Old January 31, 2002, 22:37   #181
nato
Prince

Local Time: 14:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MOHonor
My question...where the hell is libertarian?! It's like somebody turned the volume of general from 11 to 3!
Quote:
Originally posted by N. Machiavelli
Perhaps, just perhaps. He is in the mystic place some of us refer to as "The Real World". The magic zone *outside* of the board where people go to work, or eat, or spend time with their significant others. Scary place.
I'm only responding to this because it made me laugh pretty hard.

Lib was banned for a week ... that is why the volume seems lower. Don't worry, he is due to return very soon.

Really, he is the last person you want to pull out the tired old "Stop Posting and Get a Real Life" argument for, N. Machiavelli. Last time I checked he had like 11 posts per day.

Just found this ironic.
Old January 31, 2002, 22:44   #182
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Local Time: 11:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Argos65987
Very mature. My saying about telling the cop to get you coffee was a joke. If you don't get the joke, oh well. Whether your story about you and the cop are true or not, I don't care. Why don't you hire your high priced lawyers to force Firaxis to answer you?
I guess you're probably like that in person too, making light of someone else's problems. You're like that guy who walks into a funeral parlor and starts making 'death jokes'. First, you're not funny. Second instead of 'hijacking' threads with nonsense -- why don't you try helping our situation here -- we already know about the NDA crap and the fact that the company is within certain rights to ignore it's consumers when it comes to development details. Did you think that you might be some kind of saint or scholar by reminding us? Or perhaps it's a superiority complex. Either way, you're not helping the situation, and you're definately not looking any smarter than you did 3 posts ago.

Charles.

Last edited by CharlesUFarley; January 31, 2002 at 23:11.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:04   #183
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Re: Keep the objective in mind - what furthers it?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiltdown
I applaud all calls on Firaxis to release a new patch containing valuable updates. IMHO, unceasing complaining and attacks are not going to further that goal. I think that constructive suggestions, statements of relative priority, or attempts at developing a consensus of customer input on a particular topic would be much better. I fear that intense complaining will quite possibly induce a smaller rushed patch, reducing the chance that game-enhancing additions will be included. No company can afford an endless stream of free enhancements, so the more that are included in this next patch the better. I'd rather wait a little longer for great patch, then see a lesser patch more quickly. The next patch may be the last patch afterall. Just my two scents. ("Eeeeew", and "light a match" )
I agree -- my posts are more meaningless then they are productive, but I'm not doing it for popularity or attention I'm doing it because I'm pissed off. In the least -- I can influence the people who share my grief on the matter. Sadly, I'm still in my 'venting' stage, it usually takes me a while to calm down -- and the greater the disapointment the longer it takes. I too would rather have them spend 'more time' on the patch or expansion than rush it and ruin it. However I would still like to know what features they plan on incorporating. But I don't anticipate that they'll spare me of that misery. Argos made me see the light.

Charles.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:10   #184
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
Actually, I just thought Charles' comment was really funny.

Dan
I'm glad I could entertain. I'll be making appearences at all the major nightclubs, only $50 a ticket.

Charles.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:15   #185
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by nato
Lib was banned for a week ... that is why the volume seems lower. Don't worry, he is due to return very soon.
Just found this ironic.
Lib was banned?? That's sh_tty -- I look forward to his return, and I feel sorry for the votees and one's responsible for his dismissal.

Charles.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:20   #186
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Local Time: 20:34
Quote:

Really, he is the last person you want to pull out the tired old "Stop Posting and Get a Real Life" argument for, N. Machiavelli. Last time I checked he had like 11 posts per day.

Just found this ironic.
Fear not sir NATO, I was merely pointing out that sometimes the outside world can interfere with our 'quality time' on the board, regardless of how frequent we otherwise would post. It wasn't meant to be a barb or anything.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:25   #187
MOHonor
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:34
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesUFarley
I look forward to his return
Charles.
Me too.
Old January 31, 2002, 23:27   #188
nato
Prince

Actually I didn't mean it as a barb either, I just found it funny.

Real world ... gonna go check it out now ...
Old February 1, 2002, 00:53   #189
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Quote:
Actually I didn't mean it as a barb either, I just found it funny.

Real world ... gonna go check it out now ...
I hear good things about it; reviews are high. The PR sucks it's unlikely those in charge are likely to release a patch any time soon. Though I hear it from a reasonible source that they will be charging us with a DEATH expansion pack that may or may not give us what we expected in the original for extra cost....

Money-grubbing capitalist pigs.
Old February 1, 2002, 01:15   #190
FrantzX
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Am I the only person on this board that known the difference between a publisher and a developer?

Infogrames owns Civ III. Not Firaxis. Firaxis does not decide how their code gets into our hands. Infogrames does.

Last edited by FrantzX; February 1, 2002 at 09:13.
Old February 1, 2002, 02:41   #191
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:34
Quote:

How do you know he was banned?
Old February 1, 2002, 05:43   #192
Kilroy_Alpha
Warlord

Quote:
Either way, you're not helping the situation, and you're definately not looking any smarter than you did 3 posts ago.
Thanks. I nearly clawed my eyes out after I read this post - the only way I could stop myself was by hacking my arms off at the elbow. Now I'm typing with the stumps and will probably pass out from the loss of blood at any moment.

Someone who's been filling this board with the amount of diarrhea you have probably shouldn't go around telling others what giant asses they've made of themselves. After all, the only reason YOU don't look any stupider than you did 3 posts ago is because you hit absolute zero after the third page.
Old February 1, 2002, 06:14   #193
Master2000
Settler

It's been a long reading, mostly a waste of time reading this...

Does anyone knows who the BETA testers are? Maybe we could get some information out of them!

Mark, how about asking FIRAXIS for a chat? It's been awhile and there is a need for info from certain people.

It's really easy to find posts from firaxis, just do a search for post where name contains FIRAXIS.
Old February 1, 2002, 07:10   #194
Th0mas
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Master2000
It's been a long reading, mostly a waste of time reading this...
How can you say that when there have been comments like this...
Quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy_Alpha
Thanks. I nearly clawed my eyes out after I read this post - the only way I could stop myself was by hacking my arms off at the elbow. Now I'm typing with the stumps and will probably pass out from the loss of blood at any moment.
Absolute Class

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting
Old February 1, 2002, 08:34   #195
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:

Someone who's been filling this board with the amount of diarrhea you have probably shouldn't go around telling others what giant asses they've made of themselves. After all, the only reason YOU don't look any stupider than you did 3 posts ago is because you hit absolute zero after the third page.

*LOL* This would be in the running for post of the month!!
Top stuff
Old February 1, 2002, 11:22   #196
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Quote:

What an enlightening post. Judging by what you wrote you're a fanboy troll with no arms, no legs and obviously no life. Sad to hear it. Next time maybe you can write something that applies to the situation at hand, rather than clan together with the numerous other idiots that reply to my posts with little or no perpose or meaning but to bi+ch and complain about how much it hurts their little eyes to read my criticism. Assuming you have eyes still.

Charles.
Old February 1, 2002, 11:59   #197
jackshot
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by FrantzX
Am I the only person on this board that known the difference between a publisher and a developer?

Infogrames owns Civ III. Not Firaxis. Firaxis does not decide how their code gets into our hands. Infogrames does.
No, you are not the only person.

Your point is very well taken.
Old February 1, 2002, 12:23   #198
Unregistered
Chieftain

My gawd. Seven pages of this drivel. "Daddy are we there yet?" "When will we get there Daddy?"

Diarrhea would be an improvement.
-- "Mr. Glencannon" - Guy Gilpatrick
Old February 1, 2002, 13:24   #199
CharlesUFarley
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
My gawd. Seven pages of this drivel. "Daddy are we there yet?" "When will we get there Daddy?"

Diarrhea would be an improvement.
You got something better to add then? Or just more diarrhea?

Charles.
Old February 1, 2002, 13:30   #200
Death's Toe
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Th0mas

How can you say that when there have been comments like this...

Absolute Class
Th0mas, I dig your style. You pretty much nailed what I was thinking.

Oh, yea, nice sig to. Very appropriate.
Old February 1, 2002, 13:41   #201
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
What an enlightening post. Judging by what you wrote you're a fanboy troll with no arms, no legs and obviously no life. Sad to hear it. Next time maybe you can write something that applies to the situation at hand, rather than clan together with the numerous other idiots that reply to my posts with little or no perpose or meaning but to bi+ch and complain about how much it hurts their little eyes to read my criticism. Assuming you have eyes still.
Charles.
Charles, may be because it's not criticism, but just polemic, ranting and overestimating your own position? Tell me please, how big is your ego? It has never been a good culture of argument, to call disagreeing people "fanboy trolls", "idiots" and similar. And if that is, what you call "intelligent", oh dear!

PS: Would you be so kind to tell me, what the words "definately" and "perpose" mean? I am not a native English speaker and could not find them in my dictionary.
Old February 1, 2002, 15:39   #202
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 21:34
i think it's time to put this thread to sleep

hopefully we've all learned something about ourselves through it