteration in course while FTLing.

Two main things that about how fast a FTL can go, its range and so on.... how much power it goes into it and how efficient the FTL Drive uses that power.... some FTL drives could burn out when given to much power into it too.....

Another detail, not current Human technology allow to send or receive FTL Communications outside during a Transit.... but a fleet using the same FTL Quantum tunnel when travelling together may communicate among each other, but not via radio thought, but some other means which by now Humanity figured out.

Quote:
Yeah, I would guess so. Probably orbiting the moons, perhaps the planets themselves. Gotta think that through.
mixture of Babylon 5 and Gundam Wing colonies styles? They would be able to orbit anywhere i would think.

Quote:
Err, you trap it on a gravitic mine? Can you create artificial gravity on such small sizes? I dunno, it would probably be pretty expensive to spend grav generators on exploding mines. Maybe it would be a reusable trap that holds it still and then it can be taken out with a fixed gun placement?
Proximity Mines will good decent blast coverage?

And there is no haste with the message from Sol to Sparta. [/QUOTE]
Old February 25, 2002, 06:47   #470
Sprayber
Emperor

Hello everyone.

Thanks for all the expressions of sympathies. It has been really difficult the last few days. In a way we all expected it but when it finally came time, no one was ready.

Thanks for giving me a good story to read. I have read all the various independent stories as well. Very good stuff there guys. I'll be sure and read more. Mr. President, Its good to see more independent stuff from you.

I'm going to Germany week after next and will be gone for three weeks. I'm not really looking forward to going, but don't really have a choice. I will be back god willing and I hope to see lots of wonderful things in the story. Depending on how things go. I'll try and post something.

Once again, thanks for the kindness. And keep up the outstanding work being done here.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2002, 11:22   #471
Mellian
Queen

How about the majority of TAF's Gear Units survive the Morganite/Soldiers of God invasion, along with other military survivors, and end up waging Guerilla warfare with Gears? Will be interesting indeed.

Hey, would like to have the TAF revolutionize space and ground combat during the "Unification War" while smarting the Terran Alliance up after a quick little Terran Civil War involving the down fall of the Coalition Government and replaced with a more TA Friendly Earth Goverment? just ideas.......................

-LMP
Old February 25, 2002, 16:49   #472
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:

Going slower then the maximum speed, of course, by putting less power into the FTL, how else can then do easy in-system jumps?
Infallible reasoning. I was just thinking they would keep the device activated for a shorter period of time...

Quote:
as for slowing down or going faster when in transit i am not sure.... maybe if the FTL drive is sophiticated enough... and would need a more advance FTL Drive as well to allow alteration in course while FTLing.
So, you would rather not give this ability to Terrans? (The possibility for a beforehand calculated speed is enough, though)

Quote:
Two main things that about how fast a FTL can go, its range and so on.... how much power it goes into it and how efficient the FTL Drive uses that power.... some FTL drives could burn out when given to much power into it too.....
That's what I had in mind..

"Full speed!"
"But Sir! The strain might be too much! I can't tell if I can keep her in one piece"...

Quote:
Another detail, not current Human technology allow to send or receive FTL Communications outside during a Transit.... but a fleet using the same FTL Quantum tunnel when travelling together may communicate among each other, but not via radio thought, but some other means which by now Humanity figured out.
Nice to know. This can be quite important story-wise.

Quote:
mixture of Babylon 5 and Gundam Wing colonies styles? They would be able to orbit anywhere i would think.
*nods* I'm still somewhat unprepared in the SSSH section, but it's a really decent idea and worth pursuing.

Enjoy Germany, Sprayber. The language is a killer, but otherwise.
Old February 25, 2002, 17:01   #473
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Oh and Mellian, thanks for all that stuff on Terran vehicles, unless you object, the Coalition equipment will be quite the same. We do share manufacturers, right?
Old February 25, 2002, 17:17   #474
Mellian
Queen

Okay, i read 2/3 of the second page of the Story thread....

Lonestar,

in some of your first posts in the story mentions Altair..... (which originally thought the Free Drones would control). I also like the pics, but the second looks more Bio looking then the first

In General,

TAF is largely ignored i am sure they are not anymore later in the story, but they sure wasn't considered early on

Bug in the story is the military sizes and military units sizes.......... EC as plenty of ships to play around, and technicly not straining resources, yet Hive/Morganites think it would? then the Believers and Morganites play around with how many ships the morganites is paying for...... a very small fraction in comparison to how many ships EC as
I hope fleet ratio disconsistancies bug will be remove later on

EC seem to fond of having large amount of soldiers/ships under one military unit label............ Amount Ships that can make up a Task Force or even a fleet is considered a Battle Squadron.... which i brought up before..... why not Battle Group? (maybe you did use that, don't remember and not time to check). Then you have 20-50k of troops as a Battalion? geez

I haven't got to point of the counter-attack on Callisto, but definatly hope you people made the TAF Ground Forces look barbaric and evil like it is rumoured to happen in the story and what i read before in the discussion thread

Another note, don't expect 20th or early 21st century clothing fashions to last until 2700 I like how Babylon 5 simply got rid of the darn tie............but dislike it how Startrek have silly 60s sci-fi style clothing with corny uniforms, then have Jump-suits as the most common styles in TNG Startrek was better off keeping the red uniforms in startrek....... or dislike it how starfleet keep changing their uniform, bleh!

Anyway, i may be picky about story bugs and silly details, but this is the 28th century darn carnit and we may know collectively that bugs and so on not to repeat.... maybe good to fix obvious ones from past posts... as there will be people reading the story and maybe no bother reading the Discussions. that can get confuse

Need to fix the map I probably will when i can, like maybe next monday when my wokrplacement is closed and if i don't have more imporant stuff to do..... lwhich i should of done today, like a database on quattro pro,

got to go now.......

-LMP
Old February 25, 2002, 17:24   #475
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
EC seem to fond of having large amount of soldiers/ships under one military unit label............ Amount Ships that can make up a Task Force or even a fleet is considered a Battle Squadron....
Is the 300 ship Battle Squadron - error still somewhere there? A Battle Squadron of 30 ships is quite in the range of a Battle Squadron.

Quote:
which i brought up before..... why not Battle Group? (maybe you did use that, don't remember and not time to check).
I recall using the term "Battle Fleet". So there. I'll check and possibly fix it. As we agreed, there are 12 Battle Fleets in the Coalition, each Battle Fleet is divided to 6 Battle Squadrons. The total number of CSN ships is between 1700 and 1800.

Quote:
Then you have 20-50k of troops as a Battalion? geez
Look, I don't know of the largest Earth military unit. In Finland, a Battalion, a Pataljoona, is the largest one. So there. Cultural differences!

Quote:
I haven't got to point of the counter-attack on Callisto, but definatly hope you people made the TAF Ground Forces look barbaric and evil like it is rumoured to happen in the story and what i read before in the discussion thread
I am sorry, but I effectively left them out, just saying "that they were there" and that they were doing most of the job, and that it was TAF ordering the assault.
Old February 25, 2002, 17:26   #476
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Oh and Mellian, thanks for all that stuff on Terran vehicles, unless you object, the Coalition equipment will be quite the same. We do share manufacturers, right?
At first maybe, but most of the TAF Ground Units and Air Units are built on Pluto, with help Scions, using Biometal

maybe can have non-biometal versions TAF acquired the Power Armor technology from the Coalition after all, and few others.

Maybe tonite, i can finally do the proper stats for the Terran Battlecruiser and the other space units....... starting to rethink about the Starfury and Thunderbolt......... well, atleast the Thunderbolt...... needs design changes in comparison to the one in Babylon 5.

kass, I also have story ideas for the Terran Alliance in general, and what to do in response to Capella (such a good system to lose to 100 hundred years left before Terra Nova, another good name use on a Barren world, gets engulf by the Sun..... why not dump the sun engulfing part, but Capella system proving not to have much value except for mining....and terraforming a barren world........ anyway, will PM ya......... have you done the Terran Alliance structure in general? I got some details from the story so far.....probably on your site which i need to go back to find the link for

anyway,m later......

-LMP
Old February 25, 2002, 17:33   #477
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
have you done the Terran Alliance structure in general?
The Coalition has kept me so far preoccupied

Quote:
I got some details from the story so far.....probably on your site which i need to go back to find the link for
http://personal.phpoint.net/nortti/bac.htm

And, my profile has my homepage, of which my BAC site is a part of (just follow the links!).

About Capella: Ok, why not, the engulfment part is practically irrelevant as we are not likely to write for 100 years (but who knows? )

Quote:
maybe can have non-biometal versions
Well, duh!
Old February 25, 2002, 20:14   #478
History Guy
King

Well, I intend to have my post up by tomorrow. The scene in which we destroy a hovertank may look a little odd, but that's because I'm not too sure on how we are supposed to do these things in anyway. Admiral Manson will be dead, Lord MP. Silence can do his post however he likes, but he should note that his men are attacking the right flank of the Terran line.
Old February 25, 2002, 22:36   #479
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
Quote:

Lonestar,

in some of your first posts in the story mentions Altair..... (which originally thought the Free Drones would control). I also like the pics, but the second looks more Bio looking then the first
Guess you haven't seen B5: Legend of the Rangers yet. The second ship is a Minbari Ranger ship, built 12 or so years before the Shadow War. Countrary to appearences, it is not organic.

In the case of the Protectorate, "Ranging Ships" as they are the deep space patrol vessels, are designed to look advanced, so to confuse races they may encounter.

Wew! That's a run-on sentence!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2002, 22:45   #480
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

Guess you haven't seen B5: Legend of the Rangers yet. The second ship is a Minbari Ranger ship, built 12 or so years before the Shadow War. Countrary to appearences, it is not organic.
Thats what happens when you don't have a TV available with Cable or Satellite or Digital and not being able to fit into the schedule of life Currently with my billeting family which as satellite, but all of the good channels are not available