Old January 20, 2002, 15:13   #31
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Its good to hear from you History!

Well, I'm glad you don't mind my Morgan bashing....just wanted to make sure you weren't offended...I've met some authors who take great offense if you put down their characters. Glad to see you aren't one of them.

Also I'm sorry to see LordLMP go,

LMP was a great "editor" to our work and work-in-progress.

Anyway, I'm just letting you all know that I've started school again and I might not be able to post that much...although I'll still keep up with happenings and my fiction posts, my comments may delayed if you need to speak with me.

Just giving you guys a head's up.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2002, 14:04   #32
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Look, I could not find a natural way to add the Orbital cannon pulse test nor the Hive message in the post. My next post, majorly from InEn viewpoint, will handle those occasions.

Now, Cybergod, it's time to give some answers...
Old January 21, 2002, 15:09   #33
[LordLMP]

The Battlecruiser stats is on the site, been done for awhile now... just forgot to mention it :P

Terran Alliance Fleet rank structure:

Fleet Admiral Kerensky (supereme commander of TAF, chosen by the Terran Council...and they need 3/4 majority to remove him)

Vice Fleet Admiral (second in command)

Admiral (chosen by the Fleet Admiral....usually command various divisions like Intelligence, Starfighter Command, Resources, R&D, etc... or/and command Task Forces)

Vice Admiral (second in command of the Admiral)

Commodore (the one who usually command a squadron of 5-10 capital ships)

Captain (the commander of a Capital Ship)

Commander (second in command to a captain or in command of support/strike ship)

Lieutenant Commander

Lieutenant

Ensign

Cadet

TAF Marine Corp structure:

General (one is usually chosen by the Fleet Admiral to command the entire marine corp... may have other generals who are incharge of a Army)

Colonel (second in command to Generals....usually comand a Regiment)

Major (incharge of a Battalion)

Commander

Lieutenant

Sergeant

Private

. have to go now, not using my comp as it is gone...

-LMP
Old January 21, 2002, 15:31   #34
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

LMP's command hierarchy is very like the one in Coalition Navy and Marine Corps. Maybe some extra ranks here and there, but for convinience they are rather identical. In CNS, btw, a Commodore can be the "Captain" of a ship. Captain is a rank, and what a person in charge of a ship is called. A Lieutenant leading a corvette is also a "Captain".
Old January 21, 2002, 16:14   #35
[LordLMP]

I may not add anything to the site, but i written bunch of stuff in the discussion thread that it could easilly summerized. i gave the pass to Sprayber too just to say.

Terran Alliance Fleet and Terran Council relations:

TAF is a seperate organization from the Terran Council, almost like a seperate faction, but TAF must follow the Will of TC as their Enforcers, Defenders and Peacekeepers....unless it somehow interferes the TAF charter which needs 3/4 majority to change/edit by the TC.

Currently, the Fleet Admiral Kerensky (yes i changed the name, looks more fitting) is annoyed with TC and the Alliance politics limiting the TAF ability to properlly follow up on their Charter to defend the Alliance Members and Sol. So Kerensky is sort of hoping for something to happen so the TAF could have more leeway, then he would be able to straight the Terran Alliance out the way it was ment to be.

The Coalition nominated Kerensky to be the commander of TAF, thinking that he would do their puppet in a way...but to their dissapointment, that never happened. They didn't realize that Kerensky disliked the Coalition, despite being born on Earth.
While he annoys the earth coalition, he pleases the mars combine by is actions and the way he runs the TAF. The TAF is loyal to their Fleet Admiral and willing to go all the way with him.

Terran Alliance Fleet Ships:

Terran Battlecruiser (starcraft): the backbone of the TAF fleet and the most advance and powerful ship in Sol. The BC was a joint effort by all members of the Alliance. Earth and Mars Ship Yards are currently building them for the TAF. TAF plans to set up ship yards elsewhere like in Wolf 359. In the last upgrade of the BCs, they given the new Ion Beam Cannons developed by the TAF R&D. The Technology is highly classified and the TAF as no intentions sharing it with the members... the BCs missile launchers were also upgraded to launch the new Merculite Missiles.

Terran Carrier (imperia galactica ship, with BC type engines and a holding may like the Kush Carrier in Homeworld underneath): first built after the BC using the same technologies, it ment to be a "Mega" Carrier, carrying large amount of Starfuries, thunderbolts and other support crafts.

Starfury Fighter (babylon 5): designed by the TAF and built by Earth and Mars, it is TAF's main starfighter which as proven many times in various skirmishs with its outstanding Maneuverability. Currently, the Coalition are building Starfuries of their own for their fleet.

Thunderbolt Fighter/Bomber(babylon 5): designed by the TAF and built by Earth and Mars. the TAF needed a fighter with atmospheric flight capabilities as well as a bomber that could launch anti-ship missiles or torpedoes. They have proven themselves, but they are not as maneuverable as a Starfury.

Terran Missile Frigate (base on the Valkerie Msl Frigate from Starcraft): The TAF wanted a non-capital ship that haves the capabilities to destroy a capital ship.... so while designing the ship, they were researching on Merculite Missiles. at the end, TAF was quite please with the ship and would make a great support ship for the Battlecruisers. They are only building them at Pluto as the TAF do not trust Earth or Mars, especially after seeing the Coalition using Starfuries. No members trully know how powerful a Merculite Missile is, so they currently consider the Missile Frigate as useless.

Ion Beam Frigate (looks like something like the Ion Beam Frigates in homeworld): The TAF R&D is playing around with the idea to equip an Ion Beam equipped Frigate...hull built around the large Ion Beam Cannon... actually, they already done that with the Ion Beam Cannon prototype instead of wasting the resources to equip a capital ship with it....just still many quirks left and to consider they could use them.... so mainly an idea, but for it to come to fruitious, they must convince TAF Command of the military value of them.

......i have to go, will post more when i can......... so edit it and copy and paste it to the site....

-LMP
Old January 21, 2002, 18:43   #36
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Look, I could not find a natural way to add the Orbital cannon pulse test nor the Hive message in the post. My next post, majorly from InEn viewpoint, will handle those occasions.

Now, Cybergod, it's time to give some answers...
OK, despite calling us terrorist and our crusade for freedom an upstairs revolution, it's a good post

I was kinda hoping for someone else to post (like Morgan or Spartan or Hive) and see their opinion of us and THEN post. I'd make it that our reply to you is a petition from all Titans and Rheans for you to grand independence. It will be a public, de-crypted broadcast so every single news agency will be capable of intercepting it.

Where is Alynzia??? I was hoping to increase our relations after the independence and gain more biotechnologies!

So what will happen now?
Old January 21, 2002, 19:50   #37
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
I was kinda hoping for someone else to post (like Morgan or Spartan or Hive) and see their opinion of us and THEN post.
Whoops, sorry Cybergod. I didn't know that you wanted a post from one of us to see our opinion of the Nova Saturna. Don't worry, my next post will cover your issue as well as others.

Dang Silence!

After 20 years of "silence" (sorry for the pun) from the Believers and all of a sudden they're sending message probes into our territory? What took you guys so long? Nah, I'm just joking. I like your post. It'll really help me out when making my post and fill in that 20 year gap that we have from first contact with each other.

Well everyone is doing a good job. So, where's History Guy? I haven't seen him post in a while...hint, hint. Nah, I know everyone is busy with other things (myself included) and can post only at certain times. I just like reading all the different styles of writing and I miss reading History's posts.

Oh, BTW I got another ???...

Kass, the Sol System doesn't know about the G.H.E.'s existence, do they? I was under the impression that they were not. I just wanted to know your side of the matter, that's all.

Last edited by Frankychan; January 22, 2002 at 00:09.
Old January 21, 2002, 23:17   #38
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Errr...that's my newest post. It's not too great, it's just a filler between the first fight and whatever's coming. Sorry for being gone, but (as well as being burdened with a lot of work) my internet server was down.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2002, 00:24   #39
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
First of all

LMP: Thanks for all your the effort and work you have put into the story. You are both welcomed and encouraged to participate whenever you can. No one knows about outside influence like I do at the moment. Your contributions are appreciated even though we have had differences of opinion on things as far as the stories go especially in CC. I don't want to see a post from you asking if there is space for you here at BAC cause there will be a spot for you.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2002, 00:38   #40
Sprayber
Emperor

OK

Cyber: The Spartans would love to respond to your situation but there is an element of time here. I am wanting to also send a message to the Terrans regarding current situation but I must take into account that there is an element of time to consider. In Kass's last post barely a day has passed since Morgan landed and seized Calisto. Rightly so. Now even though the Spartans may have fast information about the attack it will be tricky for them to contact the Terrans immedately even thought they did just delcare war on the Morganites.

Like I said, the Spartans were content to let Morgan handle InEn alone, but they won't take kindly to the other Terran factions declaring war. They don't know what their ultimate goals are but they may include pursuing the war in other systems. A clear no no for the Spartans.

From what I understand the attempt to retake titan will fail. Correct? In that case an undercover Spartan may descreatly contact someone in the Titan regime to see what assistence if any Sparta may give. It's not a foregone conclusioin, cause the Spartans will not promise the universe. And if they think the Hive is involved, they will blow the whistle to the EC about hive involvment.

BTW I have some simple, but nice, system maps featuring the orbits of all of Jupiter's, Saturn's, Uranaus', Neptune's, and Mar's moons plus the names of each. Just something I picked up from an orbitial simulater. I'll post them on my site and you guys can use them for story developement of whatever. Maybe Sparta will use them for other things.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old January 22, 2002, 00:44   #41
Sprayber
Emperor

Silance: the Spartans would be very interested in utilizing believer soldiers. Kessel will contact you with an offer.
Old January 22, 2002, 09:53   #42
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
From what I understand the attempt to retake titan will fail. Correct?
Correct. The Titanians will make a plea to the Terran Alliance for membership. When that happens, the TA will proceed to protect Titan from the Coalition engagement.
And even though the plea is just making it's way to the TA, the initialised Orbital Cannon and a small fleet of biotech ships and Belter mercenaries will fend off any preliminal assaults.

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
“I think so, sir,” responded Harry Bismarck, the right wing commander, “Nova Saturna and the bunch have seceded from the Terran Alliance, which is quite a pain in the neck for the Earthers.
History Guy, you are a person of intellect, anyone can agree with me on that.

So, I am quite sure that this slight error of concepts made by Mister Bismarck is a mere show of the fact that most of the Chironians don't now a bit about Sol politics, since every Earther would be able to tell him that it was the Earth Coalition Titan seceded from, not the Terran Alliance, which the colony is desperately trying to join.

Right?
Old January 22, 2002, 10:27   #43
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Well, no, Kassiopeia, but it is a typo!

But, hey! I'm still a person of intellect, right?
Old January 22, 2002, 10:34   #44
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Well, no, Kassiopeia, but it is a typo!

But, hey! I'm still a person of intellect, right?
Sure you are.

You're from Illinois, right, and that's in Canada, right?
Old January 23, 2002, 06:39   #45
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
I am still wanting to play, but I won't be able to post for a while.
Regards,
Alynzia.
Alynzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2002, 11:11   #46
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Soooo, what next?
Old January 24, 2002, 11:59   #47
Sprayber
Emperor

Kessel will contact the Terrans to discuss their troubles with Morganites and set forth Spartan demands. I suppose this would be directed at the Terran Alliance or maybe I guess he could send the message to the EC since it is the largest terran faction.
Old January 24, 2002, 12:04   #48
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yes, but remember the momentum of time here. I think it would be the time for Nova Saturna or Morgan Interstellar to react. *winks to Cybergod and History Guy*

Oh, and the website - no chance before the weekend after this coming weekend.
Old January 24, 2002, 12:15   #49
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Yes, but remember the momentum of time here. I think it would be the time for Nova Saturna or Morgan Interstellar to react. *winks to Cybergod and History Guy*
Yeah, I know. I mentioned that to Cyber when he asked for reactions from the Spartans and Hive about their independence.
Old January 24, 2002, 15:39   #50
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Alynzia
I am still wanting to play, but I won't be able to post for a while.
Regards,
Alynzia.
Thanks very much for replying!

I have decided not to take anyone's saide yet - after all we will end the independence to our own gain and become self-governed, so no need for alliances yet. We wish to remain neutral in the Spartan and Hive conflicts. Morgan however, being an usurper in our system...

My next post will deal with our appeal to the TA and our negotiations with the Belter mercenaries - could Maria offer them permission to mine some of the other asteroid/moons of Saturn (eg. Calypso) in exchange for full support in case of an attack?

Also, when we finally reach independence peace, we will switch to a Monarchy which will have the Queen bestowed with powers of a permanend president (not a dictator, no matter how much others would want that! ), with a democratic parliament etc. Then switch slowly to a Green Economy and speedily change to Knowledge as our Value.
Old January 26, 2002, 15:05   #51
History Guy
King

Yeah yeah yeah, I know everyone wants a post, and I'll just have to start working on one. I did get some more Morganite characters bios up, though. How are they, hmmm?
Old January 28, 2002, 12:45   #52
Sprayber
Emperor

Just wondering if everyone is still around after the latest poly down time?
Old January 28, 2002, 12:53   #53
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm here. And with some criminal loads of work off my back, feeling better then ever.
Old January 28, 2002, 15:52   #54
Cybergod
Prince

I wanted to post DAYS ago but the Apolyton site apeared to be down, or something

So here it is (in a second)

So Kass? We replied!
Old January 28, 2002, 19:06   #55
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It'd take more than a crappy server to keep me away from my Alpha Centauri-related stories!
Old January 28, 2002, 19:49   #56
Frankychan
King

I'm here after being refused entry.

But no one has asked where I was...

That's ok cause the Hive is gonna take over the whole dang
U-N-I-V-E-R-S-E !!!

Let me bust out my Hive armies of destruction!!!

(Just Kidding...except the whole dominating all free-will life )
Old January 28, 2002, 21:50   #57
Sprayber
Emperor

***********Attention
Everyone take a look at the new map that I put up. I need everyone to comment on any problems or concerns that you may have about it. I can change things somewhat easily on it . If you have a specific system you want shown, let me know where it is and i'll place it there for you.

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalpha.../starmaps.html

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalpha...apsDetail.html

Notes

Hive territory is not known exactly but there is some idea of where it is located.

Morgan Coperate Sector: I didn't name the systems there History guy, instead choosing to be vauge to allow you the right to name them. If you want, drop me some names and I'll fill them in for you. This is where Morgan has most of his heavy mining interests. The Spartans help defend this area because they have intersts there too.

Uv Watt is the region where the somewhat reclusive Uv Watt resided(Tarn) They have very little contact with humans and are only slightly more advanced then the humans are.

Bree and Gorn Expanse are the general directions where the respective races are located. They come together near the Galactic core.

Drone I had to use the same color for the drones and Believers. But I trust you guys can tell the difference.

White worlds are independent worlds located at various places. That isn't an exhaustive list, just the most important ones.

University is labeled in white but includes Zak Prime(not official), Nova Prime, and a third world. Anyone that comes along later can change it somewhat if they wish.

Orange worlds like Procyon, Tau Ceti, Sirius are not claimed by anyone at the moment But they are major stars and had to be put on there.

Blue un named stars are not all apart of the Hive Empire, they are just minor stars that anyone can claim if they fall along side their borders. Of course the ones in the Hive region may or may not be apart of the GHE.
Old January 28, 2002, 22:32   #58
Frankychan
King

I like it Sprayber,

It was a little unclear at first, but when one examines the maps more closely it is understandable. I don't know if its just my comp but some of the text is a little fuzzy.

I really like what you've done to the GHE zone, keeping it vague but with a definite "Hive" presence there.

Quote:
Blue un named stars are not all apart of the Hive Empire, they are just minor stars that anyone can claim if they fall along side their borders. Of course the ones in the Hive region may or may not be apart of the GHE.
Hey, I thought all planets in the GHE zone were Hive! Man, you're gonna put all kinds of holes in my wonderous empire!
Nah, as I see it, almost all of the planets in the GHE zone are Hive. If they aren't Hive than they are "bullied" into being a Hive protectorate---meaning they are "independent" per se, but still part of the GHE.

As for planet MI-35( the planet near the Bree Fringe that the Drone's are snooping around)....why are you guys so far from home, eh?
Old January 28, 2002, 22:57   #59
Sprayber
Emperor

When I talked about all the blue stars, if you notice there are blue stars all over the map. the ones in and around the GHE can be apart of the hive Empire.

this is just a prelim map to get feedback. the next one will be clearer

I found that Blue and red don't save very well into jpeg. I'll figure something out.

Like i said this is a first draft to get feedback from all the nice posters

Blue: unknown
White: independent and University
Old January 28, 2002, 23:03   #60
Sprayber
Emperor

Planet MI-35 presents a problem

But I can maybe put it inside Spartan territory somewhat as maybe a gift from the Spartans to the Drones. Or maybe the Drone planet is near a deep space hive and Bree station used to spy on the Gorn, who has territory near by.

Any suggestions? Franky, Mr. President?