Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Too many stories to count
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
And hey, incidentally, has anyone ever written some fiction piece for the Planet Cult? I have seen little fiction written about Cha Dawn, Domai, and Svensgaard, and alot on the Probe guys, and a bit on the aliens and the Consciousness.
Here are some links for you. For more of them go down to the bottom of the main forum page and slect to view all posts from the begginng. There are great stories that have fell beyond the veil of 5 days. Some are incomplete but very good. Check it out. Oh the ones I picked were just random. There are so many that i love.

Here are a couple of short stories by D4everman
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8476
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8475

Raging Mouse has cool story Called Wizard of Chiron. It is mostly about the University, but contains good in depth stuff on the Cult and Cyborgs as well as some on the Data Angels.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8568

Kirnwaffen has some fiction about the Pirates

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=21940

Here is a story from you esteemed thread god that has gone unfinished

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=22766

Spartan Story worth reading by Evil Knevil

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8458

Free Drone story by Jasonian

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8417

Here is the funniest thing I think I have read here. You have to read this if you haven't.

Santiago Claus

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8379

And a good spoof by Hydro about what really happens at council meeting

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8403
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2002, 16:28   #242
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Ok, a little random babble about the counterattack post I thought I would have written by now... Damn Starcraft!

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if you have something against the following, speak now or forever hold your peace.

1. Terran Alliance Fleet Command orders the Coalition, InEn and TAF forces (Marines, ships) to assault Callisto.
2. In the following ruckus, the Morganites manage to slip through a transport ship or few, but with heavy losses down on Callisto's surface and orbit for MI.
3. Callisto is retaken, but just in case the TA leaves some ground troops stationed there.
All this will be from the EC point-of-view, I'll keep undetailed about TAF functions etc. to avoid possible conflicts in the future.

Comments? Objections?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
I AM GOING ON A SHORT BREAK TO MY COUNTRY FROM 17th OF FEBRUARY TO 1st MARCH SO I AM LEAVING KASS, MELLIAN AND HISTORY TO REGULATE THE FACTION WHILE I AM GONE FOR 12 DAYS...
I am... honoured. Have fun on your break.
Now, what we will do is...
What, you haven't left yet?
Old February 11, 2002, 16:32   #243
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Re: Too many stories to count
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Here is a story from you esteemed thread god that has gone unfinished

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=22766
Good links!
Your unfinished piece revives some old memories... of a short story called Homeworld...
Old February 11, 2002, 17:03   #244
Sprayber
Emperor

Re: Re: Too many stories to count
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Good links!
Your unfinished piece revives some old memories... of a short story called Homeworld...
Yeah, I remember

Seriously, I suggest everyone go back and read the stories. There are some really good stories back there..

im about to write up a post.

Since Cybergod made his annoucement, I'll make mine too.

I will be going to Germany the 8th of March and staying till April 2. The Spartans will be inactive during that time.

Course I haven't been able to do much lately. But hopefully that will change. Leaving home with all that is going on will be very hard. But it will be ok maybe.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 11, 2002, 18:24   #245
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 13:29
Thanks for the link, Sprayber. Why I asked is that while on a trip several months back I wrote something of a short story about the Cult faction. I was thinking I could stick it on the computer, re-vise it, and post it on the Alpha Centauri Fiction board.

OK, Kassiopeia, sounds fine to me. Make it as dramatic and detailed as possible.

Also, I want about 1/3 of the Morganite army at least to get out of the Callisto siege. Is that OK?

And feel free to kill off some of my Morganite characters on Callisto (just not Marmion!), just do them in heroically.

Have good times, Sprayber and Cybergod!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2002, 11:01   #246
Mellian
Queen

In say we leave the darn Proginators alone and don't do anything concerning their history or how long ago it happened and etc.... here is the facts about the Proginators and it is to stay that way:

-Long Long time ago (this could be way more then 1500 years ago) the Proginators were at their height and considered a Ancient Race. The Fraal is still way older, but orginally helped the Proginators a bit way back when to their Ancient status....
-the Ancient Proginators created the Manifolds for some reason which will stay unknown and forgotten...except the Fraal of course, but they will never reveal that and you cannot hack their "datalinks" or infiltrate them... The known Manifolds in human space is Manifold Six? (CHiron) and the Manifold Five or Seven at Tau Ceti. Each manifold varies. Probably just experiments of large scale... nothing wrong for ancient races to play God
-Something happened, which will stay unknown as well, to cause the factioning of the Proginator race and the start of a long Civil War which still goes on even now... some guess it is probably over the Manifolds.... initially, the Civil War was very disastrous to the Proginators, pushing them back to pre-FTL technological levels...at some places, lot worse.... so while the Proginator factions get back up the technological tree, they continue their silly Civil War, which evolved to not only find the Manifolds again lost in time, but to regain their ancient history.
-The only Proginator Factions known to humanity is the Usurpers and Caretakers...there may be a few others, but will stay unknown for BAC sake (there is no such thing as a Chaos Faction)
-Proginators are XENOPHOBIC and don't trust other races, especially after some pass bad experiences in trying to recruit some races to their side.... so no "Battle Thralls" or "Proxies"... if there some still loyal to proginators, then they are not to advance as the proginators and they stay few and are not to be involved in BAC unless we collectively agree to get some more alien involvement later on in the future. And no non-proginators in proginator ships! especially the ones that crash on Chiron, even if they died
-there may be the occasional rare Proginator Scout(s) in Human space, usually searching for the manifolds or whatever, but no more Proginator involvement or activity in Human Space then that. They generally don't care about humanity, if they did...humanity would have a big freakin problem... especially in the proginators discover they have Manifolds. (Chiron and Tau Ceti)
-The only proginator artifacts and so on at this point and now that will be allowed is the Ruined, Damaged and Wrecked old Proginator ships along with another races at that Graveyard in the Protectorate system, indicating some old big space battle over that planet or near it...... the isolated Caretakers in a low tech state (up to par with the Gaians now) on one of the Gaian worlds and the artifacts found at the two manifolds... Chiron(pretty much all discovered by the factions over the years) and Tau Ceti (currently have Gaians, University and Cyborg people chekcing the planet out)

Everyone okay with this and agree not to had anything else concerning the proginators?

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2002, 12:29   #247
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 15:29
LMP-

Disagree with alot of what you said in that last post.

The simple matter is, if indeed the Progenitors created the Manifolds(which I doubt) the opposing factiosn would be lining up allies no matter what to retain control over them.

The Proginitors are only xenophobic in that they don't care about the rest of the races, so long as they don't interfer with their Mainifold quests. As I said, the Hferhin evolved with a proto-planet mind so in any case, they would be an ally the Progenitors would want (in this case, the Usurpers.)

Which brings me to Progenitor activity in this area of space; As there are at least two Manifolds in the "Human Sector" of the galaxy, then the Progenitors will undoubtably maintain a large presence here dispite what you think. As such, conflict will happen between the Progenitors and then Humans.

As for the 1500 number, I made that in reference to "The ;last Progenitor War", the last time the Progenitors had a full scale civil war, not minor skirmishing.

-------------

Progenitor Age

The Progenitor is an old race, but I doubt it's old enough to have had a hand in the creation of the Manifold. The simple fact is, their Technology is too low.

Most will atribute this a long civil war. That is foolishness. History tells us during war Technology accelerates, not recedes (unless it is so devastating{nukes} it wipes out civilizations, in which case not only tech is lost, but knowledge as well).

So, we cannot blame it on war. Then why do the Progenitors have such a intimate understanding of the Manifolds (without knowing where they all are?)?

I propose an alternate hypothesis; at one point the Progenitors were a slave race who aided the original creators in the construction of at least one Manifold. This explains why (a) their tech is so low for such a long-lived race (b) How come they may know of the existence of other Manifolds, but may not know where they are. and (c) Why the Progenitors think they built the Manifolds. It's a embellished memory that became a legend.

------------------

As you can tell, I think you got the Progenitors all wrong :P. I do not intend to deviate from the course I've set out from in regards to the Hferhin unless you can give me a better reason than some unsubstantiated reason that "they're xenophobic". you're welcome to try, though.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2002, 12:36   #248
Mellian
Queen

the Fraal

they are generally base on the Fraal in Alternity Star*Drive universe which is base on big skinny yet big headed black eye aliens in the UFO folklore of today.

The Fraal as been around for a very long time, like several hundred thousand years atleast and have been considered an advance ancient race. So they have been around to see races grow ancient status like the Proginators and so on then dissapear for various of reasons. see large empires, spanning a large area of the galaxy, but later crumbles for whatever reasons. It unknown when or why the Fraal left their homeworld (which is lost to time) and become nomads. The Fraal simply goes around Observing and keep Chronicles.

For some strange unknown reason, the Fraal seem to have a keen interest on Humanity. They have been Observing Humanity since the Bronze Age. Humanity started notice "UFOs" in the 20th century, especially since the Roswell Incident where the USAF or whatever shot down a Fraal Saucer Scout ship. Since then the Fraal stayed off earth, watching humanity from space. They were amused when humanity tried to develop their own saucers and seeing the UFO culture... but regretted that they couldn't recover the saucer that got shot down, which USA secretly hidden and tried copying some technology of the scout... leading to stealth fighters, advancement in electronics and etc.... but the Fraal were happy it didn't effect the Human evolution to much.

What the Fraal notice is how Biometal got involved, worrying them that it may ruined the natural evolution of Humanity. They knew there was a meteor going around Sol... which is actually is an ruined and destoroyed ship of some past ancient race (same one who controlled the Dark Planet) which in time gathered other odd debris.... raining Biometal throughout Sol. They ignored it as no Biometal went to earth oddly enough(even if some did, wasn't enough to effect human evolution)...except for the Moon maybe...
Anyway, they notice that a single little pod ship, with a crude primitive fusion engine, launch off from earth to the moon in the early 1940s that landed on the moon, pilot went out and took samples from the moon, later discovered by Fraal scanners to be some small biometal chunk, then went back to Earth. They were really curious as they didn't expect humans to get into space this soon, especially using a small primitive crude fusion engine. Then they later saw the effect of that paticular Biometal caused.... which later extracted some more crude primitive human crafts launching from earth, which belonged to the Nazi germans, and landed on the moon, establishing a base there and started gathering whatever Biometal they can find. the fraal were surprised that they learned how to use the stuff, even in a primitive matter, and built military base vehicles...probably planning to invading their world with the new military equipment they made out of biometal, which worries the Fraal. They later learned that the meteor will be passing Earth soon, worrying them even more... They didn't want to see humanity fast natural evolution be effected by outside technological influences. So they debated at the local Mothership wether they should intercept the meteor or not.... but ended up deciding to leave it alone and simply watch what happens... when the meteor passed by, causing a meteor shower over the Bering Straights, they notice the USA and the Soviets secretly going straight to it, discovering Biometal, later using some of the stuff to make their own vehicles. USA later had a chance to try their new military units at Antarctica, where they were testing them anyway... when the Nazi Germans left the moon and landed at ANtartica....which caused quite an interesting battle, where the Nazi Germans lost....and then USA scavenging whatever scraps of biometal they can. soon afterwards, the Fraal notice USA secretly sending ships to the moon, where they establishing a base to gather Biometal....Fraal got slightly annoyed that USA also use some concepts and technology base on the ones used from the Fraal Saucer Scout ship, shot down by the USAF which is later known by humans as the Roswell Incident, which is shrouded with conspircies and cover ops. The Fraal is pretty surprised at how well the americans were able to cover things up without their people knowing or rest of the world, especially when they run a democratic society. while the americans secretly went off to establish bases elsewhere in the Sol system, the Soviets started coming up, searching biometal on their own... soon causing the secret Biometal Wars throughout Sol, where Soll observed.... The Fraal were happy that they atleast kept secret, minimalizing the effect it may cause to humanities evolution.

Before the Biometal infestation, in the past century, many young Fraals were getting restless about their nomadic lives and living in motherships. this influenced by observing humanity.... so they debated and petitioned to establishing a colony on Mars and elsewhere.... they would of won and go off colonizing Mars, but they stopped in their track when humanity started using Biometal and expanded throughout their system, waging some silly secret war in space for Biometal.... so the young Fraals who wanted to establishing a colony as stopped preparing for it...as they didn't want to be discovered by humanity, well, not this soon anyway.

the Biometal Wars waged on, ended by fighting off the Furies, later known as Scions. then USA and Soviets biometal forces become allies....keeping watch of Sol for alien attacks and gathering whatever Biometal they can find in peace. in the meantime, the Fraal started paying attention to the Scions....who they expected to be hostile and militaristic, but end up notbeing so... making the Fraal even more curious and hopeful. They did see that the Scions found the Dark Planet and colonized it, then discovered how to use the ancient stargate which was in orbit in a limited way. Fraal notice that the Scions weren't like the rest of humanity....but be something to do with the merging with Biometal or whatever.... when the unofficial Scion War came ?(Battlezone 2), fraal payed close attention and hopes that the ISDF doesn't eliminate the Scions.... so the fraal payed close attention to the ISDF-Scion battles, and some conspiracies being divulge and etc....here in Sol and at the alien system...which needed the help of fellow Fraal Motherships in that area to keep track. then the result of damaging the stargate...having some ISDF and Scions stranded at that alien system...which the Motherships there will track.... (which i won't get into as it won't effect BAC).... Fraal was surprised that humanity disbanded the ISDF, stopped using biometal and stayed on their world, continuing their naural development. Humanity was capable to see the danger of using advance and dangerous technology without being ready for it, which indeed made the Fraal happy. Even more happier that the Scions went on with their pacifist ways and keeping to themselves, without going off to invade earth or whatever. They were amused when they saw the Scions started doing the same thing at they were doing: observing humanity quietly with scout ships and etc.... Anyway, this all increased the Fraal's fondness of humanity, reinforcing some decision they made...which will stay unknown.....especially as to why..........

Fraal went on observing humanity when they got into space, expanding throughout the Sol which they Fraal naturally expected, happy that the Scions is keeping to themselves and not to interfere. fraal decided to not contact the Scions, but they end up doing so when a Scion scout discovered a Fraal scout in Sol. It was a peaceful contact. Fraal felt safe to get into discussions with the Scions concerning humanity and son, but avoided discussing technologies or about the origins of biometal and how it is made from scratch, etc... Scions notice, but they do not push it or try to. Fraal give the Scions a communication device, saying that if they need some help, with good unselfish reason, to contact the Fraal. Scions only used once, when the Terrans ships were coming to Dark Planet....where the Fraal appeared with their mothership, preventing the humans fro eliminating the Scions..... and making first contact with Humanity...

Fraal also kept watch of humanity elsewhere when UNS Unity left sol and got to Alpha Centauri... and UNS Hope, which coincedently run into the stargate in alpha centauri, sending them to Lalande 21185 in a bad condition, crashing on a world there and being worser shape technologicly and equipment wise then the Chironians... (Fraal started keeping tract the Centaurians [unless someone can provide a better name] there, which got stuck on that world century or so before UNS Hope did) then kept tract of USS Endeavour, which ended up at Beta Hydri. Fraal sure started having a field day, seeing humanity at various places and dealing with different situations.... Fraal kept track of humanity all the too 2700, and they still do so.... only occasionally that they interfere for one reason or the other......and humanity still don't know why the Fraal is so fond of Humanity....but they give trying long time ago.

While the Fraal observed Humanity, the other nearby aliens races like the Proginators, Gorn, Bree and so on notices that... being one of the reasons why they leave Humanity alone.

Fraal is still way more advance then the Proginators, especially the Bree and Gorn..... The Fraal ships people usually see is their Scouts...which is either Saucers or Triangular. the only other form of ship seen is their Motherships, which are pretty large... like let say 15-20 kilometres long. each one atleast have million fraal or more.

Fraal is averagely five to six feet in height. they are skinny, have larger heads then humans, in a tear drop shape with big black eyes, small mouth and two little holes for a nose. Just to say, they are Telepathic and they do have a lot of experience with it. They use telepathy to talk among themselves, but use their mouths when humans or other non-telepathic beings are nearby out of polite courtesy. unknown to humanity, the debate wether to settle on a world or more is back up. so maybe at some point, there may be some fraals colonizing a world....... if they ever do, they will do so without their advance technology... preventing some faction or alien to come in, take over the colony and capture some technologies. if they do end up have some Fraal settling some world, which would be known as the Builders by humans, they will be disconnected from the homeships, their Grid net, and etc.....

weeeeeewww. over a hour on this.. better start working on the things i am suppose to be to doing.

-LMP
Old February 12, 2002, 13:29   #249
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
LMP-

Disagree with alot of what you said in that last post.

The simple matter is, if indeed the Progenitors created the Manifolds(which I doubt) the opposing factiosn would be lining up allies no matter what to retain control over them.
I didn't say they wouldn't have, I am saying they don't do that anymore do to past experiences, where some of their so called allies ended up backstabbing them, using technology acquired from the Proginators...which would also increase the Xenophobic sentiment towards other races. So they stop trying to get allies. And very doubtful all allies will simply jump to the chance to become allies to a faction of a Race, a race who is fighting among themselves and who generally don't care about their well beings. I can see maybe a some races becoming allies, depending on their society and culture.... but in most cases, they wouldn't volunteerly. And will use any good chance to get out of of this "alliance". Divided Races simply isn't attractive... which is why the Gorn and some other races maybe generally don't want to deal with Humans.

Quote:
The Proginitors are only xenophobic in that they don't care about the rest of the races, so long as they don't interfer with their Mainifold quests. As I said, the Hferhin evolved with a proto-planet mind so in any case, they would be an ally the Progenitors would want (in this case, the Usurpers.)
It is because of their Xenophobic thinking like that of other races, including their allies which the Proginators only care to use them for their own agendas, not theirs, that would Naturally cause some races to break off alliance with any Proginator faction, and maybe backstab, when they think they are ready and capable... allies are useless if they are not as advance or good to fight the other proginator factions... so they would have to give some technologies, which just end up having that race probably turning around and backstab, break alliance,. and etc..... and the Proginators would naturally stop bothering in trying to allies to help out in their selfish quests to eliminate the other factions of their race and to acquire all of the Manifolds. Would also naturally increase the Xenophobic thinking to compeltly distrust other races, period.... so much for getting allies. It is at this stage of proginator long civil war will be at in BAC.

Quote:
Which brings me to Progenitor activity in this area of space; As there are at least two Manifolds in the "Human Sector" of the galaxy, then the Progenitors will undoubtably maintain a large presence here dispite what you think. As such, conflict will happen between the Progenitors and then Humans.
Several reasons why the Proginators don't have a large presense in Human space:

-They Forgotten where they are, so send scouts to locate them while their warships are busy fighting the other Proginator factions and defend against annoyances like the Bree and Gorn. half of those scouts usually never return anyway for various reasons.
-Proginators needs proof that the Manifolds are there before they spend any resources to got after them.
-despite what you think, the Civil War is still happening, and the Proginator factions are still fighting each other...not just Skirmishs. They may be in a stand still....but if one faction start focusing elsewhere like Human Space, the other factions will notice and take advantage of that.
-one big reason, The Fraal presense in Human Space...and Proginators not fond into getting into battle with them, especially after some past experiences....
-Thread God, Me and other Authors simply don't want the Proginators in human space right now, or have to deal with them. BAC is focus in humanity, not the aliens and we simply don't want alien involvement at the moment.

Quote:
As for the 1500 number, I made that in reference to "The ;last Progenitor War", the last time the Progenitors had a full scale civil war, not minor skirmishing.
Well, that is making assumption you made to support your usurper helpers and so on. I and others say the Proginators is still fighting among themselves... maybe not full scale, but more then minor skirmishs. The Proginator factions will simply not give the other factions a chance to build up.

-------------

Quote:
The Progenitor is an old race, but I doubt it's old enough to have had a hand in the creation of the Manifold. The simple fact is, their Technology is too low.

Most will atribute this a long civil war. That is foolishness. History tells us during war Technology accelerates, not recedes (unless it is so devastating{nukes} it wipes out civilizations, in which case not only tech is lost, but knowledge as well).
Do realize we are talking about the Proginators, an alien race. It would be foolish and ignorant that all other alien races will have the same experiences as the Human Race.
Proginators use to be very advance and use to be peaceful, not needing weapons and weren't geared for war. But when the Civil War started, it became violence very quick using advance and devastating weaponry way beyond "nukes". So they ended up blasting their own infrastructures, killing billions of their own kind and etc..... mass destruction will cause lost of technology knowledge, take the Battetech universe for example in the mean time, they also took out some local inferior races too caught in the crossfire. while loosing tech, they also lost a lot of data on their past history and etc, how and why they created the Manifolds and etc.... so while getting back up the tech tree, using technology advances during wartime, the Proginators smarted up a bit and decided not to use mass destruction weapons, ruining many star systems... well they will again, if they can gueranttee the other factions will not in return.... so making a Cold War type stand off concerning nukes.

Quote:
So, we cannot blame it on war. Then why do the Progenitors have such a intimate understanding of the Manifolds (without knowing where they all are?)?
Yes we can and i explain how and why above. Proginators don't have full knowledge of Manifolds, forgotten and lost due their earlier devastating stage of their Civil War. They only have rumours, legends, stories and etc left about the Manifold, along with their ideological beliefs. For the same reasons, they don't where all of the manifolds are and not all are the same. as far as the proginators is concerned, there is manifolds throughout the galaxy and they intend to find them all

Quote:
I propose an alternate hypothesis; at one point the Progenitors were a slave race who aided the original creators in the construction of at least one Manifold. This explains why (a) their tech is so low for such a long-lived race (b) How come they may know of the existence of other Manifolds, but may not know where they are. and (c) Why the Progenitors think they built the Manifolds. It's a embellished memory that became a legend.
I don't agree with your propose hypothesis and i have argued all points. Also, all evidence on Chiron points to Ancient Proginators who created the Manifolds, not simply help to build.

Quote:
As you can tell, I think you got the Progenitors all wrong :P. I do not intend to deviate from the course I've set out from in regards to the Hferhin unless you can give me a better reason than some unsubstantiated reason that "they're xenophobic". you're welcome to try, though.
I give you my reasoning why they are Xenophobic and how they naturally became that way, keeping mind they are aliens and not Humans. As far as i am concerned, I got the proginators right, using facts and hints from the SMAC/SMAX, without making under the cannon assumptions. Another good point, this is BAC, a game and we have decided collectively not to get the Proginators involved. I provided the reasoning why the Proginators are simply do not have much presence in human space and why the Proginators is not into having allies.. BAC is focus on Humanity, not the aliens.

Now, why do you want your Hferhin so badly, and to be allies to Usurpers, hmmm?
Old February 12, 2002, 14:45   #250
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Now that's one long post... Good one though, explaining everything to my fragile mind... I personnaly would like more confrontations between the already established human factions (*nudges History Guy* )- no so much with the alien races which seem slightly uninteresting...

Now, I am still here Kass until Sunday so no messing about with Maria till them, all right?!
Old February 12, 2002, 15:02   #251
Lonestar
inmate
King

LMP: About your first post....read conspiracy websites much?

------------------

Second Post:

There appears to have been some misunderstanding. The reason why I created the Hferhin is so that there would be another race with some understanding of the the Manifolds as a enemy to humanity.

If you really don't want the Progenitors in the Human sector, that's fine. Look at a stella map, Beta Hydri is on the very edge of what would be called the "Human sector".

Do *not* use the BAC stellar map, it's too 2-dimensional. B-Hydri is very high on the Z-axis, near the "top" of the galactic disc.

Because the Protectorate is so far removed from the rest of the Human factions, aliens have greater influence on us than the other Factions do.
Old February 12, 2002, 15:17   #252
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
(knudges History Guy)
Huh? Huh? I'm awake! I'm awake! Should I do the post for the arrival of the Saturn diplomats at Morgan Interstellar??

Quote:
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Hey LONESTAR!!!

I think that, sir, is a mistake. Remember the addage 'One who does not know history is doomed to repeat it". It is very true.
Old February 12, 2002, 16:32   #253
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
OK, Kassiopeia, sounds fine to me. Make it as dramatic and detailed as possible.

Also, I want about 1/3 of the Morganite army at least to get out of the Callisto siege. Is that OK?

And feel free to kill off some of my Morganite characters on Callisto (just not Marmion!), just do them in heroically.
*Wanders off to write some more*
Old February 12, 2002, 16:45   #254
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
LMP: About your first post....read conspiracy websites much?
The Nazi stuff and so on is from some Battlezone website...on the game company site i think, which as the history of Biometal..... plus my knowledge of Battlezone 1 and 2..... So pretty much adapted Battlezone and some Star*Drive Fraal/human history.

------------------
Quote:
Second Post:

There appears to have been some misunderstanding. The reason why I created the Hferhin is so that there would be another race with some understanding of the the Manifolds as a enemy to humanity.
Why another race? Good enough to have the Proginators to have some knowledge of Manifold which their ancestors created and the Fraal completly know about them, but don't reveal anything or take advantage of their knowledge. and the Chironians have good knowledge about the Manifolds, especially the Gaians, University and Cyborgs.... and the Cult which they are stuck on Chiron. Don't need another race.

Quote:
If you really don't want the Progenitors in the Human sector, that's fine. Look at a stella map, Beta Hydri is on the very edge of what would be called the "Human sector".

Do *not* use the BAC stellar map, it's too 2-dimensional. B-Hydri is very high on the Z-axis, near the "top" of the galactic disc.

Because the Protectorate is so far removed from the rest of the Human factions, aliens have greater influence on us than the other Factions do.
Maybe, but doesn't mean you can get the aliens involved and like i said about divided races, it is simply not attractive. And doesn't mean you can have contact with the Usurpers or Caretakers too.

If you want to keep that race of yours, then drop the being allies to Usurpers stuff... can make it seem they tried too, being annoying pests, yet not worth wasting resources upon. That race may learned about the Manifolds somehow via minor rare contacts and so on. Or maybe because of the races proto-mind thing... Hive like telepathic mind thing? or simply collective base? That attracted the Usurpers, who check their world out, doing whatever for a bit and got dissapointed and left, realize the world isn't a Manifold. but during that time, the race learned about the Usurpers and so on. learning some things about Manifolds, then went off looking the manifolds themselves, while trying not to get the Usurpers attention. Anyway, the Usurpers temporary stay on their world would influence their culture somewhat.

just ideas

-LMP
Old February 12, 2002, 16:53   #255
Mellian
Queen

reading about the races in Alternity's Star*Drive Universe... was thinking maybe to add the sheseyan and weren into the game? they are both primitives and introduce into game they were in Star*Drive.......... like, the Morganites discovering the sheseyan and incorperating them as citizens like the VoidCorp did, of course, with some possible mistreatment and the weren gets discovered by the believers

I dunno, just thinking.

-LMP
Old February 12, 2002, 17:01   #256
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:29
Ladies-Gentlemen-and esteemed colleagues,

Let's not get overly upset about this. This is supposed to be a collaborative effort on all of our parts. Just because one author has a different idea of what is to be doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong. Remember, COMPROMISE!!! Some concessions have to be made, I for one would like Sol to become part of the G.H.E., but that won't happen.......yet.

Seriously, we should really come to a happy-medium. I just don't seeing ppl fight when they could be talking about it.

Just remember that the 'Thread-God' said that the Main
alien races should be a "back-drop". However, I think that they can be involved in each author's plot.

Let's say a faction, who's ultimate goal is to destroy an alien planet, deals with the human factions extensively. That means fighting with whoever in order to achieve their main goal. That faction does all kinds of things in order to obtain, let's say a new form of tech, to get their ultimate goal. That faction would also have a few brief skirmishes with the alien race that they want to destroy, but would remain ONLY skirmishes...

This is only a hypothetical theory into dealing with other human factions...(and don't worry, this isn't what Yang want's either )

Yang's true goal is much, much worse.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2002, 18:19   #257
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Some concessions have to be made, I for one would like Sol to become part of the G.H.E., but that won't happen.......yet.:evilgrin

Yang's true goal is much, much worse.
*Maria Sanchez and her Constitutional Council take a huge sigh*

So that is your true interest?!? Well then we will resist with great force and ally with your enemies (Spartans & Morgan)! First because of your will to dominate and conquer others in most undemocratic ways, second for betraying humanity by collaborating with the Bree, and third for colaborating with our nemesis - the EC! You shall suffer for this outrage!

(don't take this seriously, at least not for the moment )

History, please could you do me a favour and post my diplomats arrival please? I seem to have a nasty throat infection and need [i]lots[/b] of rest so I am well before my trip. Otherwise I'd do something drastic if I have to stay in this rainy country called England...

BTW Mellian and Lonestar, please don't fight! You have already dragged your disagreements over several pages, COMPROMISE, as the Inhuman Monster says (no offence "Emperor" Yang ), and a compromise, although it might cause "worse" reputation if one backs down, is the best solution for all.
Old February 12, 2002, 18:41   #258
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 19:29
Sorry for not posting, since its Valentines Week and I have to work at the flower shop most of the day, hence why you havn't seen me.

Just considered that a 8th Beleving Fleet has just been reformed to be Solider of God 1st Fleet.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2002, 19:44   #259
Lonestar
inmate
King

Hey Frankchan

The Protectorate's ultimate goal is to unite Humanity under one banner. You can't beat us to it!
Old February 12, 2002, 19:54   #260
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

It seems we have a little conflict of interests here...

Hmmm, how about this...

Lord Protector Ian and Emperor Yang divvy up the races in the galaxy. Yang has abandoned the 'uniting humanity' and has moved onto 'uniting species' under his banner. So that means humanity is just one of many potential candidates. We don't discriminate! We love all species equally...

And speaking of 'uniting humanity'...

Well, Emperor Yang and this "Queen" Maria Sanchez must sit down and have a discussion. I'm sure the two of us can come to an understanding

"Inhuman Monster" you say?

As Sheng-ji himself has said in his "Essay's on Mind and Matter",

Tyranny you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?

(Don't worry Cybergod, I'm not taking it seriously...for now.)

Last edited by Frankychan; February 12, 2002 at 20:16.
Old February 12, 2002, 22:05   #261
Lonestar
inmate
King

After Humanity is United under the Protectorate Banner, I'm going to kill everyone else.

Nothing personal.
Old February 12, 2002, 22:20   #262
History Guy
King

Sure, Cybergod, we'd love an alliance with Queen M., just as long as Chairman Nutski, errr, Chairman Kooklet, whoops, I mean Chairman Yang, gag, I mean 'Emperor' Yang doesn't get too friendly with you guys! And hey, I'll write that post for ya!

Quote:
After Humanity is United under the Protectorate Banner, I'm going to kill everyone else.
Great, Lonestar, when do you start?

Quote:
Nothing personal.
OK, well that makes me happy.
Old February 12, 2002, 22:31   #263
Lonestar
inmate
King

Well, you know what they say...

"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices."

and

"Those who control the present, control the past."
Old February 12, 2002, 22:36   #264
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I've run into a bit of trouble regarding Beyond Alpha Centauri. Namely, I seem to have run out of main storylines. With the Bree relinquishing MI-35 and President Adams closing the Grand Temple on pain of deportation, I have almost nothing left to write about. I would like the Republic to stay out of Earth's affairs unless Morgan Interstellar is directly threatened.

So what's to be done? Take a break? Make up something new? Anybody feel like opening another subplot?
Old February 13, 2002, 00:14   #265
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
I've run into a bit of trouble regarding Beyond Alpha Centauri. Namely, I seem to have run out of main storylines. With the Bree relinquishing MI-35 and President Adams closing the Grand Temple on pain of deportation, I have almost nothing left to write about. I would like the Republic to stay out of Earth's affairs unless Morgan Interstellar is directly threatened.

So what's to be done? Take a break? Make up something new? Anybody feel like opening another subplot?

Mr. President: If I wasn't going away for awhile, I would say we could start another plot line. OR

You could write some stuff for one of the independent worlds. That might give you some room to be creative. There are some listed on the map, or you could make them up. It would be interesting to see their relationship with their larger neigbors. You might even put them between the Spartans and Hive or somewhere else. We could start something with the spartans if you like until i go away.
Old February 13, 2002, 02:45   #266
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Mr. President: If I wasn't going away for awhile, I would say we could start another plot line. OR

You could write some stuff for one of the independent worlds. That might give you some room to be creative. There are some listed on the map, or you could make them up. It would be interesting to see their relationship with their larger neigbors. You might even put them between the Spartans and Hive or somewhere else. We could start something with the spartans if you like until i go away.
Cool ideas! Thanks! I might take up an independent planet for a little while. Thanks again, I never would have thought of that!

If it's OK, I might do one of the independent states near the Morgan-Drone-Spartan-Peacekeeper juncture like Firaxis. You could make a killing as a free port, but sitting there would probably get hot. I'll dream up some ideas and start writing.
Old February 13, 2002, 03:32   #267
Frankychan
King

Mr. President,

Why did you end the Drone investigation at the temple? I was looking forward to see what was to happen. Also, what is to become of our brief "war of words?" I hope that you aren't scared of the G.H.E. (just kidding)

Anyway,

Lonestar, now what? If you weren't going to post something for a while I was going to post up something.

Mellian,

Is a corvette smaller than a light frigate? I'm trying to find the right ship size for a crew of 15~30. Something really fast as well. What would be the proper classification of a ship with this size?

Ok, I've just signed up for a free homepage w/geocities. On that site I plan to post stuff about the G.H.E. It probably will not be image intensive because finding pics is a pain in the derriere. I'll let y'all know when I have something up.
Old February 13, 2002, 03:34   #268
Sprayber
Emperor

Good deal Mr. President. Be sure and write up some kind of short history for the planet or system. That way everyone can sorta see what their relations should be. It dont have to be that inclusive, just major points of interests like what faction they came from or if they were a combination of factions.
Old February 13, 2002, 05:29   #269
Mr. President
Emperor

Everybody's afraid of the GHE, Franky. (Well, almost everybody.) As for the Temple, I will pick that up again, but I need to think out the rest of the details. Since the Bree have melted away from the Fringe again, the fleet will withdraw somewhat, and leave Yasir to his tea.
Old February 13, 2002, 13:53   #270
Mellian
Queen

A Corvette is technicly smaller then a Frigate...... but both size types blurs when you consider Heavy Corvette and Light Frigate.

As for the "argument", I am not mad what gave you that impression? I am always calm and I am always into debates...but doesn't mean i mad. Lonestar challenge the points i made for the Proginators in the BAC, and i replied

Can't exactly compromise the Proginators...and prefer we don't get into details about them.... let them be a big alien force at the edge of explored space that could at anytime start invading space if they ever find out about the Manifolds...or acquired convincing evidence that one world is a Manifold, but ends up not being one

Anyway, BAC is to be focus on Humanity and have the major aliens in the background. If we start making a personal story of a human faction attacking and whatever an alien world, it would simply attract their attention to humanity, which we don't want that so have to make up some good reason why your human faction bothers to even invade an alien world.

So far, some of the major races surrounding human space... not completly around please.... is the Proginators, Gorn, Bree and now the Dosi, which is slightly further and currently only the Protectorate as contact.

President, if your running out of ideas... what about problems from the Pirates, hmm? Originally, when i had the time, which i don't now, is introduce the Pirates during a hijacking of a Drone Merchant Cruiser which was heading to shipyard in Spartan space, bringing a shipment of Worker Droids or something like that....since Drones into robotics, no? especially in Industrial Automation...and used a lot in Drone Ship Yards and so on?
Two Pirate clans will be involved..... Kane's Wolverines and the Novans. after capturing the Merchant Cruiser, a or some SPartan shows up after a distress call....then Novans quickly try to activate the ships FTL Drive to a rendezvous point just outside of the system....just went they thought they succeeded and got the ship intact, despite some critical damage, a Spartan ship, wishfully a Warlock , jumps in puisuit, following the Pirate's jump route.... the Novans thought they were done for until another Warlock from a another direction appeared....making their feelings worse...but quickly realized that it was the Impossible, the Warlock captured by the Wolverines some years back, when it started firing at the Spartan Warlock and Kane sending a quick message "Need some help?" visually identifying the ships Escorting the Warlock as Wolverine Strike Cruisers.

Reason for the acquiring Worker Droids.... Kane wanted to unite the Pirates...atleast have the Clans cooperate together anyway.. to form the Pirate Empire..... while working towards that goal, he realize the lack of manpower for the amount of ships he is getting built at some hidden shipyards. So thinking to get Drones' androids and try to copy the technology and adapting it to other minor techs acquire from factions and from the Hiiagarans 10-15 years back after a long Wolverine expidition deep in unknown space, by the advice of the Fraal's..... which made contact with their Expedition towards human space. Both don't why the Fraal told them to meet, but both the Wolverines and the Hiagarans took advantage of it by learning about each other and trading some techs...no major ones.

Anyway, how about it? may be the final annoyance to the Drones (tired of the Pirates more daring missions against the Drones for whatever in the last several years) and Spartans (loosing another Warlock to the Pirates...which was atleast destroyed then captured this time, or retreated, but thats un-spartan like ...is another insult to the Spartans pride and so on)

Anyway, what i see for Human space is the beginning of a all out instellar war between the Humans factions and so on. not get involve, but still a lot of warfare that may effect everyone. TAF pushs the Morganites out of Sol, Council gives them the go ahead... TAF smarts up the Alliance Members Fleets, especially the Coalition and prepare to conquer the Morganites and whoever, starting with the worlds close to Sol....except for Alpha Centauri. Morganites, with some help from Spartans and maybe the Drones, succeed keep the TAF back with losses, but they get distracted by other matters...... like the Pirates, Hive and so on......

So the CHironians will have problems indeed While the Terrans slowly system after system near Sol, the Chiron factions are busy fight among themselves TAF will avoid getting into conflict with the Peacekeepers, Cyborgs, University and Gaians for now.... will only be the use of Force, but TAF will use propaganda, espionage, diplomacy and etc to acquire systems...... and may absorb Neutral systems too, who join the Alliance as Members.. better to be a member then the Conquered that is my guess in the long run anyway.......

further down then that, while the INstellar Human Wars go ats its height, one or more major alien notices and decide to take advantage of that.... thinking of the Proginators finally properlly take a look and somehow find out about the Manifolds.... so start pushing into Human Space, take systems after systems while moving towards the Chiron and maybe Tau Ceti(which Sol will be in the way)...... so TAF sees the problem and ask for Truce, saying we need to unite as a Race to fight off the Proginators....

hmmm, wonder how the Proginators found out about the Manifolds...... Lonestar's silly proto-mind race? thats long run ideas anyway.............

Quickly after the Proginator War, or during the end of it, Terrans gets sneaky and annexes some more systems from the factions, but in a sneaky non-forceful way May have a huge Battle for Chiron.. maybe a Battle for Sol too..........or when the Liberate the systems taken by the Proginators, but keep them to themselves? Terran Alliance territory would double

Proginators advance started by the Usurpers, but followed by the Caretakers and maybe a new Proginator faction or two.... if the Proginators were united, they could easilly swoop threw Human space en mass with their advance ships... but they fight among themselves along the way... advance may start to stop and slowly retreat back into Proginator space after a huge battle in alpha Centauri.... where the Proginators for the first time temporally worked together..... due to fighting among themselves along the way as well.....major attacks against each back in their space or/and the Gorn or/and Bree taking advantage of it by invading into Proginator space.

Anyway, ideas and vision

-LMP