Old January 30, 2002, 23:08   #91
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I am still here, though college work has been a doozy.

Also I am waiting for somebody to ask for a contract.
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2002, 23:23   #92
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Silence, we're definantly interested in your offer. Tell you what, I'll whip out a little post tomorrow, from the Morgan Military Ministers, asking the terms for a corps of Soldiers of God.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2002, 23:26   #93
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
History,

I like your idea of him being, as you put it, a "slug". Your idea sounds way better than him being a Hive agent.

Silence,

I'm gonna post my response later on tonite. Man, everyone's tearing through their plots and here I am crawling along. I gotta get my butt in gear!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2002, 06:14   #94
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Kass,

The message to the Sol system was supposed to be secret! The Earth Coalition isn't supposed to know the message is from the Hive....oh well, if possible can you some how explain how you found out the message is from us?

Actually, I think I can clarify this situation...how's this:

The message on the body of the InEn man was lost. Minister Ehud, impatient to start a war, transmits the message and accidentally leaves the 'GHE' tag marker on it.

How's that? If this sounds good, I'll include it in my next post!
Gack, a little blooper I am afraid. But the Hive is still quite an enigmatic party, right?
(I was to check out exactly what the message from the GHE was, but forgot and just posted with my assumption that the message was an interstellar communication transmission, not a data disk on a corpse.)
Try to salvage what you can. It could also be a bogus message???
Old January 31, 2002, 09:26   #95
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 14:29
Too play around with apocalyptic weapons tends to go overlly silly and unrealistic sometimes in games..... what yourdrescribing is a Mass Driver, where they sling shot an asteroid to some target.

-LMP

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Anybody like some apocalyptic weapons? I can provide you with some stuff I gleaned from a Carl Sagan book. Basically what you do is use nuclear blasts (or in our timeline you might use anti-gravity boosters) to divert asteroids off course and smash them into rogue planets or satellites. Of course, it consumes too much time, energy, and resources to be part of a sustained strategy, but could be a course of desperation or fanaticism.
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2002, 11:35   #96
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

OK, there we go, Silence. We'll be taking you up on your offer then, as Morgan needs all the Soldiers of God he can get.
Old January 31, 2002, 15:27   #97
Sprayber
Emperor

I am sorry
I am sorry that I have not been able to contribute much to the story thread recently. My girlfriend has been in a terrible accident and the prospects are not good. I will try and post what I have written up and keep up as much as i can. Its a day to day thing and I have no control over it. Please keep up with your story telling and keep the thread alive and well.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2002, 16:51   #98
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Re: I am sorry
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Anybody like some apocalyptic weapons? I can provide you with some stuff I gleaned from a Carl Sagan book. Basically what you do is use nuclear blasts (or in our timeline you might use anti-gravity boosters) to divert asteroids off course and smash them into rogue planets or satellites. Of course, it consumes too much time, energy, and resources to be part of a sustained strategy,
But Mass drivers are proscriptioned by all civilized races!
I always thought a mass driver is a system that throws repeatedly pieces of mass, like a machine gun with unusually big ammunition. This here what Mr President described is not sling-shotting. The asteroid already has kinetic energy, it is re-directed, not spesifically sent to a target. More like sling-shotting a pebble that is thrown at you...

Though, if we have tractor beams (the Terran Battlecruiser has, is it spesific Scion tech or common?) then smaller pieces could be used for some purpose by towing ships. For what purpose, I can't tell. Asteroids are usually slow enough for even a super-capital ship to evade.

Maybe a space station equipped with point-defence systems only could be targeted by such an assault, made by small fighter-class ships or corvettes that would otherwise loose in the situation. But since Space stations do an orbit, I can see no reason why they would not be equipped with anti-asteroid weapons.

But Mr. President, even though I don't want us to go wholliping around pushing asteroids here and there, I'm still interested of what Carl Sagan has had in mind about this very inspiring concept.

Quote:
but could be a course of desperation or fanaticism.
It is purely amazing how everything I read somehow gets related to 9/11 in my mind. A terract with an asteroid.... Useless... The CSN or, as the last resort, the Global Orbital Defences, would pulverize any incoming objects...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
I am sorry that I have not been able to contribute much to the story thread recently. My girlfriend has been in a terrible accident and the prospects are not good. I will try and post what I have written up and keep up as much as i can. Its a day to day thing and I have no control over it. Please keep up with your story telling and keep the thread alive and well.
I hope your gf gets better. If you won't post, then you won't...
Like you have told us so many times, no-one *needs* or *must* post at times, not even the Thread-god. The story itself is in a situation where the Spartan Federation is playing a small role, as big and mean as it may be as a faction.

There are matters greater then this, this is past-time and entertainment, the Real Life is a story thread too big and important to ignore.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; January 31, 2002 at 16:58.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2002, 19:17   #99
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
Howdy all...

Just thought I would join in on the story, I got a discription of my faction in the "sign-in" thread.

For the record, my first copuple of posts on the main story thread will be mostly dealling with how the Protectorate reveals itself to the other hUman nations.

Please tell me now If you think it's too late in the game...
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2002, 19:59   #100
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your loved ones, Mr. Sprayber. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.
Old January 31, 2002, 20:04   #101
History Guy
King

My condolences, sir. You are your girlfriend are in my prayers.

As to Lonestar, it sounds alright to me.
Old January 31, 2002, 22:12   #102
Lonestar
inmate
King

Incidently, the mainline Protectorate Star Crusiers look not unlike A EA Warlock .

So, who wants to have first (official) contact with the Protectorate? How do you want it to go? (I might consider a non-player faction, If I don't have any volunteers...)

Last edited by Lonestar; January 31, 2002 at 23:27.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:55   #103
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

The Drone Republic's home system is Vega, near Altair in our story. I'd be glad to make first contact. If not the Drones, I'd recommend History Guy and the Morganites.

edit: Check out www.geocities.com/beyondalphacentauri for the starmap. Your charges and mine are practically next-door neighbors!

Last edited by Mr. President; February 1, 2002 at 00:30.
Mr. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2002, 01:38   #104
Lonestar
inmate
King

I'll write the next add-on tomorrow.

Incidently, I modified the Protectorate's history to more match yours. (We're the "Pirates" in Altair. We also attack your Space Station and leave behind evidence implicating the Caretakers.)
Old February 1, 2002, 04:29   #105
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Sprayber,

I hope that you and your girlfriend make it through this arduous time for you two. I hope that she makes it through all right.

Lonestar,

I like what I see so far. Just remember that the "Thread-God" has enacted some general rules for the factions. One is if we want to write about interacting with another faction, the author must get consent with that controlling faction's author...helps in collaboration and keeps the story moving more smoothly. But I don't have a problem with you joining in, the more-the merrier.

Makes the BAC universe seem more real.

If you want info on the GHE, just give me a holler.

Kass,

I'll fix up the little boo-boo to make the story have no discrepancies. I'll just use my "lost message" proposal in my next post. I like your post though. I guess I won't have the Hive ship enter Terran Space.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2002, 10:44   #106
History Guy
King

Lonestar,

Looks OK to me. As for first contact, Mr. President is right, his Drones are closest to you lot, and should probably be the first to make contact.

Silence,

Later today I'll respond to your post, and it'll be a deal. Would you like to do the posts of your mercenary Soldier of God units?
Old February 1, 2002, 16:14   #107
Mellian
Queen

Lonestar, Sprayber as the EA Warlock for the Spartans just to say.

another, don't underestimate the Pirates!!! they are not easy to eliminate or get rid off forever.

-LMP

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Incidently, the mainline Protectorate Star Crusiers look not unlike A EA Warlock .

So, who wants to have first (official) contact with the Protectorate? How do you want it to go? (I might consider a non-player faction, If I don't have any volunteers...)
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2002, 17:03   #108
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Gosh another speech That's what you need to do if you want an independent kingdom these days. HOping to finish that soon.

People possibly related to Maria Sanchez:

King Juan Carlos I (the current king of Spain)
HRH Crown Prince Felipe

Her uncle could the descendant from Prince Felipe but how can I make a connection over 700 years!?! Maybe there could be an "on-line" family tree for anyone to look up their lost relatives etc. or, as you know, since Mediterranean families are closely knit, this one would cling totraditions and keep close record of the past.

Sprayber I hope no harm comes to you and your girlfriend. May God be with you... Neka Bog gleda nam vama...
Old February 1, 2002, 19:19   #109
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Lonestar, Sprayber as the EA Warlock for the Spartans just to say.

another, don't underestimate the Pirates!!! they are not easy to eliminate or get rid off forever.

-LMP

Uh, I said *we* were the pirates, not th' drones.
Old February 1, 2002, 19:29   #110
Mr. President
Emperor

Yes, the Drones (it now comes out) fought people they thought were Pirates but who were actually the Protectorate.
Old February 1, 2002, 19:51   #111
Silence
Warlord

Ok I will do the Soliders of God Point ofView, but please excuse me for any oddites that may occur on the ground troop side, I am pretty good with naval tactics and all that (I read the works of the Blessed Weber) but with ground tactics I am still learning.
Old February 1, 2002, 21:42   #112
Lonestar
inmate
King

You know what? I think I'll have the mainline Protectorate Battlecrusiers look like the Valen in Legends of the Rangers.

Mr. President, I'm going to post the arrival of the ship in the Vega system now. Foirst I'll have the Lord Protector and the Senate Committee chairs discussing it, and then will have the transmission...
Old February 2, 2002, 02:20   #113
Mr. President
Emperor

Looks pretty cool, Lonestar. Would you like me to do a post about the ship arriving at Vega, or will you cover that?
Old February 2, 2002, 10:44   #114
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Howdy all...

Just thought I would join in on the story, I got a discription of my faction in the "sign-in" thread.

For the record, my first copuple of posts on the main story thread will be mostly dealling with how the Protectorate reveals itself to the other hUman nations.

Please tell me now If you think it's too late in the game...
Out of the blue, comes Lonestar. And I think it's wonderful to have fresh blood to the story! Welcome, at least on my behalf!

Now, have you studied the timelines accordingly? Also, we others will have to modify ours. The origins of the Protectorate are acceptable.

Theres only one thing to note; your story post tells of Starfuries. Now, the Terran Alliance and Earth Coalition have a Starfury-class fighter already... If the Terrans and Protectorate have not been in contact, this might get confusing. Otherwise,

Of course, the Protectorate ought to be considered Terran aswell, since it's not Chironian. Of course we could have an entirely new sub-sect of Mankind (maybe called "Altairians"?).

Cybergod:
Quote:
Her uncle could the descendant from Prince Felipe but how can I make a connection over 700 years!?!
It is possible nowadays, and since recordings will be much more accurate from 2002 to 2700, I am sure that the connection can be proven in the 2700's.
Old February 2, 2002, 10:47   #115
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Our diplomatic channels will get all clogged up, but -
The Earth Coalition!
Old February 2, 2002, 12:23   #116
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Theres only one thing to note; your story post tells of Starfuries. Now, the Terran Alliance and Earth Coalition have a Starfury-class fighter already... If the Terrans and Protectorate have not been in contact, this might get confusing. Otherwise,

Of course, the Protectorate ought to be considered Terran aswell, since it's not Chironian. Of course we could have an entirely new sub-sect of Mankind (maybe called "Altairians"?).
(1) The Protectorate Starfuries are straight Knock offs of the Earth Coalition and Terran Alliance. You'll find that we have many sources scattered throughout the Human Nations.

(2)We *will* eventually get to a direct contact with the EC. While the Protectorate is Technologoically advanced, we're relatively tiny compared to the other Human Powers. Thus, we're going for the Cryptic.
Old February 2, 2002, 12:53   #117
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:

(1) The Protectorate Starfuries are straight Knock offs of the Earth Coalition and Terran Alliance. You'll find that we have many sources scattered throughout the Human Nations.

(2)We *will* eventually get to a direct contact with the EC. While the Protectorate is Technologoically advanced, we're relatively tiny compared to the other Human Powers. Thus, we're going for the Cryptic.
Acceptable.
Old February 2, 2002, 12:59   #118
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Acceptable.
You know I live for the approval of anomynous Apolytoners, Kass.
Old February 2, 2002, 19:48   #119
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Excuse me for being dumb but,

what the hell are mass drivers!?!

Also we'd like to intercept any transmittion going on in between the EC and the Protectorate (we will find you very suspicious, especially since you killed off your own people, like Magistrate Jessin)

I'm dragging my post loooonnnggg...
Old February 2, 2002, 20:11   #120
Silence
Warlord

Mass Drivers in terms of this debate are spaced based weapons that accelerate probley hard metal slabs at a a fractional speeds approaching that is probley over .4C . Of course the interita and energy relesahed when such a object traveling at that speed hitting anything will ruin somebody's day.