Old March 2, 2002, 20:34   #541
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign

On a side note, LMP, you said no time machines, right? I read the story thread and Lonestar wrote about parallel universes and a time machine. I don't want to sound rude or brash, but seeing that Lonestar was able to write about these stuff, I should be allowed to keep my 6 km carrier size and Promethus specifications.

I promise on my dead relatives, even those not feeling too well, that I will not have any time-travel stories.

The sole point of the recovered time machine (remember, we don't know how to use it. And probaly never will) was so that it could detect a large surge of chronoparticles.

Remember when Stone said all FTL drives emit minute amounts of Chronoparticles? Well, it follows the more powerful the FTL Drive is, the more Chronoparticles it emits.

I'm going to talk to LMP about a idea he pitched to me earlier, see if we can get approval from our "Story-Deity".
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2002, 01:01   #542
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
So what is the TAF going to do know they know that the Soliders of God have been handing them their heads in the last 2 battles?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2002, 04:44   #543
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Well everyone your "Chairman" is back,

HistoryGuy: Hey man, sorry to hear about your family. I was wondering where you went. I hope that everything is ok, though. And its nice to hear from you again.

Cybergod: Good to hear from you too. Hope your trip was stress-relieving!

On to other matters...

Sorry that I haven't posted my thread that I promised but I am STILL working on my psychology webpage and its messing up big-time. Like up to the point where I wanted to cry today.

Apolyton was inaccessable to me as well. But here are some of my thoughts.

Mellian and Sovereign,

To meet half-way, how about a sentient Hunter-Seeker Algorithm program? So that you can still hack into the University program but the HSA program 'learns' and therefore the previous technique wouldn't work anymore. This way Sovereign keeps the University relatively safe from hackers/crackers/etc. but have some way to develop the plotline.

Silence,

Due to the recent developments the long-delayed GHE message will change. The Believer-Hive alliance doesn't seem that lucrative anymore in light of new events. However, you will still be part of my plotline.

Lonestar,

Your idea sounds good. Protectorate has time-machine, doesn't know how to use it, Protectorate instead uses machine for other purpose. Sounds feasible to me.

Kass,

Hive view of Terrans coming up soon. It seems they need some quick boost of Hive 'anitbiotics' to combat their SoD and Morganite cold...
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2002, 11:34   #544
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 14:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Silence
So what is the TAF going to do know they know that the Soliders of God have been handing them their heads in the last 2 battles?
Discussing it with kass, but mostly likely Terran Alliance will officially declare war on the morganites, member militaries will under TAF command, defences and other things will be reorganized by TAF, so they can finally defend a system they way they should..

TAF absorbs InEn, creating the Civillian Division. InEn Security and Fleet will merge with the other TAF divisions. Ship Yards are straight to start building TAF ships, as well as the new Mk3 Battlecruiser, using Neo-Tritanium Biometal.... so a Terran Battlecruiser with a more shiny metallic look... the new BCs will only be slightly harder to beat and will take awhile to have enough of them to make much difference. With full contruction speed, take about 4-6 Months to build a Terran Battlecruiser Mk2 and Mk3...

Anyway, the Morganites and Soldiers of God only woke up the big giant I know Spartans and maybe Drones will jump in, but TAF expects it.....the TAF knows what they are doing.

I may start writing soon, but mainly in third person, as i suck in first person......and will be quick, but atleast keep you people busy

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote