Old February 4, 2002, 21:36   #151
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ok, if you think that the GHE is fair, then that's cool.

Hope yer doin' alright.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2002, 23:17   #152
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Ok, if you think that the GHE is fair, then that's cool.

Hope yer doin' alright.
im doing ok I guess. But my girlfriend hasn't improved. There really isn't anything anyone can do. All we can to is wait. But time is not on her side I don't think.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2002, 06:33   #153
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Just my two eurocents:

Lonestar, you ought to agree for a compromise... All of us have had to do our own compromises in some way or another. There are no room in story-threads for people who can't make compromises.

Also, since you are basically the newest player in game, it is a whole lot easier for all of us if the Protectorate is moved, since it would mean a lesser amount of work for the rest of us.

Of course, what our morale officer suggested was also prudent.

Off to read the story thread...
Old February 5, 2002, 10:46   #154
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Quote:
I also like History Guy's little humor. Someone getting upset over a trashcan is pretty funny to me (I like situational humor).
Oh, um, thanks. Boy the story thread is moving fast now. I intend to start work on a real post just as soon as Cybergod sends a reply to good ol' CEO M. What do you suggest I do with Sym in order to get him closer to the Hive, Franky?

Quote:
im doing ok I guess. But my girlfriend hasn't improved. There really isn't anything anyone can do. All we can to is wait. But time is not on her side I don't think.
I'm very sorry to hear this. I certainly will keep her in my prayers, Sprayber.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2002, 13:26   #155
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
That's a lot of "..."
simply part of my writing style

Quote:
You seem to be seeing the forest for the trees here, LMP. One This isn't Star Trek. In a time of war (be it with the Bree or other factions) No one is going to burn resources to study a system who isn't really doing anything to anyone...excepting destroying those who enter the system. You'll note as of the start of the story, I've had more and more human ships trying to enter the system, which encouraged the Protectorate to finally reveal itself.
You seem to like making it look like I don't know what I am talking about. I know it is not star trek and i am not making it seem like it. Your dealing with a expansionistic species and Altairs is pretty much at the edge of the core of Human Space, so the system will not simply be ignored. Sprayber made some good points which i will not repeat. Right now, I am not paying much attention to the story as i don't have much times and etc... only follow what is said in the discussion board and the stats in the other threads. There will be explorers trying to poke into Altairs from the beginning, before the Protectorate gets very fancy in technology....before they have proper sensor arrays place to track of the entire solar system.... still large area of space. Hey, there must be a reason why the Drones was able to build a Starbase in the system....and doesn't make sense for the Drones to be able to do that without discovering the Protectore on those worlds too....and Drones and other factions will not simpyl ignore the planets, they will try to go in and scan them to see wether they can be colonized or not, for minerals and etc...or artifacts even. Altairs is pretty close to the Spartans and Drones, and i am sure they will spend resources in finding out what is going on at that system..... it would be quite foolish to leave a hole open for aliens to go through and nail them for behind or on the side....and they won't waste resources to defend that area either when they are dealing with the Bree, Gorn, and Proginators. The Humans, especially some other species like the Bree and the Proginators, have very Xenophobic attitudes.... and it is not like it is All Out War all the time that they cannot spare resources.... At the start of 2700, it is generally quiet and not big wars happening... but may soon because of the Morganites and InEn....but that is internal human squabbles.

Quote:
The Altair sytem has several artificial Gravity wells placed through out the system, used to yank incoming ships out of FTL travel. It is impossible to enter the system with the Protectorate knowing.
Gravity Wells, what??? Better off moving the Protectorate deeper into space then come up with high tech gizmos like Gravity Wells......besides, they don't Suck ships towards the Gravity wells, then simply pull them out of FTL if they get near it or/and prevent ships from jumping into FTL.... and you would need a lot of Gravity Wells to cover the entire system, which is still a large area of space, and those Gravity Wells takes a lot of Power and resources. Also, other Factions will detect multiple Gravity Wells at the system....... So Gravity Wells is out of the question really, to high tech, need a lot of them to do what you want and they don't "Magnetize" ships towards them... they are mainly use to prevent escape, not pull them out FTL unless you know which Direction they are coming in and they won't be as powerful as Stars too....unless the protectorate is hightech enough and have enough resources, which i doubt? Overlly silly.

Quote:
Protectorate forces used a Progenitor ship recovered from "the Graveyard" to attack the Drone Space station. Note; the ship was only half built, the primary purpose was to bang up the transmitters so the Drones would see a Progenitor vessel attacking(after which, the main Protectorate fleet arrives)
Sign of Proginators would only attract the other humans like the Spartans for example, not to scare them off and expect them to forget about it. other factions are not stupid. Also, as if the Drones will simpyl build a Space Station in Altairs without discovering the Protectorate.... they would end up being discovered way before then anyway.

Quote:
Historically, Pirate nations were not united under one flag. It's presumpetious to presume it would be like this in the future. (If it were, it would be a pile-on on the Nautilus Pirates. Dog-pile! wwwwwoooo!!!. Sorry, post-bowl fervor there)
Lone Star, i know that and thats what i want! but the clans still have close kinship to each other, excpet for the more "evil" ones you can say, along with the Data Angels who are friends with the Pirates and currently integrated with them, but do have their own agenda....yet scattered like the Pirates. So, if some faction or factions are in the mood of trying to wipe out the pirates, the Pirates will unite to work together to fight them off....else they'll be content to fight among themselves while continuing to their pirating, privateering, raiding, mercenaring, or whatever the a Clan does for survival. At the moment, the most dominating Clan, as well the most advance among the clans, is Kane's Wolverines...and Kane is attempting to unite the Pirate clans...don't expect True Unity, but simply to work together for common goals, to help each other out and etc....with the help of the Data Angels, who is providing Kane a lot of intelligence and so on. So these are not you normal Pirates just to say, and the other Factions learned that long time ago.... but all pirate groups they ever discovered is usually connected to the Pirate Faction somehow. anyway, i will eventually post proper stats on the Pirates..... So don't go off shooting down my Pirates

Quote:
You'll note that while we gained a singularity reactor from the Caretakers, that was the extent of it. You'll also note we gained FTL from "the Graveyard" on Altair3.
Not getting Singulirity Reactors, especially from the Proginators, even the Caretakers. Caretakers may be the nicest of Proginators, but they are still Xenophobic and don't trust other species..... especially trusting them enough to give them very advance technologies!!! The only reactors in current use by the Chironians and Terrans is Fusion Reactors, period.... Quantum and Singulirity Reactors is still theoritical and very high in the technology tree. As for the FTL, can be a different type of FTL Drive from the Chiron (powered by Antimatter) and Terran (powered by Elerium-185, rare minerals found in Sol and few other places) ones. Chiron FTL goes 10 lightyears/day and Terran FTL goes 5 lightyears/day in average. But the Protectorate will not get faster or just as fast of FTLs as the Proginators, Bree, Dosi, Gorn and especially the Fraal..... besides, old relics at that Graveyard.

As for the graveyard, that is simply crashed ruins of ships from some past old battle around the planet, right?

Quote:
Many of our weapons systems are lifted straight from other Human nations, as noted in my Military Commentary, although some are indigeonous, and are heavy Particle Cannons are of Dosi design. The newest Hulls are Nanotech of Dosi design, all previous Protectorate ships are compareble to any other Human ship.
The idea of the Protectorate being more advance then the other Humans while having good enough Probe rating to infiltrate the other factions, while staying secretive, bother me somewhat..... How did the Protectorate actually infiltrated the other factions, without getting discovered and without knowing much about those human societies is alarming..... No way the Protectorate as high enough Probe rating.... May easily infiltrate Terran factions like the Earth Coalition and Mars Combine..., but bit of trouble with Venus and the Belters (no government) and absolutly no with the Scions, whom Protecrate won't be able to relate or able to pass as a Scion..... The Pirate Factions you may somehow succeed in infiltrating some clans, but won't get much information or technology from them....to scattered and they don't easily accept and trust newbies.... Peacekeepers you would be able to infiltrate, but don't assume that it is just easy, they have Probes too (I see the Peackeeper Faction more like the Federation, but rougher)... Morganites and Drones maybe... Spartans, you'll have lot of trouble and do expect trial and error.... Cyborgs no for obvious reasons.... Believers, they have a high defending probe rating, fanatics as they are.... Gaians maybe, but they keep to themselves, secretive (not like the Hive and Protectorate) and mysterious..simply odd, so trial and error. University keeps to themselves too it seems at the moment, but they are not as easy as before to infiltrate, they learn their lessons, and besides, they are not into accepting much travellers, tourists, refugees, etc into their faction... they are busy building, improving and maintaining their perfect Technocratic Utopia. The Cult, doubt it and not worth it....as they are stuck on Chiron and pretty much under the Peacekeeper Faction protection... same with the Pirate Bases controlled by the Nautilus Clan, the morediplomatic and trustworthy of the clans, lol they do of course trade resources/information/etc with the other clans....they are the ones representing the Pirate Faction in the Human Council, which isn't really imposing as the Planetary Council before, where all factions still resides on Chiron. Anyway, cannot simply infiltrate the factions so easily and be able to trash records and etc... in this day and age of the future, thats impossible to completly do a go job and the factions counter-intelligence will wonder........ All factions is into Espionage and Counter-Espionage, especially the Chiron Factions. Can't gueranttee keeping the Protectorate hidden in that way......... yes, i blab on to much.........

Provide a bit of description on how Particle Cannons work.......and doubt the Dosi will only be known to the Protectorate if Altairs is this close to the Human Core.

Quote:
Cloak the worlds? Oh my goodness no. That causes cancer. Haven't you ever seen TNG When the Brough Breaks? You're right, there is only so much we can do to hide the existence of the Protectorate. Of course, the Drones already had a pretty good idea there was a human colony there...
So much for not thinking startrek, hmm? There is only so much the Protectorate can do to hide their existence, but what you suggest(s) is unrealistic....also you move the Protectorate to another system further away while Altairs stays put.

-------------------
Quote:
I will be more than willing to dump having a Singularity Engine tech. No more Caretakers giving up tech. Hmm.....lesse.....Matter/Antimatter it is!
I don't mind Matter/Antimatter Reactors, some of the Chiron factions like the Morganites (the main producers of Antimatter) are getting close to having them... and they are not more powerful then Quantum reactors either. Could be base on the ruined unworkable Reactors found in one of the ruined non-proginator ships in the Graveyard.

Quote:
You mean like large sums of money? (followed sortly thereafter by death threats?
suiting them not in the form of money....which doesn't exist, maybe within a faction like the morganites, but will have no value within other factions. energy is limitless too these days and easy to produce. trading is mainly Barter base between the factions... but wether it would be to their advantage or not to keep it to themselves, to trade this information for what they need/want, or etc....... as for threats, the Data Angels in general will simply laugh at the Protectorate (except maybe the individuals that gets killed), as they been threatening by other factions for so long, it doesn't matter and they know it will be impossible for a faction to eliminate them.... the Data Angels are scattered all over the place with the Pirates and hidden among the other factions societies.... while maintening a strong intelligence network most factions envy, despite the lack of concentrated government

Quote:
Well, you're right about the immense difficulty of hiding a society in the Altair system, presumably there would be all shorts of Tachyon emissions and whatnot coming out. But as the Protectorate has lived in the Altair system for Hundreds of years before the Chironians left Planet, I would think they would have a leg up on knowing how to secure their system.
Maybe a leg up in securing the system, but not to stay hidden for 700 years.

Quote:
-Protectorate is staying put in Altair.[whiny voice] You can't make me move![/whiny voice]
Then the Protectorate cannot stay hidden then for so long... the latest for factions to discover them is by 2500s

Quote:
-You're thinking monolinearly. If most Human Nations are engaged in widespread conflict, they are not going to burn the resources needed to explore the Altair system. Most of them would be inclined to believe the "natural occurance" story.
how you know what i am thinking, hmmm? Most Human Nations are not engaged in widespread conflict just to tell you and they will Burn resources either way to find out why they keep loosing ships at Altairs...just incase it is some aliens or etc.... and No, they are not foolish or stupid enough tp believe the natural occurance story without proper evidence.

Quote:
-I will go and remove all vestiges of the Caretakers handing out tech to us.
Good

Quote:
-In the last 10 years, our aliance with the Dosi has yielded incredible tech. (NanoTech hulls, Particle Cannons)
Provide a valid reason why the Dosi would trust the Protectorate enough to hand out advance technology... was it some trade deal, some valid agreement? (will not accept proxy war as a reasoning, as it doesn't make sense in this game) as if one species will simply and easilly trust another species, especially what goes on in this part of the galaxy. NanoTech hulls is not to far in tech from the Chiron Factions, so fine....most Chiron Factions are in nanotechnology for various things, and will eventually be able to develop NanoTech Hulls in the next 50 years.... provide me a description of the Particle Cannons.... Willing to have them a level or to more powerful then Chaos/Disruptor Weaponry (most common among theChiron factions, along with Impact, Plasma, Missile and basic Laser weapons), but not more powerful then Ion Cannons (power and space hogs) Cloak technology allowed, fine... but won't allow you to sneak into everywhere....especially highly defended systems with decent Sensors.... tachyon detectors are used, especially after dealing with the Stealthy and sometime Cloakable Hive ships....a long with the few Stealthy Data Angel ships, currently experimenting with Cloaks..... No Gravity Wells, unless small and not able to cover the whole system, and only useful to prevent ships to escape.... as No Humans have good enough Deep Space Long Scanners to detect incoming or nearby ships in FTL... only the Fraal and maybe the Proginators have them.... so that means, no deep space sensors to scan nearby solar system... have to be within one or simply within a light year away to scan....... but farther you are, the less accurate too....

Quote:
-While destroying those who enter is the most visible way of us maintaining our secrets, there are literaly thousands of Agents scattered throughout the Human nations, working to keep our existance unknown. (burning records and whatnot).
Like i said above... The Protectorate may have a good offensive Probe rating, but not enough to beat the Data Angels or Hive, to infiltrate the Believers, Cyborgs, Scions, Terran Alliance Fleet and to properlly infiltrate the Belters, Venus, Spartans, Pirates, etc.... especially with being discovered by trial and error, as they keeping their eyes open for Hive, Data Angel or Whoever Probes. Also, it is impossible to keep the Protectorate existence unknown
among the human factions....may try, not will never completly succeed....

Quote:
-Note, I have said I would not be opposed to, say, the Hive knowing of our existence. They have similiar isolationist policies to us and know what to look for.
More then the Hive will find out, unavoidable on the reasoning that Altairs is to deep into Human space and to close to some factions like the Spartans and that other factions are simply will not play dumb and stupid, especially the Spartans who are paranoid.

Spent a Hour writing this post, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2002, 13:35   #156
Mellian
Queen

hmm, seriously need to edit my last post, but no time....... so live with my grammar and sentence structure problems for now.

Lonestar, sorry for pouncing on ya and hope you don't go away, but you must be able to adapt, to stay flexible, to compromise and be open minded to other factions... also must be able to understand the kind of atmosphere the games as which Sprayber as described. You have a good concept for a Faction, just need some adjustments, which you have been willing to make, to keep it fair and Balanced within the game.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2002, 15:53   #157
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
Alright, fine....New system is.....:: moves hand down List-o'stars within 21 LY of Sol::

Howabout the very outer edge, â Hydri?

::wanders off to change::

Edit: Explained the Nature of the Dosi alliance in the Sign-in thread. Also, changed the history so that we now live in Beta Hydri.

It's a different Beta Hydri than the one on the Map, this one is close to the Gorn Expanse.

Last edited by Lonestar; February 5, 2002 at 16:49.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2002, 17:06   #158
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Kassiopeia, I would like us to start planning the bits on the Terrans counterattacks. Will you be planning a raid from Capella? What force shall be surrounding/attacking Callisto? Should I be allowed to get a portion of my men out? I have now my Soldiers of God, and good old Silence is here waiting for his boy's orders so as he can do another post on them. Is it possible that we may be able to send some of his ships and some of mine in on a raid on your Callisto blockade in the near future? Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old February 5, 2002, 17:42   #159
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

'Kay Kass,

There's my post. I hope it fixes up the discrepancies that we had with the direct transmission burst. I also like how the EC is transmitting in a wide spectrum, allowing not only the Hive to hear, but the Morganites and Spartan Federation as well...should provide a good catalyst for events to come.

Hey "Thread-Enforcer",

Is it cool with you that the GHE has an alliance with the Bree? I mentioned (IIRC) that the Bree was giving limited Bree tech to Yang in exchange for data on the Spartans and Drones. This might not sit well with some other BAC authors but I think I can explain what kinda tech their giving us.

Bree tech given to us is considered "low-tech" by Bree standards, but "high-tech" by GHE standards. Sprayber brought up the point that since we invest most of our research in cloak tech, our other tech will not be "up-to-par" with everyone else.

So anyway, I was thinking the Bree would give us non-offensive technology, like agricultural/biological (medical)/ and new forms of energy.

How does that sound to you all?

Other than that, the Bree are basically a background ally. The Hive/Bree alliance is more of a matter of convenience than actual loyalty. Bree has tech Yang wants, Hive can get info Bree wants.

Last edited by Frankychan; February 5, 2002 at 18:31.
Old February 5, 2002, 18:13   #160
Frankychan
King

Man Lonestar!

Slow down, your beating me down with all your writing. Let's discuss how we can open up diplomatic channels between our two empires. What do you propose?

(Like your post. Two cold-hearted factions facing off is always a good thing, relatively speaking..of course)
Old February 5, 2002, 18:55   #161
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
Can I declare myself the threads tactical officer?

OK, a couple of things I need to know about the Earth's miltary in orbit around Callisto if I am going to write up a post.

First off how many ships are actually there, of these ships, do they have a specific purpose.

Like say the, battlecrusiers are there for general purpose/heavy close range assult with their laser battries. Do they have smaller escort vessels that are screening them? Do they have dedicated long range missile ships, Fighter support and the ilk.

Also what the ranges that we are using for naval combat? real close like in the ranges of 1-20 kilometers, or other distances?

Some things I have found rather usefull is a OoB (Order of Battle) which gives the number of a ships used, and the type of ships and a basic outline of what they can do.
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2002, 19:10   #162
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Man Lonestar!

Slow down, your beating me down with all your writing. Let's discuss how we can open up diplomatic channels between our two empires. What do you propose?

(Like your post. Two cold-hearted factions facing off is always a good thing, relatively speaking..of course)
Yeah, I sat there trying to decide How I could push the story along without taking any undue liberties, I hope I pegged the Hive personalities right.

Hmmm.....Obviously, the GHE is not stpid empire, and someone is going to notice outpost "Dragon" has stopped broadcasting it's transponder to the rest of the GHE. Perhaps a Hive vessel could show up, and a few more (smaller) Ranging ships could show up on the Protectorate side.

After a tense stand-off, one of us backs down. (we can cut a deal whereby you let us take our ship and go, we'll give you a description of known Usurper systems.) Well?
Old February 5, 2002, 19:37   #163
Frankychan
King

Read my mind Lonestar,

I was thinking that if your ship was to destroy spacestation Dragon, it would only be a matter of time before the Hive military would send ships to investigate.

Maybe having this event escalate by having us go back and forth would be a good idea...build up the tension and what-not.

I don't know about trading Usurper territory, Yang has more important developments than getting a map of Usurpers. Maybe a link to diplomatic channels? We can still work on this and see how things go. I'll post something small later on tonite to create more tension, nothing big though.

As for nailing the Hive personalities, I think ya got it right. A "It's-mine-now" mentality is something I was going for w/the GHE.

Silence,

I got no problem w/you being the tac. off.

History Guy,

I was thinking, maybe you should take full command of Mr. Sym. Since you have an idea of where you want to go with this character I think it would be best if you controlled his actions directly. Since he's a disgruntled Morgan, maybe have him start investigating known Hive data possessed by the Morganites. Then develop this character there.

Maybe the EC transmission to Hive space will be useful.

BTW, thanks for opening up the Morgan's with Mr. Sym. I think he'll be a great asset to Emperor Yang's plans...
Old February 5, 2002, 19:51   #164
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
AHM!!!

intercepted news reports

... Saturn region diclares indepence... EC sends ships to quell riots... The Saturn Kingdom becomes a member of the TA...

KASS! What now? I would rather wait for you to post, explaining EC's opinions on this. Or just start discussing on this thread...

History Guy - woohoo! But sending down a sly guy to our surface? Oh you want to spy on EC? That's OK by us! (As long as you either (1) share data (2) share enegy credits , nah kidding but please elaborate )

ThreadGod, is it okay for Titan scientists to develop infantry bio-armour (you know, like the aliens had in the Independence Day) making them design ships with less need for life-support (therefore more room for weapons etc. ) and enhance ground combat? Also, are there any near-Sol systems that are 'empty', ie. uncolonised by neither aliens nor humans? (Don't get any ideas yet, I'm just analysing the situation here )

I can imagine this alliance forming:

Team A: Spartans/Drones/Morganites/Saturnians/Soldiers of God
Team B: Bree/G.H.E./EC/Protectorate/Gaians?

Just a random thought... My 4 dinars...
Old February 5, 2002, 21:26   #165
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Since someone was talking about the Bree before, I feel I should offer some clarification vis-a-vis the MI-35 incident. Like Simon mused in the story, the Bree attack was a test of the Drone patrols, and not an all-out invasion. It was a probe, to help their leadership size up the possibility of another invasion of human space which would of course divert huge amounts of resources from the Gorn front. Because the Drones responded quickly and ruthlessly, the conclusion is that an invasion is not advisable at this time and the Bree will maintain their current policy of containment and division (which involves aid to the GHE).
Old February 5, 2002, 22:24   #166
History Guy
King

Silence, as of yet nothing has been decided on the Soldiers of God at Callisto. Nothing will be until Kassiopeia replies to my last message. But don't worry, you guys will get some action to come.

Franky, I think Morgan shall have already intercepted the Hive message to EC and any response, and as soon as I get a message from Queen Maria, and a response here (or anywhere, actually) from Kassiopeia, I'll do some posts, which will include the interception of the Hive message, the diplomatic visit to Titan, and what I'll do with Mr. Sym. This guy will be moderately useful to the despotic Hive government, at least until we bust up his little party, and do him in in some neat fashion...

Cybergod, the reason Sym is going to Titan (briefly) is as he's got diplomatic training. No one as yet knows that he is going to sell the Hive information. Don't worry, though, he won't leak any Titan information, as I don't think he fully trusts the Terrans for some reason or another. He will sell some things to the Hive, namely the strengths of the complete Morganite army and it's positions. He'll sell you boys some other things as well, but we'll get him eventually!
Old February 5, 2002, 22:50   #167
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
I am tryign to get a feel on how his miltary works, becuase when I am going to invest my time in writing a bloody space battle post I better get it right.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2002, 00:32   #168
Frankychan
King

Thanks History for clarifying Mr. Sym's role.

I do think we should not have any more wars right now, seeing that the Morgan/InEn war is enough for now.

Also, if we decide to indeed have another war...it should be drawn out. We don't want anything too flashy early on in the story or else we might not be able to top it after!

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Franky, I think Morgan shall have already intercepted the Hive message to EC and any response, and as soon as I get a message from Queen Maria, and a response here (or anywhere, actually) from Kassiopeia, I'll do some posts, which will include the interception of the Hive message, the diplomatic visit to Titan, and what I'll do with Mr. Sym. This guy will be moderately useful to the despotic Hive government, at least until we bust up his little party, and do him in in some neat fashion...
"Despotic"??? Hey, I resent that! The glorious Hive Empire's government is not despotic! All Yang is doing is looking out for the welfare for each and everyone of his citizens...*snicker*

Oh, before I forget...I kinda wanna see the "adventures" Mr. Sym will have before finally getting his, so can ya kinda keep him around? Pleeeeeeze?
Old February 6, 2002, 12:29   #169
Lonestar
inmate
King

Frankchan,

You'll leave me no choice but to deploy Atmospheric Capable Starfuries to begin buzzing your guys on the ground.

Also, the Cold Harbor might go ahead deploy it's MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit, on a Goliath Battleship thats 1,000 Marines) on the ground.
Old February 6, 2002, 12:46   #170
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Okay people, especially Cybergod, Silence, History Guy... Frankychan, good work with fixing up what I screwed up

Please tell me if there is something left to respond to. It all has a way of piling up. And I was "AWOL" only for mere 30 hours.

The battle situation around Callisto. Lessee. I would imagine that the blockade consists of

- One Coalition Navy Battle Squadron - i.e. 150 capital ships, some one thousand fighters.

- A handful of Terran Alliance Fleet Battlecruiser task forces... Somewhere around twenty Battlecruisers, five hundred fighters? Help me out LMP....

So a somewhat heavy force out there. Could have a replacing rotation or something take place, that would cut the force down temporarily to some seventy CNS cap ships and fifteen TAF Battlecruisers.

If we are going to have some Morganite soldiers out, it'll be more difficult then pushing a computer monitor through a keyhole. But with all the creativity bellowing within our brainstorm, I am sure something can be thought of.

I think that the breakdown of a typical CSN Battle Squadron is:

8 to 10 Battleships (2nd largest warships)
1 to 2 Carrier(s) (Usually of the medium-size kind)
20 Destroyers
40 Cruisers
80 Frigates

If it is a Command Squadron, it has a Command Ship (a modified Battleship) - There are some fifty of these around in the entire CSN.

If it is a Fleet Squadron, it has a Dreadnaught. Three (or four, I can't remember for the life of me) of these are around, fourth/fifth is under construction.

The Flagship Squadron is 450 ships large, divided to three smaller units, and has the Chief Command Ship of the Coalition Space Navy, the Solaris, under the command of Supreme Commander Wakazashi.

There can be smaller Destroyers for example, but then the size difference is replaced by a larger type of some other ship.

Ok, what about Capella? There are probably three - four Battle Squadrons and a few TAF fleets there. A handsome force, may I add Some little raid to a faroff Morgan location could be staged by the EC forces, but I doubt the TAF would join in. They will want to stay to defend the system, not go to some silly raids.

Then there is the Titan situation. The two Battle Squadrons, lead by Admiral Kamalakara and (note) Commodore Craston (Decided that Fleet Admiral is no rank at all), are some 300 capital ships. The NS could muster some one hundred ships.
The orbital cannon and the biotech ships will keep the Battle Squadrons at bay for some time... The information that Titan is an independent TA member will arrive shortly, but the Coalition ships' comms systems will "malfunction" and they won't receive it at first. They will proceed at the colony, but the Terran Alliance will intervene before any serious harm is done.

Is that okay with you Cybergod? My post could have the attempted assault on Titan and the general EC opinion on the whole chibang.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; February 6, 2002 at 12:52.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2002, 13:25   #171
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
If we are going to have some Morganite soldiers out, it'll be more difficult then pushing a computer monitor through a keyhole. But with all the creativity bellowing within our brainstorm, I am sure something can be thought of.
What if some third party arranged some kind of cease fire of some kind or maybe word could get to the EC that the Spartans had begun to move their fleet from the Morgan coporate sector closer to earth. would that provide enough of a distraction or reduction in blockading forces for some to slip out.

And, raids on morgan interests outside the Sol system will bring the Spartan Federation into play.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 6, 2002, 13:34   #172
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

What if some third party arranged some kind of cease fire of some kind or maybe word could get to the EC that the Spartans had begun to move their fleet from the Morgan coporate sector closer to earth. would that provide enough of a distraction or reduction in blockading forces for some to slip out.
Maybe. But, there is a huge load of CSN ships in Sol, and the blockade force at Callisto is only a 1/300 of it...

Quote:
And, raids on morgan interests outside the Sol system will bring the Spartan Federation into play.
Goink. And, the TA would be rather tardy to help against the SF since it was EC's fault to start wrecking havoc with Morgan.
How about doing it anonymous, so that the Morgans can't point fingers at anyone?

Of course, the Federation in play would be most interesting.
Old February 6, 2002, 14:06   #173
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:

Maybe. But, there is a huge load of CSN ships in Sol, and the blockade force at Callisto is only a 1/300 of it...

Goink. And, the TA would be rather tardy to help against the SF since it was EC's fault to start wrecking havoc with Morgan.
How about doing it anonymous, so that the Morgans can't point fingers at anyone?

Of course, the Federation in play would be most interesting.

im posting a message to the EC right now from Kessel. it should be interesting.
Old February 6, 2002, 17:16   #174
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Then there is the Titan situation. The two Battle Squadrons, lead by Admiral Kamalakara and (note) Commodore Craston (Decided that Fleet Admiral is no rank at all), are some 300 capital ships. The NS could muster some one hundred ships.
The orbital cannon and the biotech ships will keep the Battle Squadrons at bay for some time... The information that Titan is an independent TA member will arrive shortly, but the Coalition ships' comms systems will "malfunction" and they won't receive it at first. They will proceed at the colony, but the Terran Alliance will intervene before any serious harm is done.

Is that okay with you Cybergod? My post could have the attempted assault on Titan and the general EC opinion on the whole chibang.
It's fine! Just is it okay with you about the bio-armour (for infantry)? I am assuming it is and am preparing to post once you do.

Quote:
malfunction
This my friends is yet another evidence of the tyranical bureocracy the so called "Earth" Coalition has been bombarding us with! Can't you see our sufering?

BTW

NO ONE HAS ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS FROM MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

-- Nikola
Old February 6, 2002, 17:59   #175
Sprayber
Emperor

sorry Cybergod. your bio-armour seem fine to me.
Old February 6, 2002, 18:05   #176
History Guy
King

What need I answer, Cybergod?

BTW, please do post something on these diplomatic affairs, to give me the go ahead to start work on my next post.
Old February 6, 2002, 18:28   #177
Cybergod
Prince

OK
Thanx for answering Sprayber

I was kinda hopping for.. *coughs* KASS to post, so shall we wait a post or two?

Since the bio armour is fine, we will proceede to upgrade our forces (along with selling some low bio-tech to Belters). The first thing we'd like to do once we send an ambassador, is to ask for a loan from Morgan

Who should send their representative first? History Guy or me?

And it's the 60th post milestone already!
Old February 6, 2002, 19:50   #178
Frankychan
King

Cybergod,

Your monarchy government has not gone unnoticed by the benevolent Emperor Yang...however, recent events with the Protectorate must need my attention.

Your bio-armor technology would be quite an asset to the G.H.E.'s military arsenal.

Unfortunately, the Hive's stance on the newly established monarchy is not what Yang thought it would be...it is, in fact, becoming a thorn in his master plan. That's the Hive P.O.V.

Lonestar,

What now? How should be proceed? Should we just build up the tension a little while longer?
Old February 6, 2002, 20:07   #179
History Guy
King

You may send your representatives first if you wish. Looks like the start of a pretty nice relationship...and hey...bio armor...sounds pretty good to me...

And hey, loans are ok to me, just as long as we get 3 energy per turn...

And hey! Kassiopeia! How does a small raid on part of your Callisto fleet by the Believers sound?
Old February 6, 2002, 20:28   #180
Frankychan
King

Don't think that I don't know what your doing Sprayber,

Trying to turn the Terrans against us, eh? The Hive is only looking out for the welfare of the cradle of humanity...

Damn, that Hive message is really screwing up our plans....I like it though cause it's making the story more interesting.

BTW-->History Guy, I'm trying to find the village where Stalin was born, you wouldn't happen to know, would you?

Last edited by Frankychan; February 6, 2002 at 21:29.