Old January 28, 2002, 23:09   #61
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sorry, I misunderstood your explanation. The Blue planets NOT in GHE territory are unclaimed. Got it. Planets that are blue that fall in the GHE zone ARE Hive. I understand now. My fault.

As I see it (and correct me if I'm wrong Mr. President & Sprayber)

MI-35 might have been an unpopulated world not claimed by anyone. I don't know exactly why the Drones are there but since they're near Bree space (and have a "buddy-buddy" relationship with the Spartan Federation) this is a big no-no for the GHE.

I think Mr. President should be the one to decide on MI-35. My spacestation is just a friendly deep spacestation conducting goodwill to all.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2002, 23:16   #62
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
I think Mr. President should be the one to decide on MI-35. My spacestation is just a friendly deep spacestation conducting goodwill to all.
Yeah, yeah sure. We will see how friendly and goodwilled the hive really is.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2002, 00:15   #63
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How 'bout if we make it that MI-35 is in an area like the northern no-fly zone in Iraq, patrolled jointly by Spartan and allied forces? That would make the Drone forces skirmishing there part of a long-term deployment ananlogous to the British task force that protects Oman.

Generally, it looks cool to me!
Old January 29, 2002, 00:26   #64
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Sounds alright,

Kinda like restricted space that's patrolled by the Spartan's and Drone's. That makes it all the more confusing as to who really owns that planet. Frank like.

And I'm telling the truth(*snicker*) my deep-space spacestation (sounds rather redundant) is only out there looking after the well being of others.

Last edited by Frankychan; January 29, 2002 at 00:34.
Old January 29, 2002, 03:26   #65
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
I wanted to post DAYS ago but the Apolyton site apeared to be down, or something

So here it is (in a second)

So Kass? We replied!
Now, methinks a post is in the course of creation....

Ok, here's the deal. First, another press conference with EC declaring absolute state of war on Nova Saturna. (Note, not Titan and Rhea, Nova Saturna.) The plea of membership is presented in Terran Council. While EC ships start to orbit Titan, Terran Alliance declares the colony members of TA and orders EC to withdraw it's attack.
Now, the message is somewhat delayed by universal constants, like the speed of time, and the Coalition fleet's communications will be "down" for some time. However, the Coalition fleet won't be able to do much, as the local squadron of Terran Alliance Battlecruisers move in between the fighting parties.

So what do you say? The Coalition will be more pissed of then ever, and will do anything to prevent membership. Also they will continue harassing the colony, and though they won't directly attack it, they still consider it a colony of theirs.

They do not consider the Nova Saturna as the legal regime of the colony, you see. They might give up on wanting the colony back, but they'll still want the monarch system abolished and a democratic parliament instated.
Old January 29, 2002, 03:52   #66
Sprayber
Emperor

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalph...i/starmaps.html

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalph...mapsDetail.html

be sure and check out the map to make sure its ok. check the previous page for more details.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old January 29, 2002, 04:01   #67
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Oh, I was coming to that but apparently I was too hasty and forgot.
The map looks good, I was just wondering, what star is Ross 128? Why is it coloured as Terran/Coalition?
Also, the location of Capella is rather intriguing considering the current relations with our fellows Morganites.

May I ask, how does the map handle the three dimensions? Are the whiter areas "upper" then the darker ones or is it just there to represent some fuzzy nebulae?

Oh, and your new link gives me a "Whoops! We can't find your page!" -warning (!) but I have the map saved on my hard disk and the earlier links are operational. .
Old January 29, 2002, 12:19   #68
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Yeah, I'd been thinking, as we can pay the highest for Soldiers of God, we may well try and take Capella.

I like the map, Sprayber (How are my new Bios?). The fact that we have operations near Bree space surprised me somewhat. I shall have to come up with some names for those mining areas.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2002, 12:25   #69
Sprayber
Emperor

The links on my previous page works but the last ones don't.

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalpha...?1012327412650

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalpha...apsDetail.html

This is what I did. I took a map of a galaxy(some say it's far, far away ) and superimposed the the map that LMP was so gracious to provide to us and bingo, you have a map.

The lighter areas are nebulas and different spacal anomolies meant to give it an illusion of depth. It is a flat map and as such isn't perfect. Its just there to give us an idea of things.

Cappella: Thats what LMP was talking about when he had reservations about earth having Cappella. I think it adds an interesting twist to the story. I gave you guys Ross 128 because it seemed logical at the time. I would say that both Ross and Wolf would be smallish comparaed to most colonies. You could even divide them up between TA members if you want. Course they may become a liability if a war breaks out bretween the TA and a Chiron faction.
Old January 29, 2002, 12:36   #70
Sprayber
Emperor

----dp-----

Keep in mind that the Gians and an idependent system is right next door too.
Old January 29, 2002, 12:39   #71
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Yeah, I'd been thinking, as we can pay the highest for Soldiers of God, we may well try and take Capella.

I like the map, Sprayber (How are my new Bios?). The fact that we have operations near Bree space surprised me somewhat. I shall have to come up with some names for those mining areas.

wow you really got some varied backgrounds there.

Most Spartan officials now are those born on chiron or in the few years after reaching Sparta Prime. There are only a handfull of Earth born Spartans now and only maybe 1 or 2 would still be in the government. They are respected but generally do not participate in running of the government. They are mostly retired to some colonly world.

I figure that the Corperate sector is a rich area of space. Lots of mines that net minerals that go into the contruction of starship hulls, outside armor, precious stones, and just everyday strong building materials. There maybe even a rich argicultural world there too that exports basic food stuffs as well as exoctic food.
Old January 29, 2002, 16:47   #72
Frankychan
King

sorry Sprayber I got one other question,

One the main map there are two locations that are yellow. One cluster of "yellow" planets are near the Gaians (Merak, Megrez). The other "yellow" cluster is near Pollux and Castor. Are both of these are Morgan Interstellar's?

Just need some clarification.
Old January 29, 2002, 16:54   #73
Frankychan
King

forgot something,

In regards to the Terrans "owning" Capella, I think its a good idea. That planet could be the listening post, if you will, for the Terrans. It could also be that the Terran governments launched another expedition after the Chironian incident. This Capella colonization could have been a relative success...neverminding the fact that Capella is a long way from Sol

Another explanation for the Terrans controlling Capella can be that an colony ship was damaged and arrived at Capella. I don't wanna make up anything for a faction that I'm not controlling though.

My next post will have the Drone reply in it, as well as the Believer's reply.

Kass,

What 'bout my message for the InEn? Hope you didn't forget about it.
Old January 29, 2002, 18:02   #74
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
some say it's far, far away
Have you read the Star Wars Technical Commentaries? The place is full of interesting reading, they even make a detailed analysis of the injuries of Darth Vader. Not to mention what happened to the poor ewoks when DS 2 exploded.

Quote:
I gave you guys Ross 128 because it seemed logical at the time. I would say that both Ross and Wolf would be smallish comparaed to most colonies. You could even divide them up between TA members if you want. Course they may become a liability if a war breaks out bretween the TA and a Chiron faction.
I am sure I will think of something. You can never have enough colonies around.

What comes to Capella, it could all well be a combined colonisation effort of the Terrans. Let's just say the started looking anxiously for a new colony, and when they found a place they took it. Do remember, the only habitable planet, Terra Nova, will be engulfed by one of the system's stars in a few hundred years. It will become uninhabitable in some 130 years.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Kass,

What 'bout my message for the InEn? Hope you didn't forget about it.
Next post, tomorrow in the same Kass-time at the same Kass-channel, and that's a promise.
Old January 29, 2002, 19:25   #75
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

I'm very satisfied with the map as it is. Very, very exciting.

One question. I put some social and political information on the Republic in the Sign-In Thread (don't know if you noticed that). Is that the right place to put it? Is anyone going to read it there?
Old January 29, 2002, 19:34   #76
Frankychan
King

Mr. President,

I read it. Pretty cool. However, I remember someone asked if we were going to create a thread that described our society's and the political area within our factions. Do we need to make one or is the 'Sign-In' thread appropriate?
Old January 29, 2002, 19:38   #77
Sprayber
Emperor

Mr. President. I'm going to convert my old webpage for things like societies of the factions. Ill just copy word for word what you guys write. but for the time being, where you put it is great

Franky, those planets near the Gians is are the Morgan Coperate sector. Mining, agriculture and other ventures there. Spartans are currently there to help protect them. Look at the detail maps on the second page

Kass. I have spent many hours reading that page. Some very exahaustive work went into that page. Try his links page. You will find many many other cool sites as well.

Try this page as well. http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/

This guy got the people at Lucus Filims and Lucus hopping mad
Old January 30, 2002, 10:26   #78
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Kass. I have spent many hours reading that page.
Ah, somehow I am not surprised.

Quote:
I remember someone asked if we were going to create a thread that described our society's and the political area within our factions. Do we need to make one or is the 'Sign-In' thread appropriate?
I actually would agree to a new thread so that those who have no web space can do their descriptions etc. there. The descriptions there exist primarily because the game was in it's starters and people where somewhat confused of what to do where.

Unless the Thread-deity has some hidden agenda with that thread....
Old January 30, 2002, 10:56   #79
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Sounds OK to me. I'm working on a new post, by the way. Is there anything in particular that I should include?

And hey! The avatars are back!
Old January 30, 2002, 11:02   #80
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Sounds OK to me. I'm working on a new post, by the way. Is there anything in particular that I should include?
Ehh, well tonight I am having a post (which is not exactly finished yet) but what will happen is, that the Titanian motion for TA membership for pass, and the EC is repelled from Titan and Rhea with no bloodshed.

And o'course the EC will reply/react to the message from GHE.

Quote:
And hey! The avatars are back!
I would use the Coalition emblem, but my nebula is so beautiful...
Old January 30, 2002, 13:57   #81
Mellian
Queen

Re: ***********Attention
It seems the Registration and password settings have changed when i first activated [LordLMP] :P besides, forgot the pass and the cookie on my comp for it... so i created i new account, also realizing that they allow hotmail and so on again.

just starting to get internet connection at my workplacement, which as high speed... have net at the home i living at with 11 other people, but the connection suck as it is not high speed and disconnects :/

anyway, Sprayber, the Galaxy isn't that small :P galaxy is like 60k-100k lightyears long and wide.... were the stars in the map i created spans only 20-50 lightyears. Also, Sol is nowhere close to the galactic core....it is part of cluster of stars at the edge of a galactic arm near the edge of the galaxy. so don't go off making the Universe look heck lot smaller then it really is :P

anyway, still haven'tread the story fully yet, so won't be able to be the realist critic for bit on that area.... but all the stuff said here i will, and the details posted on the site

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2002, 14:04   #82
Mellian
Queen

as for the GHE zone, why not simply make a semi circle which faces towards Sol...as no one knows how far Hive influence expands to...

The Cyborgs are based at that star which i annoyingly forgot at the moment located near Tau Ceti..... that star where that sci-fi Test of Time scenerio is located at. Cyborgs don't let anyone enter the system for some reason, even for trade.

I say the major stars shouldbe habitated :P

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2002, 14:54   #83
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
So what do you say? The Coalition will be more pissed of then ever, and will do anything to prevent membership. Also they will continue harassing the colony, and though they won't directly attack it, they still consider it a colony of theirs.

They do not consider the Nova Saturna as the legal regime of the colony, you see. They might give up on wanting the colony back, but they'll still want the monarch system abolished and a democratic parliament instated.
Trying to overfrow a government rightfully followed by it's people, are we now Kass? NS would just love to annoy EC (whoever is in the head of government - they don't care). BTW, I was thinking of Maria Sanchez having a living link (her uncle) to some European monarchy, but I don't know which one should it be! Any suggestions?

Also, I will make it so that a few Belter clans would settle in the Saturn system and work in a sort of a coalition with the Titan government, until Titan itself launches colonies to other moons of Saturn, from fears of overcrowing (figure - GREEN ECONOMICS )

Sprayber, do you want me to send in-depth details on the Titan society?

PS. THANK GOD THE AVATARS ARE BACK!!!
Old January 30, 2002, 16:15   #84
History Guy
King

Oh, and by the way, to Franky and Kassiopeia, in this new post I am including a Mr. Sym, who shall, if you like, be a traitor later on in the story, and will be selling secrets to the Hive, and perhaps the Terrans (if the price is right). This guy is going to be pretty smelly, but you may find him invaluable when the war progresses...that is until he gets his just desserts!
Old January 30, 2002, 16:56   #85
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Now, Cybergod, I have left you some living space in my post. The Earth fleet is now around Titan, ready to strike.

The Terran Council has assembled in the Terran Alliance Headquarters.

I say, now it's the time for your breathtaking speech on behalf of Titan and Rhea gaining a membership.

Quote:
BTW, I was thinking of Maria Sanchez having a living link (her uncle) to some European monarchy, but I don't know which one should it be! Any suggestions
Well, considering her apparent Spanish heritage, her uncle could be a descendant of the king of Spain, Juan Carlos - of the royal family of Bourbon.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, to Franky and Kassiopeia, in this new post I am including a Mr. Sym, who shall, if you like, be a traitor later on in the story, and will be selling secrets to the Hive, and perhaps the Terrans (if the price is right). This guy is going to be pretty smelly, but you may find him invaluable when the war progresses...that is until he gets his just desserts!
Ah, a typical Morganite apparently.
Old January 30, 2002, 19:57   #86
Frankychan
King

Quote:
That sounds really good History! Thanks for opening up the Morganic people to the brilliance of the GHE. (kidding).

So, is this Mr. Sym an agent for the Hive mostly and selling additional stuff to the Terrans...or is he basically a disgruntled Morganite?

Either way, thanks!

....now only if those dang Spartans would understand the wonderous Hive...
Old January 30, 2002, 20:14   #87
Frankychan
King

Kass,

The message to the Sol system was supposed to be secret! The Earth Coalition isn't supposed to know the message is from the Hive....oh well, if possible can you some how explain how you found out the message is from us?

Actually, I think I can clarify this situation...how's this:

The message on the body of the InEn man was lost. Minister Ehud, impatient to start a war, transmits the message and accidentally leaves the 'GHE' tag marker on it.

How's that? If this sounds good, I'll include it in my next post!

Last edited by Frankychan; January 30, 2002 at 20:29.
Old January 30, 2002, 20:40   #88
Mr. President
Emperor

Anybody like some apocalyptic weapons? I can provide you with some stuff I gleaned from a Carl Sagan book. Basically what you do is use nuclear blasts (or in our timeline you might use anti-gravity boosters) to divert asteroids off course and smash them into rogue planets or satellites. Of course, it consumes too much time, energy, and resources to be part of a sustained strategy, but could be a course of desperation or fanaticism.
Old January 30, 2002, 20:58   #89
Frankychan
King

Weapons of desttruction and other fun stuff...
As I see it,

Redirecting an asteroid would be very risky (not to mention unconventional) and whoever is trying it may not succeed. I see nukes (for Terrans), planet busters (for Chironians), and biological/chemical attacks as an atrocity or something that is done as a last ditch effort/action done in secret/to just get rid of annoyances.

However, I can see a government experimenting on redirecting an asteroids path for destructive purposes...whether or not they succeed is a different story.

Ok, I'm gonna post a description of Hive "government" *snicker* in the same thread that Mr. President put his. That way, we're both clustered around each other.

One last thing---->I've only just realized all the stuff that Emperor Yang has his hands in....dang!
Old January 30, 2002, 22:18   #90
History Guy
King

Franky (I'm posting shortly), I'm not sure whether Sym should be a Hive plant or just a slug who sees a chance at making a few extra energy credits. I prefer the latter, though I think he'd be a bit mysterious in some ways as to what he actually is. Only two things are for sure as of yet, and they are 1) he will give the Hive information on anything the Hive wants, if the price is right, and 2) he'll get killed off spectacularly.

Which do you prefer? Having him a Hive plant, or an unscruplous rotten apple?

Oh, and by the way, the wounded Spartan spy appears briefly in my post.